View RSS Feed

THEKEVINBRAND

Another TNA Original Bites the Dust

Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average.
Yes that's right another TNA Original has left the company he has called home for the past 7 years. Jeremy Fritz or better known to the wrestling fans as Eric Young departed TNA Wrestling last night after declining a new contract offering him a lower salary than he currently earned.

Now who really knows what went down backstage but let me add my opinion to this here: has Dixie Carter not realized that her homegrown talent has taken a backseat lately? I for one don't agree that some TNA Originals are being literally mocked on television and are used to put establish wrestlers over. I find that some fans will agree with me here and say that about half of the TNA fans were there since day 1 and grew with the originals like Christopher Daniels, Eric Young, Petey Williams etc. But instead they all took a back seat to Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy etc.

I became a die hard TNA fan when I first saw Petey Williams perform that dreaded Canadian Destroyer and the fact he was Canadian like me. See back then in TNA the only wrestlers that have come to TNA from WWE were: Jeff Hardy, Christian Cage, and Team 3D. Although Jeff is back in TNA and is getting the push he deserved in his first run, I just feel that his ring work has just gotten sloppier and it's not the same Jeff Hardy we've known to love.

I sure hope that Dixie will realize that all her guys that put TNA on the map 5 years ago are leaving. We're tired of seeing the originals take a backseat. Or better yet incorporate a second weekly show similar to Impact so you can at least split the roster evenly. Have Hogan and his lackies appear on Impact, and then see the people like Amazing Red appear on the other show.

I sure hope Eric Young finds his way around and that Japan is a good option right now and not WWE (no offense to the fans). If I saw Eric Young in WWE he'd be probably in a jobber role and have a ridiculous name just like everyone else. I'm not bashing WWE, it's just their lack of original names.

TILL NEXT TIME

KEVIN

Submit "Another TNA Original Bites the Dust" to Digg Submit "Another TNA Original Bites the Dust" to del.icio.us Submit "Another TNA Original Bites the Dust" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another TNA Original Bites the Dust" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by el gabo
    I would love a TNA fanboy to defend this decision. bischoff and hogan please go away
    Defend what decision????

Love how some folk on this site just jump on Hogan/Easy E as soon as anything they don't agree with happens!!
    Wresters are characters guys, how do u know the nice EY we see on tv isn't a money grabbing power hungry prick?? How do we know he wasn't offered more instead of less money but is holding out for better deal?? Exactly, we dont so to blame hogan an co is a bit rich no??? He was a joke even before they came in ffs!!

Imo EY could go a bit in the ring but had the wrong look (weird shape), horrible voice and didn't have it in him to headline a BIG wrestling company (which is what TNA is trying to achieve) Good riddance id say
    Eric Young is just one of many TNA originals who are slowly being pushed out of the company to make way for more established talent Which will only make TNA look more like WCW and try to relive the past and try and chase ratings. Only problem is that it is not working and the ratings are still way low.

Also the nepotism is rearing it's head as well with Eric Bischoff bringing in his son as a referee so of course you will probably find him eventually being the biased referee like Nick Patrick with the NWO.

And to make matters worse is that Hogan has signed another one year contract so you will still get some more ex WWE talent who will fill Eric Young's place and anyone else who gets pushed out.

And you will probably still get crap angles and confused guys who are one minute a face, then heel, then a face again. No wonder why the WWE still can make a better product by keeping themselves fresh and The Nexus is a prime example of new talent being pushed to the forefront of their programming with the help of John Cena and Bryan Danielson being given the chance to showcase his exceptional talent to the world and becoming a champion in the process and you have to give The Miz credit to "selling" to him as we all know that Danielson is a top class wrestler. But TNA are dropping the ball big time and if they need to survive then they need to chance tactics and move forward and not back to 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy1983
    Wresters are characters guys, how do u know the nice EY we see on tv isn't a money grabbing power hungry prick?? How do we know he wasn't offered more instead of less money but is holding out for better deal?? Exactly, we dont so to blame hogan an co is a bit rich no??? He was a joke even before they came in ffs!!
    The reports stated it was because of less money. And honestly, who would hold out for more money when they're offering more money then originally?

And if he was power hungry, why would he agree to get pushed back every time? He was becoming a great heel with World Elite and then got pushed down to Nash lackey and then to a joke wrestler again. If he was as power hungry, he would have turned it down and got fired or quit for something like that.
    Alright for those who commented and were anti Eric Young fans party's over! EY just signes back with TNA!
    Well Eric has re-signed now, so that's a plus i suppose. But to be honest, he would be better off leaving TNA. He's not going to get near any title as long as Hogan and Bischof are running things!! He's better off in ROH or Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by el gabo
    I would love a TNA fanboy to defend this decision. bischoff and hogan please go away
    Really? Why would any one say such a thing. I mean as a TNA fan I think that was a very stupid comment made by a WWE fan. Smh, why would I, a TNA fan say that Eric had no skill just to disagree with a true statement.

Really, WWE fans need to get of their high horses. Well some at least. After all I am still a fan of WWE too.
    u should read my blog of what tna should do far as talent and story lining. If this is true that that is a huge let down....totally. E.Y. , petty williams, fallen angel , and all the ex-x-division stars who were there. Eric Young was one of my favorites and Petty Williams.<<<<dumb 4 letting him go. And Creed had talent to. Jay Lethal is all right but those guys have way more talent then Robbie E. even Matt Hardy.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.