View RSS Feed

mitch176

The difference between TNA and WWE

Rating: 6 votes, 3.17 average.
Hello once again everybody, earlier this morning I sat in my living room watching my weekly Sunday dose of Pro Wrestling. With me living in the UK, TNA is shown on Saturday nights (Or at least the one I watch is on Saturdays) so I record it and watch it Sunday before I watch WWE Experience. Well today I saw the "Whole f'n Show" version of Impact. It was a great show with an amazing match between the MCMG's and Beer Money, throughout the match the fans were chanting "This is awesome" and "Match of the year", then I would like to draw your attention to the main event. A match that pitted Abyss vs. RVD in a "Stairway to Janice" match. A hardcore style match that featured a barbed wire table and tacs with glass.
Now after that match I decided to turn off Impact due to the fact that I already knew what the "Hogan surprise" was, so I turned the channel and put WWE Experience. I fastforwarded to the Dolph Ziggler vs. Rey Mysterio match and that was when it hit me. In the audience all I could hear was a huge group of kids chanting "619 619 619". It was then that I realised the HUGE difference between TNA and WWE, that being that WWE really is a kids program. Sure they have the occassional comment or two that might be a bit touchy, or maybe a match that stretched the boundaries of PG.

Then I really got depressed because that's not what I want to be a part of, I don't want to go to a show and be sitting around large groups of ten year old kids constantly chearing for the good guys. And then the occassional small group of "smarks" who are there to enjoy Pro Wrestling as a whole and they are the ones who chear for who they want to chear for, not who WWE want them to chear for.

Then I looked at the TNA crowd and instead of seeing an audience filled with kids (granted there are about three in that crowd somewhere), instead you look around and you see an whole audience of "smarks". Now that is the audience I want to be a part of, throughout every episode of Impact the crowd is always torn between the Heel and the Face, because they aren't afraid to voice their own opinions.
Now don't get me wrong, I love the WWE, always have and always will, but TNA offers somthing the WWE can't and that is an environment of free will and choice.

Leave your thoughts on what I just said and feel free to disagree.

Submit "The difference between TNA and WWE" to Digg Submit "The difference between TNA and WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "The difference between TNA and WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "The difference between TNA and WWE" to Google

Tags: tna, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TNA is like watching WWF in the early 90's the wrestling seems so slow, although TNA does the better storylines and edgier angles
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.