View RSS Feed

Gansher

WWE vs TNA: Never Ending War

Rate this Entry
Let's face it; this "war" between WWE and TNA fans is never gonna end until one company is out of business. I watch both shows and honestly, the best show of the week for me is normally either Smackdown or Impact. 2 weeks ago, Smackdown was awesome. This week Impact was better! So I'm just going to outline exactly what I like and hate about both companies then I'll give my opinions on what can be done to improve on their products. I'll also comment on the current internet mentality on "true wrestling fans" which has resulted from this "war".

Let's start with TNA:

Pros of TNA Wrestling:

-Amazing Tag Team and Women divisions
-Offers an alternative to the other company by utilizing more violence
-Has a very good roster offering different styles
-Much more fan oriented(from what I heard anyway. I don't live in the US)
-Cheaper prices and less PPVs throughout the year

Cons of TNA Wrestling

-Can do so much more with the current roster
-A victim of Egomania himself
-No midcard whatsoever
-B & H keener to use former WWE talent other than originals
-Leans more to having veterans in the main event
-XDivision has gone to its worst state ever when it could easily be a main event division.
-I don't like the documentary style backstage promos

That's what I love and hate about TNA Wrestling. Now let's digest WWE in the same way.

Pros of WWE:

-Like TNA, has a great mix of stars on its roster.
-Midcard is easily the best division, making them a treat to watch.
-Has a very good storyline going with Nexus which is staying fresh.
-I love the Youth Movement.
-Can put on amazing matches without the use of blood since turning PG
-4 shows a week, keeping you watching

Cons of WWE:

-The Women's and Tag Team Divisions are horrible
-Their top 2 stars(Orton and Cena) are boring as hell
-Opportunities to push certain stars are not taken.
-Most of their unused veterans are underrated(Regal being the prime example)
-More than 1 PPV a month can get expensive
-Prices are high(front row at Mania is now $1000)
-PPV builds are normally atrocious

As one can notice, both companies have more cons than pros. TNA want to improve? Than get rid of Hogan and EV 2.0 Their biggest mistake was releasing Daniels and destroying the uniqueness of the XDivision. As for WWE, its they way they're organised that's the problem. PG is not a problem whatsoever for me. I prefer seeing a good one on one match rather than a street fight with a gallon of blood flowing everywhere. ECW is long gone now! WWE need to lessen the amount of PPVs and improve quality rather than quantity. If one notices, both companies have had bad PPVs for some time now with each one being saved by a good match. BFG was saved by MCMG vs Gen ME and Bragging Rights was saved by Bryan vs Ziggler.

Now last thing on my mind is this sudden mentality where certain people think they can determine who is a true wrestling fan. I'm talking about those people who have taken it upon themselves to say that WWE fans are not wrestling fans. So wait? TNA fans are wrestling fans and WWE fans are not right? Great mentality. I ask you this question then. Would you rather watch Chris Jericho vs AJ Styles in a traditional match with no blood just like Taker vs HBK was or would you prefer to see it as a Street Fight. Your choice will determine what you like. Ultimately both guys are wrestlers and a match between these two would probably take the wrestling world by storm. Like it or not you're going to watch it, be it a normal match or a street fight. A Street Fight spices it up and could potentially provide blood but does it really need enhancing? Point here is this: You watch wrestling and enjoy watching it than you are obviously a wrestling fan. I'm not going to watch old ECW and WCW tapes and have an orgasm to it like most people would. Why? Cause I'm happy with the current product of both companies.
Then you tell me: "But WWE sucks, TNA rules forever" I say good for you, go watch TNA and leave WWE in your rear view mirror. I'll watch both shows. I'll watch WWE and still be a true wrestling fan while I watch TNA make the same mistakes WCW and ECW made and see it fall into obscurity. When the DVD "The Fall of TNA" comes out, you'll come back to this article and say "God damn it, he was right!" You can go to WrestleZone.com as well and read Mark Madden's articles. You'll see what I mean.

You can now proceed with flaming me. Thank you

Submit "WWE vs TNA: Never Ending War" to Digg Submit "WWE vs TNA: Never Ending War" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE vs TNA: Never Ending War" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE vs TNA: Never Ending War" to Google

Updated 11-01-2010 at 11:38 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wars
    I love how people bitch and moan for YEARS about how much this miss hardcore wrestling... then TNA does it and it's a bad thing. Anything TNA does is a bad thing according to the rule of the internet marks. If WWE stopped being pg and had hardcore matches yuo would all be drooling over it, I mean look at all the times they'd bring Hogan back... that whole entire arena would explode; now that he's in TNA... all you do is bitch about everything they do.
    Not everyone likes Hardcore wrestling. I prefer the regular matches where they go hold for hold then any gimmick match. What's so wrestling about two guys beating each other with random objects?

TNA is doing things that are in fact revolutionary to wrestling. Reaction is an amazing show and they're obviously aiming into a more reality type of show rather than WWE's infinite cartoon machine.
    Yeah, because we need more reality where matches are predetermined.

The greatest match WWE has had in a while was Taker vs HBK because they both had creative freedom for their match, and as good as it was it was already hyped up by gimmick and character. I'd love to see Sheamus and Orton pull of a match like that.
    Didn't you see any of the Ziggler/Danielson matches recently? They were frikkin awesome! Their first one even got a "This is Awesome" chant on PPV.

Go to TNA and you'll be treated a lot better.... but you'll have to deal with your career taking a little longer to rise, and taking a good chair shot once in a while... and maybe.. just maybe have the Nature Boy teach you all his tricks and fight the greatest wrestler in the world..
    Why not support the underdog?? You guys bitch about TNA so much yet you have rather support a company that is being run by fuckin politicians.... give me a break.
    Treated better? At least with WWE, they'll be able to make money being stuck in the midcard then barely affording travel and hotel being a champion. TNA needs an overhaul in management especially since they lost many of great wrestlers because they aren't paid well.
    Wars...you do know that TNA stars are treated with abysmal conditions right? The Knockouts in particular have extremely low wages. Gail went back to WWE so she can actually LIVE!! As in have money to eat and drink and sustain herself. And this article is not about TNA...its about TNA fans calling WWE fans "non-wrestling fans!" So if you have nothing to say about the fans, stop commenting.
    Vince might be an asshole, but at least he picks up hospital bills and rehab. Not saying its peaches and cream in the WWE because politics rule backstage but, at least they are a lot safer there than in TNA. Thank God they banned unprotected head shots. They should ban head shots all together, a step in the right direction.
    WWE= cartoon? what cartoon? just because they move from attitude to ruthless aggression to PG era? its cartoon now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    WWE= cartoon? what cartoon? just because they move from attitude to ruthless aggression to PG era? its cartoon now?
    Well, to that defense, we did had a dream sequence on Raw last week.

But I agree that PG isn't to blame. In fact PG is a good thing while the Attitude era gets a lot of praise despite causing the problems today. And this thought is not just me.
    [QUOTE]Anything TNA does is a bad thing according to the rule of the internet marks[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone said this, because I feel the same way. And I think the thing is.. internet marks are just wrestling purists... so if it's not ROH pure style, they probably bitch and moan.

I love watching Impact, you truly never know what's going to happen.

WWE puts on solid performances which sometimes get stale. But lately its been fresh with all the new faces.
    Yeah right tna think that theres no such thing as bad publicity and impact this week sucked they have the roster to be a good company but hogan and bishoff still think it's the 1990's the way tna is going I give them another year at best(unless they change)and we will see a rise and fall of tna dvd at wweshop.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.