View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Rick's Picks for Night of Champions

Rate this Entry

Wassup Splashers? WWE’s Night of Champions is less than 24 hours away. I know my readers here at ewrestlingnews.com won’t be able to read this until Monday or later, but ya never now EWN just might surprise everyone and post my blog early (yeah and Dwayne has REALLY has come back to wrestling). Ok enough cheap shots, let’s get down to business.

WWE Divas Championship: Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix

While I haven’t been a huge fan of the Diva division, several Divas have impressed me throughout the years. One of those names just so happens to be Beth Phoenix. The name “Glamazon” says it all: Beauty and power! Kelly Kelly on the other hand, while is beautiful she has yet to earn my respect as a female wrestler, let alone a champion. Needless to say, I’m rooting for Beth, on this one.
Rick’s Pick: Beth Phoenix (New WWE Divas Champion)

WWE Tag Team Championships: Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne (c's) vs. The Miz and R-Truth
If the WWE really are trying to rebuild a tag-team division, then I think they are heading in the right direction, they just need to pick up the pace a little bit. Right now the WWE has 4 solid tag teams, two are in this match, and the other two are at jobber status (The Uso’s and Otunga/McGillicutty) This feud will only last up to Survivor Series. If the WWE doesn’t form another tag team by then, the division will go stale once again.

As far as to who I think will win this match, that’s my first tough call of the PPV. I can see Miz and Truth winning the titles tomorrow night, but I don’t see a clean win either. However, "Air Boom" are still new champions, this match can easily go either way.
Rick’s Pick: Rick Tosses a Coin

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Ted DiBiase
There’s no big mystery in this match. DiBiase has been on jobber status for several months. It’s truly a shame, because I think that DiBiase is a gifted wrestler. I just think he is missing the charisma that his father had.
Rick’s Pick: Chody Rhodes (Still WWE Intercontinental Champion)

WWE United States Championship - Fatal Four Way:
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. John Morrison

I think that it’s time for Ziggler to drop the title, the question is who deserves the title?
Swagger: With the storyline Swagger has been having with Vickie and Ziggler, the possibility of Swagger winning the title is very possible. However, I would like to see Swagger and Ziggler form a reluctant tag team (They could be called Four G’s...or something like that).

A-Riley: A-Rey has been building a lot of steam as of late, however I don’t think he’s ready for WWE gold just yet.

John Morrison: Earlier this week, I wrote about how Morrison’s career has been sinking as of late. If he can win this match, he can possibly turn his career around and get back on track. If he gets passed over on this one, I’m not sure he will get another shot any time soon.
Rick’s Pick: John Morrison (New US Champion)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Mark Henry
I am really looking forward to this match. As much as I think Mark Henry is ready for the World Title reign, I would not be surprised if it got pushed back to Survivor Series. Keep in mind that after Night of Champions, Christian will want yet another title shot. I would not be surprised if at Survivor Series they make it a triple threat with Henry, Christian, and, Orton. So for now I think Orton is going to hold onto the title. Weather he wins via DQ, or someone gets counted out, I really don’t know and I’m not gonna get picky.
Rick’s Pick: Orton Keeps the Title

WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena

While I have no doubt that John Cena could take the title on any given night, I do not think he will win the title tomorrow night. With Cena and The Rock’s Survivor Series Team Battle coming up, I think they will keep the title off him for a few more months.
Rick’s Pick: Alberto Del Rio (still WWE Champion)

No Disqualification Match: Triple H vs. CM Punk
(If Triple H loses, he must step down as COO of WWE)

The only one thing in this match I am truly expecting is for Kevin Nash to show up. I am 50/50 as to what his intentions will be. Part of me thinks he will be there to help out Triple H, and we will finally see the “heel” Triple H come forward. The other side says Nash will pay-pack Triple H for firing him two weeks ago, and cost him the match, and his job.
Rick’s Pick: Rick tosses the coin again.

Night of Champions is usually a great PPV where several titles change hands. I’m expecting the same thing tomorrow. As it is I have 2 titles pegged to change hands, and at least one more I’m not sure about. Check back in a few days when I give you my thoughts on what thought of the PPV itself. Until then See you when I see you! -Rick Starr

Submit "Rick's Picks for Night of Champions" to Digg Submit "Rick's Picks for Night of Champions" to del.icio.us Submit "Rick's Picks for Night of Champions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rick's Picks for Night of Champions" to Google

Updated 09-18-2011 at 10:36 AM by Rick Starr

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't think morrison will win, he's comming into the match with hardly any momentum. otherwise, fair blog.
    You're probably right, this is more wishful thinking rather than a prediction.
    ignoring the ones you "tossed a coin" with
    you only got the intercontinental championship match right
    Lol nice effort
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMetalftw!
    ignoring the ones you "tossed a coin" with
    you only got the intercontinental championship match right
    You're right, I was dead wrong on all these matches. And to be honest, I'm glad I was wrong (with the exception of Kelly Kelly winning). Why? Because when something becomes predicicable it becomes boring. I don't have a crystall ball in front of me, nor do I have any "inside scoops". I base my picks on who I want to win, and who I think should win. I've been dead wrong before...and I can gaurantee you I'll be dead wrong again.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.