View RSS Feed

THEKEVINBRAND

WWE vs TNA: The long fought battle

Rating: 3 votes, 1.67 average.
If I wanna watch a kid's show i will watch wwe, but hell no i won't why? because of the lack of direction. here's an example to you wwe marks out there: you say that TNA Wrestling is sitting there stealing every wrestler from wwe and no it isn't true, where is Kevin Thorn? Not in TNA! Where's Maria, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas? NOT IN TNA! Now this whole "stealing" thing came way before my time in the days when wrestling was experiencing its boom era. See without Vince McMahon fishin' in other companies' ponds we wouldn't have seen the likes of Hogan, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Adrian Adonis, Ken Patera, Jim Brunzell, and Jesse Ventura, from the AWA all coming to the WWF at the time. Also we wouldn't have experienced seeing the likes of "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Jack Brisco, Jerry Brisco, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, and "Cowboy" Bob Orton coming in from the NWA. So if you guys think that Dixie Carter is "stealing wwe rejects" think about one thing, they are wrestlers, it's their job to entertain us fans wherever they end up and some have families to privde food for. Vince McMahon did it to take his company international in the 80's with his WWF, Ted Turner did the same in the 1990's with WCW, and now it's Dixie Carter's turn with TNA in 2010 moving forward. So if you don't know your facts and start wising off about TNA on the internet, remember these facts because you all know this is all factual and the truth.

TNA also has some homegrown talent and yes they are over. Why do you think Ric Flair formed Fortune? Is it with Arn Anderson or Tully Blanchard or with JJ Dillon? NO! Fortune is comprised of A.J. Styles, Douglas Williams, James Storm, Kazarian, Robert Roode all TNA homegrown talent who never wrestled in the wwe as main event wrestlers (i.e. Kazarian who mainly competed in the cruiserweight division on VELOCITY), and guess where they're doing in TNA? Main eventing matches and sometimes being all over the card. I find that TNA would be 10-times better if they had someone else writing the shows and booking the stuff. Look at what Dixie missed out! She missed out on Pau Heyman, who wanted to bring in Gabe Sapolsky and Dave Lagna all three who are pure wrestling geniuses and Ms. Carter refused because Paul Heyman wanted to hire and fire the talent. Also, what happened to the old Dixie Carter who only made rare appearances on TV and didn't want to act in a character unlike Vince McMahon. Ok, at least she doesn't go out as an old perv talking about semen and cheating on her husband with another man, but her acting is horrible and she should just run the office. But I find it sad that Dixie refused to fire the talent. Who cares about some of them anyway! I'm a TNA fan but there are some wrestlers who look bad on TV and some need a character change. The only bad thing in TNA right now are not Hogan and Bischoff, they're just saying what Vince Russo wrote for them and we know it all comes down to the writers and creative team who deserve to be fired since they look like it's their first day on the job. This may be the only time i praise wwe here but they hire former Hollywood writers and even Freddie Prinze, Jr, and they're pulling in better ratings due to the fact that they have a background in the world of writing. I agree with those who say TNA needs the change to become the next # 1 wrestling company in the world, but for those who only like wwe and bash the holy hell outta TNA screw you and you are not a true wrestling fan.

LONG LIVE WRESTLING!!

KEVIN

Submit "WWE vs TNA: The long fought battle" to Digg Submit "WWE vs TNA: The long fought battle" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE vs TNA: The long fought battle" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE vs TNA: The long fought battle" to Google

Updated 10-27-2010 at 09:51 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    If I wanna watch a kid's show i will watch wwe, but hell no i won't why? because of the lack of direction.
    Examples? And if you haven't noticed: violence and swearing? Who else but kids would think this is entertaining? Why do you think TNA has a series of toys?

here's an example to you wwe marks out there: you say that TNA Wrestling is sitting there stealing every wrestler from wwe and no it isn't true, where is Kevin Thorn? Not in TNA! Where's Maria, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas? NOT IN TNA!
    Yet Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle and Mickie James are. What's the difference? The guys I mentioned were main contenders (Anderson always seems to get injured when he was going for that) while the guys you mentioned could have helped TNA like Christian. Back then, they had new stars that would excite you and stars you wanted to see in the big picture but never did in WWE. Now you got "No need to climb the TNA ladder, you already did the WWE one."

Now this whole "stealing" thing came way before my time in the days when wrestling was experiencing its boom era. See without Vince McMahon fishin' in other companies' ponds we wouldn't have seen the likes of Hogan, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Adrian Adonis, Ken Patera, Jim Brunzell, and Jesse Ventura, from the AWA all coming to the WWF at the time. Also we wouldn't have experienced seeing the likes of "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Jack Brisco, Jerry Brisco, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, and "Cowboy" Bob Orton coming in from the NWA. So if you guys think that Dixie Carter is "stealing wwe rejects" think about one thing, they are wrestlers, it's their job to entertain us fans wherever they end up and some have families to privde food for. Vince McMahon did it to take his company international in the 80's with his WWF, Ted Turner did the same in the 1990's with WCW, and now it's Dixie Carter's turn with TNA in 2010 moving forward. So if you don't know your facts and start wising off about TNA on the internet, remember these facts because you all know this is all factual and the truth.
    There are key differences with your example of history. When Vince bought them away during the territory days, he bought wrestlers that NOT MANY PEOPLE SAW! Back then, in order to see other matches from other organizations, you needed to go to their county. Vince bought them all together and began the whole idea of one wrestling show for an entire country. You can see a texas style wrestler with a new york style wrestler in California.

When WCW bought the older talent, it did well in the short run, but soon the long run hit them when they had no young talent to take over when the old worn out their welcome.

TNA has been making young stars with their in bought talent, but with the way they've been treating them, then "Stealing" WWE's stars is spitting on the face of the talent that made TNA TNA.

TNA also has some homegrown talent and yes they are over. Why do you think Ric Flair formed Fortune? Is it with Arn Anderson or Tully Blanchard or with JJ Dillon? NO! Fortune is comprised of A.J. Styles, Douglas Williams, James Storm, Kazarian, Robert Roode all TNA homegrown talent who never wrestled in the wwe as main event wrestlers (i.e. Kazarian who mainly competed in the cruiserweight division on VELOCITY), and guess where they're doing in TNA? Main eventing matches and sometimes being all over the card.
    Hey, remember when Jay Lethal got a push? Where is he now? Losing to a Jersey Shore gimmick. Or how about Amazing Red who had an awesome match against Kurt Angle before Hogan/Bishoff? What was the last thing he did? And speaking of AJ Styles, remember when he was heavyweight champ? I remember that. I also remember when he lost that title to RVD, on his first match in TNA, on Free TV. And the last thing Fortune did as a team on PPV? LOSE TO EV2.0! The ratio of grown talent to known talent is terrible card wise. And what's worse, this is exactly how the WWE's pushing methods works.

Also, what happened to the old Dixie Carter who only made rare appearances on TV and didn't want to act in a character unlike Vince McMahon. Ok, at least she doesn't go out as an old perv talking about semen and cheating on her husband with another man, but her acting is horrible and she should just run the office.
    To Vince's credit, he hasn't used himself as a character for a long time.

But I find it sad that Dixie refused to fire the talent. Who cares about some of them anyway! I'm a TNA fan but there are some wrestlers who look bad on TV and some need a character change.
    Gee, I wonder why...

The only bad thing in TNA right now are not Hogan and Bischoff, they're just saying what Vince Russo wrote for them and we know it all comes down to the writers and creative team who deserve to be fired since they look like it's their first day on the job.
    Hogan and Bishoff have a lot more power then you're giving them credit. Seriously, why else would someone go on TV after about 8 surgeries in a short period of time?!?

I agree with those who say TNA needs the change to become the next # 1 wrestling company in the world, but for those who only like wwe and bash the holy hell outta TNA screw you and you are not a true wrestling fan.
    Though you need more strength in your defense. Every organization needs improvements and TNA is getting the worse of criticism because it is supposed to be an alternate, not a copy of things that worked before.
    I love how you have the almighty power to decide who's a "true" wrestling fan.
    Rassling_Fan dude you said it all
    Rassling_Fan speaks truth.
    The only reason there is a battle between the two organizations right now is because there are just too many WWE marks that won't let go of the stale product!
    Hi first of all I like wrestling and have ever since I was a little kid but I think if you think the wwe is a stale product then don't watch it(and yes I agree it can get stale at times)and I can't tell you when the last time I watched a live event was(oh yeah it's usually ppv night because I cant skip those)but wwe has some good segments and so does tna(but not recently damn huckster and son of a bishoff)so I watch the them both and hope something good will happen and if I don't like where the segment/match is going I skip it where all wrestling fans so does it really have to be tna fans vs wwe fans(wwe vs tna)if so I am stuck in the middle and the only reason I wrote this is because I was reading other blogs and hardcore wrestling fans can take it a little too far DAMN it's only supose to be entertainment.
    Updated 10-28-2010 at 12:28 PM by CobraNightviper
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraNightviper
    Hi first of all I like wrestling and have ever since I was a little kid but I think if you think the wwe is a stale product then don't watch it(and yes I agree it can get stale at times)
    I agree with this much. That's why I jumped ship to TNA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.