View RSS Feed

VKM

The Marks of WWE

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
After BFG, many people criticized TNA for their Jeff Hardy, Bischoff and Hogan heel turn angle. However, these same people would rather watch the stale product called WWE.

WWE is just like Bill Gate's Windows. Sure, we do have an alternative (Steve Job's Mac) but we insist on pulling ourselves back into Windows. It doesn't take much to see that WWE is a very stale product. Week after week, the audience is forced to see recycled matches and terrible in-ring performers. WWE does have less botches during in-ring performance but the only reason is because their performers don't do much to even create botches.

However, even you marks get tired of WWE. You all complain about how stale the wrestling is and how tired you all are of seeing Super Cena. But I am here to tell you that there is an alternative and that it is TNA.

For three years, TNA has grown rapidly. They have gone from okay to arguably good. And they're roster is filled with great talent that you WWE marks yearn for. You guys do want action don't you? Well action is TNA's last name. And if you miss some of the WWE's roster, well they have that too.

For those who also want the PG era to end but are too scared to let go of the WWE, I am also here to tell you to just let go. TNA has that attitude era feeling to it where it brings you back to when Stone Cold stunnered people left and right.

If you want wrestler interaction, TNA has that too. Go to a TNA event and see for yourself. After the event, the wrestlers will be more than happy to interact with the fans. You don't need passes or anything of that sort.

But I also know after reading this some of you marks are saying "TNA is still garbage! The end!" Well, then there is another alternative. Turn off the TV and do something constructive. Being constructive is never disappointing. You can draw, write, sing, and do whatever it is you want without being criticized by us TNA marks.

Can't make up your mind? I understand, you would rather have your eyes glued to WWE Monday Night Raw than watch TNA Impact or do something constructive. I have a cure for that as well. It appears that most of the WWE marks that would just rather watch WWE are 14 years old and younger. And I'm starting to understand, it's not that you don't want to watch TNA, it's that you can't because your parents used the parenteral control device on your cable provider to restrict you from watching it.

I'm just proud to be in a generation where I was able to see that attitude era. But don't feel shunned, you can now get to witness that attitude era every Thursday at 9 P.M on Spike TV.

VKM

Submit "The Marks of WWE" to Digg Submit "The Marks of WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "The Marks of WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Marks of WWE" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Look dude, I'm 18 years old and I prefer WWE over TNA any day of the week. But now let me give my reasons for this decision. Yes I never watched the Attitude Era because I didn't even know wrestling even existed back then. The first show I watched was WrestleMania 21...lucky me right? But I immediately noticed something that just doesn't appeal to me...excessive blood and hardcore matches. If you had to ask me what my dream match would be, I will immediately say AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho 1 on 1 under traditional rules. No ladder matches, no Monster's Ball, no tables, no chairs. Just those two guys giving it all they have. You can call me a WWE mark all you want but it would be stupid for you to say that WWE's current product is boring. "But WWE is PG; TNA is TV-14" I watch both shows and it's obvious that ultimately, it's not the show's rating that counts but it is the booking that comes with it. TNA may have a very good roster but I can easily find a lot of guys in WWE who can compete with the TNA guys. I watched Bound For Glory from start to end. I sat through the RVD/Abyss Match. I sat through the Lethal Lockdown. I was enjoying the main event...up until Bischoff came out. When it's your biggest show of the year, you don't end it like that! We never saw Jeff's turn coming true, but we all knew Hogan and Bischoff would appear. Why? Because they're egomaniacs. And that is the real reason I sometimes can't stand TNA. Hogan is always in the spotlight. Are we going to have to wait for him to kick the bucket before AJ gets that spotlight back? Trust me, both companies have some big problems to work through. And I don't know about you guys, but the BFG Fatal-Four Way match was good. TNA can take out WWE's tag team division any day of the week; same goes for the Women's division. But when it comes to a solid mid card and main event, I will go with WWE. I will continue watching both shows despite your ranting, "Oh please!!! Watch TNA!!! We all love blood!"
    It's stupid to watch one show just because another is PG. And don't tell me that's not the problem you have in the end. It's a new era; we just have to get used to it...
    Using the term "mark" as an insult is just stupid, go look up what it means before you critisize someone for being a "WWE mark".
    And yes TNA's roster is better than WWE's, but WWE also has some amazing talent, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, John Morrison and The Miz to name a few. So don't go acting like WWE has nothing whereas TNA has everything because that simply isn't the case. The Nexus Angle may be getting old now, but at the start of the angle there had never been anything like it before so you can't call that stale. Also WWE is all about the youth push, whereas TNA is about the Old push, that's why TNA are putting themselves in a dangerous position, because when the guys such as Ric, EV3.0, Hulk, Mick and others over the age of 40 can't wrestle anymore then they aren't going to have the main event ready guys right behind them ready to take their spot, that is what WWE is doing at the minute.

But the bottom line is why can't fans just get along? It is all pro wrestling! If you don't like someone elses product then don't watch, you don't need to critisize them for what they offer. TNA loyal fans stay loyal to TNA and WWE loyal fans stay loyal to WWE, and then the ones who like both (me) watch which ever you want whenever.
    Where to begin...

You think people criticized the Hardy/Hogan/Bishoff Heel turn (you forgot Jarrett there) because they're WWE fans? That is so much bull. I've been watching TNA before they gotten Angle and after stopping at one point, went back when the Monday Night Wars began. After that heel turn, and finding out that some of their champions don't even get paid well, I decided to finally stop watching them. This is to tell them that if you want more ratings, things have to change.

"recycled matches and terrible in-ring performers".
    You get that in TNA as well. They had Scott Steiner at one point. And despite being the best thing to come out, the MCMG and Beer Money had numerous matches in a short amount of time.

"You guys do want action don't you? Well action is TNA's last name."
    Just look at the 10/14/10 Impact, you get 6 Minutes of wrestling from a two hour show. Honestly, if people want to see action, their best bet is Ring of Honor.

"TNA has that attitude era feeling to it where it brings you back to when Stone Cold stunnered people left and right. "
    Yes, because I want to remember Katie Vick, the Pillman/Austin Gun moment, the Montreal Screwjob, the reinactment of it the year after, Cult Undertaker, the "Chop off your Wee Wee" moment, Bossman making "Pepper" Steak, Bossman dragging Big Show's Father's Coffin, the Dog Kennel Match, the Poop match, May Young giving Birth, Mark Henry finding out about Sammi, and so on and so on.

"But I also know after reading this some of you marks are saying "TNA is still garbage! The end!" Well, then there is another alternative."
    Watch Ring of Honor, which has an hour of wrestling on an hour of wrestling? Check out the independent circuit which WWE stars like CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, TNA Stars like Desmond Wolf came from, and people who were screwed over like Awesome Kong and Christopher Daniels still ride strong? The International Wrestling coming from Europe, Japan and Mexico where it is treated more like a sport and not like a circus?

"Turn off the TV and do something constructive."
    Oh yes, because we're the most active during 8pm-11pm.

"Can't make up your mind? I understand, you would rather have your eyes glued to WWE Monday Night Raw than watch TNA Impact or do something constructive."
    Yes, we rather watch Monday Night Raw over Thursday Night Impact on Thursdays. And we only have two hours of stuff to do per week so we've rather stick with the WWE.

"It appears that most of the WWE marks that would just rather watch WWE are 14 years old and younger."
    That's why we go on this website that has links to links of inappropriate pictures of certain females during certain points in their lives.

And I'm starting to understand, it's not that you don't want to watch TNA, it's that you can't because your parents used the parenteral control device on your cable provider to restrict you from watching it.
    So it's not because of the poor gimmicks, the abuse of the X-Division, the destruction of the Women's Division, the over use of things that have worked in the past, the incontinuity, the fact they made an ECW PPV where they can't even use the ECW name and had a better show that would of been PPV quality free on TV, and the fact Hogan/Bishoff are too much on TV?

I'm just proud to be in a generation where I was able to see that attitude era. But don't feel shunned, you can now get to witness that attitude era every Thursday at 9 P.M on Spike TV.
    The Attitude Era wasn't that great. Every problem the WWE have today is because of the Attitude Era. The devaluing of the titles? The Rock had about 9 reigns and his total time with them is still less then to the two/three times HBK had them. The Destruction of the Tag Team Division? When it started they just threw two pairs together to win the title, then the focus was only on three teams (Dudleys/Hardys/E&C), then back to random teams. Super Cena? You said it yourself, Stonecold Stunning People Left and Right. Kind of like Cena Double Aing people left and Right.

And even TNA isn't as good compared to the Attitude Era. When Stonecold wanted revenge on McMahon in a match, he frikkin got revenge. When RVD wanted revenge on Abyss, he stopped every so often to go "R-V-D" to the crowd. And I'm pretty sure I don't remember Hogan and Bishoff being in the Attitude Era. I remember them being in WCW and that ship sunk.

Most who dislike TNA do not dislike it because they are WWE fans. They dislike it because when we went to them as an alternate to WWE, they gave us WWe-lite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    Where to begin...

You think people criticized the Hardy/Hogan/Bishoff Heel turn (you forgot Jarrett there) because they're WWE fans? That is so much bull. I've been watching TNA before they gotten Angle and after stopping at one point, went back when the Monday Night Wars began. After that heel turn, and finding out that some of their champions don't even get paid well, I decided to finally stop watching them. This is to tell them that if you want more ratings, things have to change.

"recycled matches and terrible in-ring performers".
    You get that in TNA as well. They had Scott Steiner at one point. And despite being the best thing to come out, the MCMG and Beer Money had numerous matches in a short amount of time.

"You guys do want action don't you? Well action is TNA's last name."
    Just look at the 10/14/10 Impact, you get 6 Minutes of wrestling from a two hour show. Honestly, if people want to see action, their best bet is Ring of Honor.

"TNA has that attitude era feeling to it where it brings you back to when Stone Cold stunnered people left and right. "
    Yes, because I want to remember Katie Vick, the Pillman/Austin Gun moment, the Montreal Screwjob, the reinactment of it the year after, Cult Undertaker, the "Chop off your Wee Wee" moment, Bossman making "Pepper" Steak, Bossman dragging Big Show's Father's Coffin, the Dog Kennel Match, the Poop match, May Young giving Birth, Mark Henry finding out about Sammi, and so on and so on.

"But I also know after reading this some of you marks are saying "TNA is still garbage! The end!" Well, then there is another alternative."
    Watch Ring of Honor, which has an hour of wrestling on an hour of wrestling? Check out the independent circuit which WWE stars like CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, TNA Stars like Desmond Wolf came from, and people who were screwed over like Awesome Kong and Christopher Daniels still ride strong? The International Wrestling coming from Europe, Japan and Mexico where it is treated more like a sport and not like a circus?

"Turn off the TV and do something constructive."
    Oh yes, because we're the most active during 8pm-11pm.

"Can't make up your mind? I understand, you would rather have your eyes glued to WWE Monday Night Raw than watch TNA Impact or do something constructive."
    Yes, we rather watch Monday Night Raw over Thursday Night Impact on Thursdays. And we only have two hours of stuff to do per week so we've rather stick with the WWE.

"It appears that most of the WWE marks that would just rather watch WWE are 14 years old and younger."
    That's why we go on this website that has links to links of inappropriate pictures of certain females during certain points in their lives.

And I'm starting to understand, it's not that you don't want to watch TNA, it's that you can't because your parents used the parenteral control device on your cable provider to restrict you from watching it.
    So it's not because of the poor gimmicks, the abuse of the X-Division, the destruction of the Women's Division, the over use of things that have worked in the past, the incontinuity, the fact they made an ECW PPV where they can't even use the ECW name and had a better show that would of been PPV quality free on TV, and the fact Hogan/Bishoff are too much on TV?

The Attitude Era wasn't that great. Every problem the WWE have today is because of the Attitude Era. The devaluing of the titles? The Rock had about 9 reigns and his total time with them is still less then to the two/three times HBK had them. The Destruction of the Tag Team Division? When it started they just threw two pairs together to win the title, then the focus was only on three teams (Dudleys/Hardys/E&C), then back to random teams. Super Cena? You said it yourself, Stonecold Stunning People Left and Right. Kind of like Cena Double Aing people left and Right.

And even TNA isn't as good compared to the Attitude Era. When Stonecold wanted revenge on McMahon in a match, he frikkin got revenge. When RVD wanted revenge on Abyss, he stopped every so often to go "R-V-D" to the crowd. And I'm pretty sure I don't remember Hogan and Bishoff being in the Attitude Era. I remember them being in WCW and that ship sunk.

Most who dislike TNA do not dislike it because they are WWE fans. They dislike it because when we went to them as an alternate to WWE, they gave us WWe-lite.
    You said it all mate...you said it all. This article is also coming from a guy who's nick is...VKM!!! -.-
    LMAO!!! I love creating controversy! It so funny. I knew only WWE marks would even comment. Like I said WWE is boring. Zzzz
    If you guys aren't marks then why are you all worried about this post?lol. It's so funny. You say your not a WWE mark but your feelings are so easily hurt by my blog. lls.
    I am a WWE mark...and I'm not scared to admit it. You simply have no idea what a mark even is. Yea I hate John Cena and Rey Mysterio. These guys still put on a better show that RVD who can't wrestle a match without getting high first and Jeff Hardy who doesn't even know what's going on around him. Face it VKM, there is very little AJ and Daniels could do on their own and unless TNA got the ex-WWE stars in, they would have never made it this far! Look at Bound For Glory; the main event was made up of three ex-WWE stars!! Where's the X-Division huh? What happened to the guys who created TNA and made it great before Hogan and Bischoff came?
    Want to know why I'm commenting here, it's because you are simply one of those guys who thinks they know the business when in fact you don't, and I'm not saying I know it either. Your blog doesn't make sense. Deal with it!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.