WWE: Who should really be main eventers?
by, 11-27-2010 at 05:05 PM (6123 Views)
For the past year, WWE has been lacking the star power that they once had during the early 2000s. Some time between John Cena's first WWE title reign and the 2nd coming of ECW, WWE has lost their ability to make wrestlers into superstars.
It's going to take a miracle to bring WWE back to WWE 2005-2006. However there are some superstars who i believe could take the wrestling world by storm.
1. The Miz - last Monday he won the WWE championship. However, i believe that it was the wrong time to do so. The Miz says that he is awesome, but who has he beaten to prove how awesome he is. Sure you can all say Randy Orton, but he beat him when he was down. Besides his feud with John Cena, he hasn't had a legitimate feud that can show if he's worthy to become a main eventer. I can't see him beating John Cena, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Randy Orton, or even Wade Barret. What's up with that!?
2.MVP - Before anyone else, I believe that MVP has everything he needs to become the WWE champion. All there is left is a correct push. I don't want to see him have a money in the bank push. I just want it to be a clean and legitimate push. If you look at all the Money In the Bank winners besides RVD Edge, and Kane (who was already over), all of them dropped right back into the midcard status. Jack Swagger and CM Punk are both great examples. Jack Swagger is right back where he was before he won the title, and CM Punk only won the titles when he either faced Jeff Hardy (who's a upper mid carder anyway) or cashed in the MITB.
3.Christian - If you've ever watched TNA when they had Christian Cage, you already know that he is WWE or World Champion material. He just needs the push he deserves. However, I believe that he has no redemption because of his WWE return when debuting to ECW. Why was he in ECW? And why would he want that crappy belt!?
4.Wade Barret - As the months go by and by, Wade is proving time and time of how he should be a main eventer. I believe that he has the perfect push. I mean look at his credentials:
-Caused the Undertaker to be burried alive
-Has proven he can roll with the Big Dogs (John Cena and Randy Orton)
-Has led a very powerful faction that is new and different
-Fired John Cena
Just keep doing what you're doing.
5. CM Punk - His gimmick is perfect and his wrestling is great. His image is terrible though. With his haircut, he looks like a bland jobber. I believe that putting him with the Announce team is a wrong move. Taking a break from wrestling for at least until he heals would make the most since. Then he could come back as either a face or a heel with non-bland look (long hair please - Superstar look) In Punk's WWE career, I have realized that he hasn't beaten anyone that can make him get over as a main event. He had many chances though - Undertaker. If he can beat someone like Triple H or Undertaker, then he's main event material.
6 John Morrison - I can understand why Miz was WWE champion before Morrison. To be honest, he has no character. Yes he's a fan favorite but that can only get you so far.
7. Daniel Bryan - Daniel has the potential to become the next Chris Benoit. All he needs to do is leave his nerdy gimmick and replace it with a violent gimmick. We've seen how violent he can be when he choked out the announcer with his tie when he was apart of Nexus. I mean he already has the Crippler Cross Face.
8. Sheamus - The jar of mayonnaise has a lot of great potential. Its the same with The Miz, he needs to have a legitimate feud. I believe that if Triple H didn't have to have surgery, their feud would turn Sheamus into a main eventer.
9. Ted Dibiase - When Ted was retaliating against Randy, I could see right there that he could become a main eventer. He just needs the proper feud. Hopefully, he feuds with Randy Orton again. That would be epic.