View RSS Feed

VKM

AJ Styles to WWE?

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
A.J Styles is arguably the best in-ring talented wrestler of this century. He is the only TNA wrestler to rank in at #1 on Pro Wrestling Illustrated annual "PWI 500" list. He is known for his off-the-wall wrestling skills and his Styles Clash. AJ Styles has been with TNA since the start of the company. He's one of the last TNA originals who are currently "surviving" through this "Hogan Regime".

Many wrestling fans believe that A.J will die down with the assumption of a predestined fall of TNA. Some also believe that before TNA's final years, A.J will already throw in the towel and unite with TNA's rival, the WWE.
However, some are skeptical about whether or not the WWE will use A.J in a correct way.

"Besides A.J's sick wrestling skills, he really has nothing else," some might say. I agree that AJ is bland when it comes to character but this doesn't lessen his chance of becoming a great superstar in the WWE.

In the current days of WWE, wrestling doesn't count anymore. In my opinion, WWE is wrong for their push in mic skills. After all, the WWE does stand for "WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT" .

A.J's mic skills aren't horrible though. His mic skills are better than Rey Mysterio, Drew McIntyre, and Jack Swagger. All AJ needs is a character. Even though John Morrison is popular, he has no character.

A.J could possibly replace the WWE's version of Jeff Hardy. A.J is a risk taker, a stuntman and all he needs to be is a fan favorite. And if the WWE wants to train his character, take him to FCW for 1-2 years so he can develop his character. Not everyone started off with great characters. Even the rattle snake himself didn't, as you all remember the ringmaster. But whatever they decide to do to him, they should not change his wrestling name.

Most of the EWN community plays on the words "true wrestling fans" very often on this website. Well if you all are "true wrestling fans", then don't criticize AJ for his mic skills when his wrestling is superb. I mean after all, "true wrestling fans" love "wrestling".

VKM

Submit "AJ Styles to WWE?" to Digg Submit "AJ Styles to WWE?" to del.icio.us Submit "AJ Styles to WWE?" to StumbleUpon Submit "AJ Styles to WWE?" to Google

Updated 11-13-2010 at 10:45 AM by VKM

Tags: wwe tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Michelle McCool vs AJ Styles
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinchin
    He was in wwe once, he got beat by the Hurricane, after doing ALL the classic AJ maneuvers we have seen through the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5tIFlhetw
    He wasn't under a contract, so in actuality, he wasn't apart of the roster which means he wasn't a WWE employee. It was just a tryout/jobber and he obviously didn't get in.
    This article carefuly skirts around the fact that after 2 years in FCW reguardless of how he ends up on the mic he'll end up sucking on the mic. A J at his best is at most marginaly better then Low Ki, and lets look at his burgoning WWE career. Christian is proof no matter how good on the mic or in the ring you are a 200-240 pound wrestler with athleticism will never be champion in WWE. A J is in TNA for the same reason most people are in TNA, because its the most money you can get in wrestling without being run into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    AJ Styles to the WWE: YEAH RIGHT! He's the face of TNA and I really don't ever see it happening nor the "inevitable fall of TNA".

But to play devil's advocate, I'll entertain the idea as if it were possible:

The WWE would do AJ Styles the same way they've done R-Truth, Monty Brown, Christian and all the others who found success in TNA...stick him somewhere on the middle or lower range of the card and not give him the push that he deserves. Like you said, its no longer about in-ring skill...hell, I think you gave WWE too much credit to say that its about mic skills because no one as of late on the roster is really all that impressive in that arena. It seems to be all about who caters best towards the kids and kisses the right person's ass *cough*Sheamus*cough*
    AJ used to be the face of TNA. But, in case you haven't noticed, Jeff Hardy is now the new face of TNA. Heck, his face is plastered all over the TNA website also. He's the chosen one.

I agree, though, that AJ wouldn't be used properly in WWE. I think he'd be an upper mid-carder at best, unfortunately. However, he is very talented and is one of the best in the business today. If he does go to WWE eventually, I'd like to see him as a world champion.
    You said Styles mic skills is better than Swaggers? That's a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ
    AJ used to be the face of TNA. But, in case you haven't noticed, Jeff Hardy is now the new face of TNA. Heck, his face is plastered all over the TNA website also. He's the chosen one.

I agree, though, that AJ wouldn't be used properly in WWE. I think he'd be an upper mid-carder at best, unfortunately. However, he is very talented and is one of the best in the business today. If he does go to WWE eventually, I'd like to see him as a world champion.
    I have noticed that Jeff Hardy is the CHAMPION but the champion isn't always the face of the company. Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold were once the face of the WWE but different people still held the title during their tenure there. Jeff hardy's face being on the belt is just a way to draw for heat on him from the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdawg08
    You said Styles mic skills is better than Swaggers? That's a joke.
    So you'd rather listen to Swagger's lisp that he does every five seconds than AJ's mic skills. C'mon be real. Where is Swagger anyway? Oh yeah that's right, he's a jobber now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.