View RSS Feed

VKM

WWE and TNA Fans: Very Similar?

Rate this Entry
WWE and TNA fans are in a never ending argument and everyone is choosing sides and some are just "neutral". And after reading my Marks of WWE blog, you all probably believe that I am some "ride or die" TNA fan. However, me being a TNA mark is very untrue.

In my blog, Marks of WWE , I seemingly bashed the fans who watched WWE and praised TNA. However, I was only being the devil's advocate. Now let's analyze my last blog, WWE Marks .

The certain argument was: "What's better TNA or WWE?" The side that i took was TNA. Did you all argue back and forth about the discussion?: Yes there were 25 comments of back and forth ranting of WWE and TNA.

My purpose for being the devil's advocate was to see exactly what TNA and WWE fans all have in common. While reading the comments, I realized that it was very simple. What TNA and WWE fans have in common is that they all like wrestling but are fed up with the two company's direction. Pretty simple isn't it. But as simple as it may sound, it is as complex as a computer's hard drive. Here's a more deeper similarity between TNA and WWE fans:

TNA fans love the action that TNA conveys. Most of the fans of TNA actually dislike Hulk Hogan and are content with just Eric Bischoff. They love to see X Division wrestle more than anything else that TNA has to offer. However, TNA has misused the x division and the fans are left with a very poor mid card. TNA fans are very happy to see that TNA values their tag team division and believe that TNA is doing right with the tag teams. Even though TNA has more cons than pros, the fans still watch the product.

WWE fans love action and are not too happy about the stale wrestling that WWE conveys. WWE fans would love to see more of the Tag Team Division and more of the mid card division. The WWE fans are fed up with John Cena and are okay with Randy Orton. Most of the WWE fans love how they are using their young superstars now. Even though there are more cons than pros, the fans still watch the product.

The point is that both TNA and WWE fans are both fed up with the direction in which both the companies are going. However, they still continue to watch both products. With all of their frustration of the backwards turn of WWE or TNA, they have nothing better to do than to just bash the opposing side. If you want to see a revolution, why not do something about it. There is nothing more annoying than a person who complains and does nothing to resolve a situation. The truth is both TNA and WWE fans are wrong. If you continue to do what you do, nothing will ever get done. TNA will be just like it was yesterday and WWE will remain at the top even though they run a stale product. Ask yourselves this, is WWE or TNA making me satisfied or am I satisfying them by watching and paying for their unchanging product?

VKM

Submit "WWE and TNA Fans: Very Similar?" to Digg Submit "WWE and TNA Fans: Very Similar?" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE and TNA Fans: Very Similar?" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE and TNA Fans: Very Similar?" to Google

Updated 11-02-2010 at 02:47 PM by VKM

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VKM - I think you hit the nail on the head! I don't consider myself a fan of either of WWE and TNA. I faithfully watch both shows and like them both for different reasons.

Having TNA in "competition" with WWE is a good thing as it gives wrestlers an alternate work place but also it allows those who miss the "Attitude Era" to watch TNA and those who like WWE wrestling to continuing watching WWE.

I do think that WWE is in the process of transition. The smart thing that WWE is doing right now that I believe TNA needs to do is to focus and develop their younger talent. WWE is not just depending on the older veteran wrestlers any more. Even though the storylines are a bit stale, they are allowing the younger wrestlers to take more of a visible role.
    I'll answer the last question. WWE has me satisfied at a main event and mid card level because mainly, the main event has great storylines(Nexus) and the mid card has some very good wrestlers(Ziggler, Bryan, Morrison, Swagger etc)

TNA has me satisfied at a tag team division and women's division. The women's division is given exposure on Spike despite the bad wages given to the Knockouts and the tag division is simply AWESOME!

What one company can do, the other can't! WWE has no tag division and the divas are just eye candy. Meanwhile TNA can't get the main event interesting and simply have no mid card because their midcard title(the TV Title) is on the face of the company and it is hardly ever used.

I agree with your article but then I have a problem with those people who simply say that WWE fans are not "wrestling fans". Check out my last article if you want to know my views on this. Thanks
    But VKM, I'm not one of the TNA fans that you mention above. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing more X-Division matches, I'm completely satisfied with the product. I've been following it since 2003 and seen it come a long way. I'm also totally discontent with the WWE, which I've been following since 1998. I've seen it at it pentical and fall from grace to what it is now. The staleness of the product is what pushed me completely to TNA.

I just don't understand how anyone watching the WWE for as long as I had or longer could continue to watch in agony and hope things get better. The more people continue to tune in and give them ratings and money...they're going to continue to dish out the same garbage.
    Devil's advocate? I seriously question that because I was the one mentioning alternates besides either organization while you only mentioned TNA.

Though a revolution would hopefully change TNA. I doubt it will for WWE because their target demographic doesn't mind the 80s revival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    Devil's advocate? I seriously question that because I was the one mentioning alternates besides either organization while you only mentioned TNA.

Though a revolution would hopefully change TNA. I doubt it will for WWE because their target demographic doesn't mind the 80s revival.
    I am Devil's advocate because in my last blog, yes I was on TNA's side but if you actually read, you would know that i only did that to understand the similarity to TNA and WWE fans. Learn to read please.
    Quote Originally Posted by VKM
    I am Devil's advocate because in my last blog, yes I was on TNA's side but if you actually read, you would know that i only did that to understand the similarity to TNA and WWE fans. Learn to read please.
    Wouldn't it have been easier to read the topics already with that discussion on the forums then a blog post that lured those who were neutral and those who claim to be TNA Fans? As I mentioned, I doubt any WWE Mark goes to this site. They're mostly kids who have web protection.
    personally I am slightly disagreeing with your WWE fans POV. Honestly, I think WWE has what I like to call the WCW syndrom of 1997.

What is this? Simple. GREAT UNDER CARD. HORRIBLE main event.Superbrawl 1997. Konnan & La Parka & Villiano IV beat Juventud Guerrera & Super Calo & Psicosis. US TITLE MATCH: Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Jericho to retain.
    ^^^^
    Two AWESOME matches both on the undercard. Main event? Hogan/Piper.

WWE Bragging Rights. Daniel Bryan beat Dolph Ziggler. Team RAW vs. Team SD Bragging Rights.
    Main event? Randy Orton/Wade Barret :/

IMO WWE has an AWESOME under card, it's their main events that suck ass.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.