View RSS Feed

Glamour Girl

Marks in glass houses (A WWE/TNA blog)

Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
So yesterday WWE had yet another dissapointing PPV. Many of us watched it even though we predicted how crappy it would be. That being said I can get to my points:

Title Changes

Let's see John Cena went a whole year last year without being the champion (or so I've read) so naturally WWE had to compensate by making him the champion for the 3rd time in 6 months this year. Of course in the process Super Cena burries legitimate wrestlers making their reigns seem insignificant (ADR and Misterio). Personally I don't see the point in giving ADR the title if they were just gonna have Super Cena take it away again a month later. Feels pretty similar to what they did to Christian even though Christian deserved the belt more and had it a shorter time.

Also in my next dissapointing title match of the night Kelly Kelly beat Beth once again to retain the Diva's title. Poor Beth can't even pull off a win against the horrible Kelly Kelly in her home town so her odds of winning it from Kelly any time soon seem to be nonexistant. After 2 consecutive losses at the hands of Kelly it's clear that the Divas of Doom are all bark and no bite (at least from a storyline angle since they can't pull off a win). I find it dissapointing that some people actually defend Kelly by saying she's gotten better. Am I the only one who thinks that a championship shouldn't be held by someone who's getting better during her reign but by someone who's already good? At this point I can see WWE moving Beth away from the feud with Kelly and having Eve go for the belt next probably winning it (which would be a step up from Kelly's constant botching).

Only title match I was glad to see was Mark vs Orton and mostly because finally after some time Orton wasn't the best and didn't pull off the Super Cena win in the end. Mark Henry may not be the best at promos but anyone can see the man can hold his own and is a good wrestler so it's about time he got his title run. Having his win be over Orton cements him as a main eventer.

Predictibility

Ok so overall the PPV was pretty predictible. Besides the people who seem to always win (John and Kelly) we had Triple H winning. Now I don't know about everyone else but the moment that special stipulation was added to the match I knew HHH was winning it. His run as COO just started and it wans't gonna end that soon. Regardless if people got involved in the match or not in the end he got a clean win over Punk which doesn't help his image at all. While I can see HHH later giving Punk a clean win it might not happen any time soon with his role of COO which leaves Punk looking just like the Divas of Doom (all bark and no bite). The match also featured the surprise return of Nash which everyone had to see coming. I really feel they should've kept the match without that special stipulation and have HHH put over Punk, but either they wanna pronlong this feud (which doesn't need prolonging) or they wanted to show HHH still has it even if he's been gone a while.

I'll admit I didn't predict the John and Kelly wins exactly, but that was the optimist in me thinking maybe WWE would give ADR and Beth an actual chance as opposed to having them lose yet again to the superior (by WWE standards) Jhn and Kelly.

As a side note regarding WWE programming in general does anyone else think Punk's promos have become almost repetitive lately? I mean sure the words are different but the overall message seems to be the same. Seems that ever since his ground breaking promo a while back all WWE wants to do is have him repeat that kind of impact he got, but it's less interesting now because as they say once you've reached the top there's nowhere else to go but down. Can't say anything else is worth mentinoning on this subject so I'll move on.

TNA/Impact Wrestling

TNA is far from perfect I'll say that righ now. They do indeed rehash WWE storylines and feuds, do boring angles and change titles around often. However, I'll also give credit where credit is due and fact is they put on a hell of a show. I have been bored by parts of it and also extremely amused by other parts of it. WWE's no different and it sure has some lame segments that remind me why DVR is so valuable.

Thing is that as a fan of both products who's been labeled as a TNA mark at times merely for pointing out its value I find that the title of my blog is very fitting marks in glass houses because there are some people who while knowing how bad WWE can be at times defend it to the death even justifying what they know is crap all the while attacking TNA for their shortcomings and refuse to acknowledge that maybe in some things TNA is not as bad as they wanna say. Both feds have some bad wrestlers, both feds do boring storylines at times and as proven by Cena and in general the fact that the title has changed hands 7 times this year alone we can see that TNA is not the only place where titles switch hands like a hot potato.

So in closing I'm not saying people should stop watching WWE and watch TNA instead, I'm also not saying everyone who watches WWE should also try watching TNA, all I'm saying is before we start pointing fingers maybe we should look at the faults of the fed we support and realize they're not so different after all.

Submit "Marks in glass houses (A WWE/TNA blog)" to Digg Submit "Marks in glass houses (A WWE/TNA blog)" to del.icio.us Submit "Marks in glass houses (A WWE/TNA blog)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Marks in glass houses (A WWE/TNA blog)" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damn marks.
    I have been watching TNA since 2005 and WWE since I was 5. And yes they both have there flaws.IMO I like both shows. I'm just a major wrestling fan in general. I can't wait for ROH to come on National Televison.
    I like both programs and can say the story lines are pretty stale. I'll admit that I am marking out to CM Punk right now on his promos, because of the promos going, his is the least stale of the stale. I don't know how long I'll mark for Punk though.

Also, As the weeks go by, K2 is getting better. Is it bogus that she has the title? Yes. However, I'm game to let her keep it, as long as she keeps improving. If any face diva should have the belt it should be Eve. The quality of the stuff she does is strong. But Phoenix or Natalya should have the Title.
    Kelly Kelly is over as FUCK, folks. Why would they not let her hold the strap a while? And why is everyone acting like Beth never had it?
    I really really want to like TNA but it keeps getting harder and harder. If they would just get away from the god damn Immortal thing, and please god don't just immediately start plans for a new superdominant heel stable, the future would be oh so much brighter.
    idk if i made it seem like punk has all bark and no bite. 3 pedigrees and a jackknife to beat him, that's pretty bad ass man.
    Totally agree with the whole Kelly Kelly thing. Beth should have definately got the title put on her. If they were scared about how it would have impacted KK's character, the could have had it be a cheap win. Then you can carry on that whole fued based on the cheap win. As much as KK is over, I think she'd be even more over playing an underdog face role, to the cheating heel who would be Beth in this case.

And Punk is getting a bit stale, but he is still better than 99% of the other people on the mic. I disagree that the fued is prolonged though. I think we need to sit back and enjoy it. I think, and I hope that some really good things will come of this.

Over all good blog, I enjoyed it.
    Updated 09-22-2011 at 02:11 PM by The Dusty Finish
    The way some guys defend anything WWE if you were a paranoid person you'd think Vince pays them to troll on wrestling forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.