View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Things the IWC Need to Understand

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
This Blog will focus on oppions the IWC has on Different Topics in wrestling..
This will deal with complaints they have on the wrestling business, Popular oppion that is just said cause it is popular without even any thought in to it and also on things the IWC doesnt seem to understand.

John Cena Breaking Ric Flairs Record of most World titles won.
Things are Different in the Wrestling Business. Titles change hands 4 times a month sometimes, and back in Ric Flairs days it wouldnt change Hands 4 times a Year!.... Im not debating which is better long or short title Reigns because its not what this is about..... IWC has to understand that the amount of title reigns isnt as big of a deal as itonce was, Cause the amount a time a Wrestler holds on to the title is much shorter than it use to be.... Ric Flair has held the Title for close to 3,300 days (Thats not counting the WWF regin) and John Cena has held the title a mere 1,100 days, So Ric Flair has held the title over 3 times longer than Cena. So if Cena does beat Flairs 16 World title reign Record, It really isnt a big deal considering Ric Flair Exceeds John Cena by far when it comes to time as champion. Its really nothing to protest about.,, There is Much bigger problems in wrestling than Cena matching the amount of titles Flair had won. Dont be suprised if Cena, Orton and CM Punk all pass Flairs 16 World title reign Record in the next 5 years.

TNA Going out of Business/Closing Down.
TNA has been in business for awhile and everyone says every year that it will be TNAs last year, Its being said now more than ever.
I'm not a psychic, So I'm not saying TNA will be in business forever, I dont know what they are making or losing per year. But I do know they wont be going anywhere for the time being.

TNA doesnt pay their Wrestlers much, TNA also has TV deal going with Spike, they tape Weeks worth of shows at a time. The over head is too little to consider Closing, compared to the invesment so far.

Jim Cornette is a Booking/Wrestling Genius.
Look at Smokey Mountain Wrestling if you dont beileve me. Try to watch it without falling asleep, I did and failed.... Cornette would push Guys like Tracey Smothers (Freddie Joe Floyd) and Tony Anthony (T.L. Hoper) as his main event guys. No disrespect to these men, but No one wants to see them main event of any show.... Not to mention Brian Lee Also being at the top of the roster and holding many titles. Cornette would also give guys who were well past their Prime and had no business being in the ring or were in no condition to Wrestle, Guys like Tommy Rich (who got a title run in the mid 90s). Its no wonder why Smokey Mountain was considered a Joke and closed down.

OVW time
Cornette was pushing guys like Nick Dinsmore (Eugene), Doug Basham (half of the Basham Brothers), Damja (other half of the Bashams), Rico (WWE Rico) and Rob Conway. Cornette also Told the WWE and Vince Mcmahon that those Men (mentioned above) would be the next big stars in his company and have the "IT" factor. Which Talent Did Cornette not see much in? The Prototype (John Cena), Leviathan (Batista) and Randy Orton.... So how did all that work out? as you can see in WWE today, the men Cornette seen nothing in are already Legends in the WWE and furture HOFers...
Cornette also had guys like Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin, Who were very green but had amazing talent even at the beging of their Career, Cornette really didnt do much with them..... Cornette doesnt really have a eye for talent. The product was 10 times better overall when Paul Heyman took over. Heyman was pushing guys that actually had a chance at becoming big stars and had loads of Talent (CM Punk).

WWF Creative team
Cornette also was apart of creative back in the WWF in the mid 90s time. Which was considered one of the lowest points in WWF for creative.... Around the time when they were Garbage men, Plumber and Farmers taking up the WWF mid card. Not to mention Hogpen matches and so on.

So Yes, Jim Cornette hasnt proven he is a Booking or Wrestling genius, or that he even knows what will help or save wrestling, Cornette is caught in the early 80s and simply didnt evolve....... Cornette, Good manager? Yes. Cornette, Good Booker and Creative Wrestling Writer? Hell NO.

5 Moves of Doom.
That is all you hear now is 5 moves of Doom. Even John Cena made a comment about it during his CM Punk Contract signing.... The IWC constantly mentiosn 5 moves of Doom to bring Down John Cena and randy Orton and before that they do the Same to Bret Hart, Claiming Hart always used the same 5 moves before a finish of a match..... but what the IWC doesnt Understand is Almost EVERY Main event guy in any company has the same 5 or so moves they do around the ending to a match....
John cena
Clothesline
Flying Shoulder Tackle
Proto Bomb
5 Knuckle Shuffle
AA

Hulk Hogan
Punches
Clothlesline in the Corner
Slam
Big Boot
Leg Drop

Bret Hart
Inverted Atomic Drop
Diving Clothesline
Snap Suplex
Back Breaker
Elbow from middle rope
Sharp Shooter
That was 6, sometimes its 7. most dont count the clothesline Bret does.

HBK
Flying Forearm with nip up
Inverted Atomic Drop
Clotheslines
Elbow off the top
Super Kick

Warrior
wild punches
Clothleslines
Flying Shoulder tackles
Gorillia Press
Splash

CM Punk
Flurry of Kicks and slaps and roundhouse kick
Knee in the corner
Bulldog
Sling Shot Clothesline
GTS

The list goes on and on with Chris Jericho and Ric Flair.... Having 4,5,6 moves you use to build toward your finisher is smart business, Cause it gets the crowed going, thinking a finsih is gonna happen and thats where False Finshes are done by reversals from wrestler A's signature moves to Wrestler B's Signature moves.... it creates excitment and emotion in a match.... So having a few signature moves before your finisher doesnt show a lack of wrestling or lazyness, No its actually good to have a move set you are known for.

Well that does it, I will expect the usual bashing in the comment section.

Submit "Things the IWC Need to Understand" to Digg Submit "Things the IWC Need to Understand" to del.icio.us Submit "Things the IWC Need to Understand" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things the IWC Need to Understand" to Google

Updated 09-21-2011 at 11:01 PM by THE_CRIPPLER

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The MOD for Cena against others is he really doesn't have much else beyond it. Which is why he gets dogged for the 5 MOD. But now he has 7 MOD:

Thunder Bulldog
    5 Knuckle Shuffle
    STF
    FU
    Leg Drop
    Standing Drop Kick
    Running/Flying Shoulder Block

Sorry but that list above is his only move set. He might splash a suplex of a various sort from time to time. The other wrestlers except Hogan, who popularized the 5 MoD, have their MoD's, but at least have a varied secondary move set.

As it stands, the MoD theory is the only thing I disagree with you with.
    I was hoping somebody else would note of CM Punk's 5 mod's lol
    And I think that Cornette has learned from his Smokey Mountain days. Granted I got no comeback on the OVW status. HOWEVER if you DO want to read some great booking there's this guy on the EWN forums that post his own fantasy league called UWA: Unholy Wrestling Alliance. And he's REALLY good. In fact his shows come on every Saturday and Sunday. You should give it a read.
    UWA

Hahaha shameless plug
    As usual I agree with you. I would like to sum up the typical title change cycle in a few sentences.

- 'I'm so glad Orton lost the title he had it for so long'
    - 'Orton again my god he had it a few times already'
    - 'Oh god he defended it succesful he's been champ two months it's so boring when it not changes hands to my fringe superstar darling with whom I'll get bored within two weeks'
    - 'I'm so glad Orton lost it to a guy I liked he had it for so long but I'll bitch because it wasn't a clean demolition win'
    - 'Oh god Orton again he'll never be as good as flair because flair held it longer and I love it when champs hold the belt for a while'
    - 'Wow he lost it again. The other guy has it for ten minutes and I'm already bored let it change hands to my new fringe superstar darling with whom I'll bore within two weeks'
    - 'Oh my god what happened to Randy Orton, he's been out of the title picture for so long I hate it, I mean come on he's a much bigger superstar'
    Don't you think it's a bit pretentious assuming you know what the entire IWC thinkings? Who are you to tell them otherwise. That's something you need to understand.
    interesting read...when you think about it though, every superstar has 5 MOD. some just have better secondary moves. like jericho and punk. they have a supply of suplexes and submission moves (just an example, not disputing that punk has 5 MOD cuz he, like everyone else, does).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    As usual I agree with you. I would like to sum up the typical title change cycle in a few sentences.

- 'I'm so glad Orton lost the title he had it for so long'
    - 'Orton again my god he had it a few times already'
    - 'Oh god he defended it succesful he's been champ two months it's so boring when it not changes hands to my fringe superstar darling with whom I'll get bored within two weeks'
    - 'I'm so glad Orton lost it to a guy I liked he had it for so long but I'll bitch because it wasn't a clean demolition win'
    - 'Oh god Orton again he'll never be as good as flair because flair held it longer and I love it when champs hold the belt for a while'
    - 'Wow he lost it again. The other guy has it for ten minutes and I'm already bored let it change hands to my new fringe superstar darling with whom I'll bore within two weeks'
    - 'Oh my god what happened to Randy Orton, he's been out of the title picture for so long I hate it, I mean come on he's a much bigger superstar'
    lmfao! THIS! THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!

Sheamus is the perfect example! "HE BEAT JOHN CENA?! He's not ready!" Now? "They're burying Sheamus cause he lost to Mark Henry at Summer Slam!" hahahahahaha.

Unless their name is CM Punk or Daniel Bryan (after he wins the WHC) the IWC is just a constant bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch lmao
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.