View RSS Feed

THEKEVINBRAND

NXT: a total flop of an idea.....

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Let me begin here that I do not watch wwe programing but I do read and study some play by play reports of their shows to see if it's worth the watch. And like always it isn't.

So this whole planned reality thing where they were supposed to do this ala Tough Enough was down the drain as soon as the first episode aired. ratings showed the same (now we know why it's on wwe.com). I actually thought NXT was gonna be held at the FCW camp in Florida and have basic training there with retired wrestlers. One wrestler would be there to sharpen their skills, one to help cut a promo, and have judges oversee if that wrestler has the "it" factor of becoming a wrestler for wwe. But instead we see some useless competition like boot camp and name that tune competition. If I wanted to watch an episode of Family Feud, I would've done so and like I said, thank god I don't watch that load of crap. And they pre-determine the wrestler that wins the whole thing (which I find isn't really fair). I would have at least added a voting line so u can call in and vote for your favourite guy. At least the whole thing would be fair for everyone. And for those who lost the competition would just go back to training and the winner would go to the brand of their choosing with a guaranteed world title shot.

Now wwe's onto the third season and we're seeing a competition on who can give McMahon the biggest erection. Seriously these girls have no talent whatsoever nor can they cut a promo. And another thing that bothers me about the "diva's" season is what did Vickie Guerrero deserve to be named a pro? She's not a wrestler, and certainly not eye candy. She can barely wrestle, I saw that frog splash at WrestleMania (sure was a channel changer there too and it was on youtube, I'm not nuts to buy a $60 ppv to see $20 worth of matches).

Like I said this is stricly my opinion, oppose if u may, but this is a free country.

"Beat me if u can, Survive if i let u" ~Taz

KEVIN

Submit "NXT: a total flop of an idea....." to Digg Submit "NXT: a total flop of an idea....." to del.icio.us Submit "NXT: a total flop of an idea....." to StumbleUpon Submit "NXT: a total flop of an idea....." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First of all if you have never watched it you cant judge it. Second of all screw the ratings. NXT was a great success the first 2 seasons in my opinion. We recieved 8 new superstars in the first season with one of them fighting for the WWE Title at the next PPV and another is the US Champ. Alsoanother 3 of those superstars are still in a major angle on Raw and 2 of the other would have been barring Injuries. The Next season of NXT gave us Kaval as the great winner, now he will soon get a title shot. Alex Riley is a weekly superstar on RAW. Henning and Rotunda are about to main event Raw next week and could possibly be two new members of Nexus. Now the 3rd season im not a fan of. If they would have kept the Giant chick it would have given us a new aspect in the Womens division but they didnt. All in all, We now have a total of 12 new superstars from the what 3 or 4 months NXT was on and over half of them are big time Players.

"I'm not a hater, I'm just being Real"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Crows Nest
    First of all if you have never watched it you cant judge it. Second of all screw the ratings. NXT was a great success the first 2 seasons in my opinion. We recieved 8 new superstars in the first season with one of them fighting for the WWE Title at the next PPV and another is the US Champ. Alsoanother 3 of those superstars are still in a major angle on Raw and 2 of the other would have been barring Injuries. The Next season of NXT gave us Kaval as the great winner, now he will soon get a title shot. Alex Riley is a weekly superstar on RAW. Henning and Rotunda are about to main event Raw next week and could possibly be two new members of Nexus. Now the 3rd season im not a fan of. If they would have kept the Giant chick it would have given us a new aspect in the Womens division but they didnt. All in all, We now have a total of 12 new superstars from the what 3 or 4 months NXT was on and over half of them are big time Players.

"I'm not a hater, I'm just being Real"
    doesn't matter about who won or who was in it but how they used the competition is what really pissed me off. And i will judge because wwe is a piece of shit company who went PG and grew stale. Who cares about super cena arguing about good he is cuz in reality he's not i can wrestle better than him un-trained. And the wwe title has gone to the same 4 guys in the last 6 months, you won't see Christian win that belt cuz he's got talent and he's nothing to McMahon's eyes. So yeah i rather watch the real wrestlinng on TV called Ring of Honor. That's where Bryan Danielson (and not Daniel Bryan) was well received and guess what? He was champion, not a mid card champion, a Heavyweight champion. Haf of the wwe wrestlers have talent, but will they use it? no because McMahon and his selfish ego will get in the way and bury that wrestl....oh wait superstar cuz wrestling is a bad word for Vince, who cares about "Sports Entertainment" wrestling is wrestling. I have better things to do than watch that shit anyways.
    Wow. Hostility much?
    Quote Originally Posted by merhardt03
    Wow. Hostility much?
    sorry for telling the truth
    NXT Should have been around when colt cabannna was in the WWE ..... im sure he would have won with out a shout of a doubt,,,,,,,, but NXT flops because these guys are just bodys nothing more ... the best ones wrestling wise was the american dragon and kaval... and justin gabrile ....
    The WWE is trying to force feed us these bums no matter the cost ....
    Quote Originally Posted by AlEx ReYeS
    NXT Should have been around when colt cabannna was in the WWE ..... im sure he would have won with out a shout of a doubt,,,,,,,, but NXT flops because these guys are just bodys nothing more ... the best ones wrestling wise was the american dragon and kaval... and justin gabrile ....
    The WWE is trying to force feed us these bums no matter the cost ....
    the thing that pisses me off about the fact of cabana being in wwe, was his stupid name scotty goldman....wwe never saw past him and hired him cheap for enhancement talent. bryan danielson was a credible wrestler in the indies but looks like he left part of his talent there. i still think he's talented but it's watered down imo. like i said in my blog the nxt competition is just another way for vince to embarrass his talent
    Quote Originally Posted by THEKEVINBRAND
    sorry for telling the truth
    How can you be telling the truth without actually watching the program? All you have to go on are bits of news you get on here, some anti-Vince sentiments, and a keg-load of unsubstantial, opinionated bullshit.

NXT, despite its flaws, is a way of getting new talent air time. Air time they aren't going to get on RAW, or Smackdown, or even on TNA. And what have they done with it? They've made the most exciting angle of the PG era.

And sure. Run your mouth about how the PG era is just Vince profiteering. Lay on us all your views about how restricting wrestlers in the ring so they don't pick up severe injuries whilst working a hectic schedule has ruined the WWE for you. Tell us about how you only watch ROH because they are the only wrestling company willing to try something different.

But please. Don't chat shit about a program you can't even be arsed to watch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.