View RSS Feed

Daniel Wilkinson

What's in store for The Immortal story line

Rate this Entry
I enjoyed the Jeff Hardy heel turn & the forming of this new group called the 'immortals'. Though i would have preferred a name that had a bit more gravitas or street cred. I am intrigued as to what the vision of this story line is for the writers at TNA. Obviously the immortal group will ultimately be defeated but how they are defeated & what becomes of Hogan & Bischoff as a result has got to be worth a watch.

I am pretty sure that the immortal group has grown to it's maximum size already as there doesnt seem to be anyone else on the rosta that they could call upon. So the focus for me will be how they reunite EV2.0/RVD & get them all going in a straight forward good versus evil battle.

I think we are going to see a rerun of the 'alliance' hostile takeover on WWE with Paul Heyman et al. Ironically with the discussions between Heyman & TNA ongoing he could only come in front of the camera on TNA at the moment as a face character, something i could'nt imagine.

So we will have EV.20, RVD, Mr Anderson, Somoa Joe, Angle & The Pope in the medium term representing TNA. Eventually the tag teams will have to be split up accordling so everybody on the rosta is one side or the other. TNA i dont think can copy WCW by keeping wrestlers out of the two groups as they simply do not have enough quality to be able to do that.

I am most interested in how this story line will ultimately end, will Dixie Carter trick either Bischoff/Hogan the way they did her? will Hogan turn face and stab Bischoff in the back? or will Dixie Carter end up with an elimination match for the 'company' after challenging Hogan/Bischoff to an all or nothing match which their 'egos' forced them into accepting?

For me this plot ensures 6 - 12 months of decent TNA viewing but if they wander to the ring in big groups, talk trash & bugger off after five minutes a few too many times then it's WCW/NWO overkill/boredom.

In the short term it will all be good for the immortals as they give RVD & Mr Anderson in particular the run around. It's nice to see RVD suffer a bit as i think TNA showered him with a bit too much gratitude for joining them by giving him their world title so soon after coming.

I am still undecided about how it will all go down in the end & luckily for me you can bet TNA don't know either but at least they are getting somewhere now. TNA is genuinely watchable now; yes they are making mistakes but not as many as before, so thats progress.

Also i might come in for some stick for saying this but i now think Impact is the number 2 show behind RAW, personally i gave up on Smackdown a long time ago. Love them or loath them Hogan & Bischoff are people who create interest, just like Ric Flair, yes he's old hes past it but he's RIC FLAIR!

I just wish i could scream NWO for life at the TV instead of not screaming Immortal for life becuase that sounds rather silly. This is certainly a journey i am looking forward to taking with TNA, not sure i will like the destination but hell i am along for the ride.

Submit "What's in store for The Immortal story line" to Digg Submit "What's in store for The Immortal story line" to del.icio.us Submit "What's in store for The Immortal story line" to StumbleUpon Submit "What's in store for The Immortal story line" to Google

Updated 10-24-2010 at 11:29 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Interesting blog, though there are some parts I don't agree with...

I am pretty sure that the immortal group has grown to it's maximum size already as there doesnt seem to be anyone else on the rosta that they could call upon. So the focus for me will be how they reunite EV2.0/RVD & get them all going in a straight forward good versus evil battle.
    It shouldn't have happened at all. Bishoff, who lied to everyone, stole the title from RVD and stole the company from Dixie, told RVD that he shouldn't trust his team, and HE BELIEVED HIM?!? There should be no reason RVD should even think EV2.0 would betray each other. But watch as Bishoff was telling the truth on that...

I think we are going to see a rerun of the 'alliance' hostile takeover on WWE with Paul Heyman et al. Ironically with the discussions between Heyman & TNA ongoing he could only come in front of the camera on TNA at the moment as a face character, something i could'nt imagine.
    Two things: 1- The Alliance Storyline sucked. One side was made a joke and only stood a chance when some from the winning side joined them. 2- Paul is asking for a lot of power which won't be acceptable in RL for Bishoff or Hogan.

Eventually the tag teams will have to be split up accordling so everybody on the rosta is one side or the other. TNA i dont think can copy WCW by keeping wrestlers out of the two groups as they simply do not have enough quality to be able to do that.
    They do. And they must. To build a show about one Storyline is a big no-no. People will get sick of the story in a much shorter time if there is no other storyline to keep them occupied.

For me this plot ensures 6 - 12 months of decent TNA viewing but if they wander to the ring in big groups, talk trash & bugger off after five minutes a few too many times then it's WCW/NWO overkill/boredom.
    So far the past two weeks were just that. And you know who caused the nWo overkill? Bishoff and Hogan.

I tolerated Hogan and Bishoff when they didn't do much, but now it's back to when they were in power in WCW and I just can't watch it anymore.
    Thanks for commenting on my post, i agree with the majoirty of what you say. When i posted this blog i should have been asleep as it was 4am UK time. When i talk about the possible scnerios for the ending of this story line i am only offering out possibles & not saying that A mine are likely or B i know what i am talking about. I do however wish to clear up that when i talk about NWO overkill i do not want Hogan/Bischoff to ruin the plot like they did with it on WCW. But for now they have not done that be you & i know that they may well do in future.
    I hope Gunnar and Murphy will officially become part of Immortal. They need to drop the security gimmick and wrestle. I'd rather see them in the tag team division than Ink Inc or Team 3-D (Devon is still great, Ray can't wrestle any more though and should retire.)
    If only Paul actually agreed to come to TNA, he wanted full control of the company and wanted to bring in former ROH president and current VP of Dragon Gate USA, Gabe Sapolsky as well as former WWE advisor and writer Dave Lagna. He had a 5 year plan which i found extremely interesting, I quote the following from an interview: "It came real close with TNA. To me, it was more of a deal with Spike TV and then a stock and ownership deal involving TNA. I had a five-year plan. I was going to spend 18 months building the roster, the next 18 months exploiting that built roster, that's three years in, go public in three, stay for two more running it and get out at 50 [years old]. That was my plan. I had an exit plan. I had a five-year plan and I clued everyone into it. I told TNA what my plan was and I told Spike TV what my plan was and how we would capitilaze on it and how we would make this thing move and an acknowledgement that wrestling is a diminishing market and it's not perceived as cool and here's how you, if not change course, at least present it differently so that at least you have a chance in today's marketplace to at least compete.

"When that didn't happen, that was it. I didn't have any other interest in doing it. It was close. I would have done it for that particular deal and that's it. That time passed. Now I'm looking at taking my abilities elsewhere and the logical step for me is this entry point right now both into MMA and into also just the branding world."

Look at the opportunity Dixie missed as well as Spike TV. He called it quits for wrestling and went onto the world of MMA and Strikeforce. So if TNA and Spike accepted the offer, where would TNA stand? That's right, real competition to Vince McMahon and not have those who lack in talent stand in the way. He'd fire all those over 40 (I'm not so sure for Kurt Angle though) and keep everyone else who are in the peak of their career.

This is just what I think though....

KEVIN
    Fire what guys over 40??? EV2? think again...
    Ric Flair? Paul knows damn well how dumb that would be.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.