View RSS Feed

Hesterica

TNA: Small bump in the road

Rate this Entry
First of all, I'm not the biggest TNA fan. Am not a TNA mark. But, I do watch their program every now and then (sadly, not as much as I wanted to).

Like it or not, TNA has a great roster. Although I'm not familiar with all of them, most of their guys are great. AJ Styles is one of the most gifted athletes right now. Kurt Angle, do I need to say more? He's a WRESTLING MACHINE! Only reason am not calling him a Wrestling God is because of JBL. Then you have Samoa Joe who's mean as hell and kick your f*ckin head in every time. The tag champs are awesome as well. They remind me of Paul London and Bryan Kendrick only a step faster.

Jeff Hardy continues to evolve in the ring. Mr. Anderson, dubbed as the next Stone Cold. Although I do not fully agree with this, he has something that a lot of other wrestlers in the biz doesn't. Plus, he's got great charisma. Sad though that every time that he seems to be on the verge of going on to the top, he gets an injury.

Ric Flair is still great on the mic. Although am not a fan of him still wrestling, he knows how to sell a story. Hogan is, well, Hogan. Not a fan of him and right now I haven't fully felt his positive effects on the company. Tell you the truth, I wish Hogan never got on board. Bishoff is alright but not Hogan.

This wrestling company has all the talent to become great. However, they have a small roadblock ahead.

Last night, while watching old videos of WWF and WCW, something popped into my head. What's the one thing why RVD, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy have in common when they signed with TNA? That's the lighter schedule.

Both WWF and WCW had to go on the road to capture a wide audience. They had a show almost everyday of the year. This is what it takes to create a big presence in the market. Business wise, this is what you have to do in order to become a giant wrestling company. As I see it, TNA will soon have to leave Orlando for regular tours. This means a lot more travelling for the wrestlers. And this means problems for some of the company's top guys.

I understand that this will not hinder their growth. But it is problem that I realized that I just wanted to share with you guys.

Thoughts? Comments? Please do share!

Submit "TNA: Small bump in the road" to Digg Submit "TNA: Small bump in the road" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Small bump in the road" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Small bump in the road" to Google

Tags: hogan, tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TNA should invest in a Super Bowl Ad and put on the most adrenaline filled 30 seconds in wrestling promo history.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.