View RSS Feed

Anthony Nilson

MVP BALLIN (heel stable)

Rate this Entry
There haven’t been a strong African American Heel Faction since the Nation of Domination that included the likes of Ahmed Johnson, Ron Simmons, D’Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry and of course, The Rock (also Clarence Mason, Crush, Owen Hart, PG-13, Savio Vega, etc.). This stable had a well documented fued with DX and elevated the career of The Rock and others within the group. Eventhough the NOD was a rip off of the Nation of Islam and the Black Panther Party, the faction did contribute greatly in the WWF’s mid 90’s.

Fast Forward to 2010, the PG Era----enter BALLIN’, a Smackdown! heel faction that consists of Darren Young, MVP, Naomi, and Percy Watson. All are from Miami and have that “swag” about them that could dominate Friday Nights!

Here are the facts:

MVP- is in need of a push and his character is watered down. He has an awesome new theme song (Ballin’). He was better as a heel and he was the NXT PRO of fellow Florida native, Percy Watson. He’s a seasoned veteran and was brought in as a ‘Baller’ by Teddy Long. He has his own show, the VIP Lounge, great mic skills and is a decent wrestler. He would be an excellent leader of the faction and could help the other members get over. Even bring back that bubble lookin’ thing that he came out to earlier in his career!

Naomi- an awesome athlete that’s a standout on NXT Season 3. She has charisma, character and the WWE needs a fresh face in the Diva division that can actually wrestle. She’s the next Miss Jackie and she could have a gimmick that could appeal to the skinny jean-jerkin’-swag generation. Let her win the NXT Season 3 as a fan favorite/face and as soon as she wins, turn heel and ‘diss’ the audience, her NXT PRO and the entire NXT Show!

Darren Young- Other than being a John Cena look alike, a jobber on WWE Superstars and a former member of Nexus, there’s nothing currently available for DY. Well, reunite him with his tag team partner from FCW (Percy Watson) and join Team Ballin’! Darren, if given the opportunity and right program, could actually go in the ring. Turn him heel, cut his hair and do not give him the microphone! He’s from Florida as well and has what it takes to be one-half of the Unified Tag Team Champions!

Percy Watson-A fan favorite from NXT Season 2 with lots of potential. He has mic skills (could be better but enough to hold his own), the physique and charisma. Take away the goofy glasses, turn him heel and reunite him with his FCW tag team partner Darren Young. Give him the mic on occasions only to get a comedic cheap pop from the crowd “You know what I’m sayin’”.

Add Teddy Long to equation NOT as a member but as the guy that show favoritism and give them title shot opportunities…

This faction could be amazing and could develop the next generation of WWE superstars while making MVP a dominant heel.

Submit "MVP BALLIN (heel stable)" to Digg Submit "MVP BALLIN (heel stable)" to del.icio.us Submit "MVP BALLIN (heel stable)" to StumbleUpon Submit "MVP BALLIN (heel stable)" to Google

Updated 11-01-2010 at 11:37 PM by Frank

Tags: mvp
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wow mate wat a brilliant idea. black talent is not being pushed at all X
    *claps hands*
    Bravo..
    Wow That would be awsome,,,FANTASTIC idea..agree MVP needs a change
    If it was up to me, I wouldn't have disbanded SES because I LOVE factions. The Nexus is the only thing keeping me interested at the moment. Anyway that's a discussion for another day.

I would slowly turn MVP heel over the coming months. He can get frustrated with his loss to Dolph Ziggler over the IC title. Then goes into another feud (which he loses) against Del Rio. When the draft comes around, I would send Mark Henry and Zeke over to Raw.

I would team Henry and MVP back up after the draft and continue MVPs frustration until he snaps. Mark Henry, because he is a good friend, stays by MVPs side. MVP gets some more muscle in to help him by the new biggest tag team around, Shad and Zeke.

So effectivaly there is MVP, Mark Henry, Zeke and Shad. Del Rio, JTG, Darren Young could all be potential people to join, along with Kofi too
    I really like your idea, and even more for the fact that you've identified that there is a gap and an opportunity but you haven’t just listed all the black wrestlers and said yeah they can join the group as well. Someone said about Kofi, I disagree he needs a separate push on a separate brand...If Ballin was a real faction then you need one leader (MVP) and having Kofi would just mean one of them was held back, plus I don’t think his personality should be heal just yet.

Mark Henry however I think would work nicely as I think he plays a good heal, has the muscles to support the faction and also has the link with MVP.
    This is an excellent idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by trasler
    I really like your idea, and even more for the fact that you've identified that there is a gap and an opportunity but you haven’t just listed all the black wrestlers and said yeah they can join the group as well. Someone said about Kofi, I disagree he needs a separate push on a separate brand...If Ballin was a real faction then you need one leader (MVP) and having Kofi would just mean one of them was held back, plus I don’t think his personality should be heal just yet.

Mark Henry however I think would work nicely as I think he plays a good heal, has the muscles to support the faction and also has the link with MVP.
    Kofi could actually feud against the group
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.