View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Bound 4 Glory Thoughts, Jeff Hardy's Return, & John Morrison's Career Failing?

Rate this Entry

Howdy Splashers! The seasons are changing once again, the birds are getting ready to fly south for the winter, but of course I’ll will still be here as always giving you my 2 & ½ cents on what’s going on in the wrestling world today. So without any further a due, let’s get to it.

On TNA’s Bound for Glory PPV:

I missed the PPV This past Sunday, however I did read the results, and from what I read I was not too shocked. The biggest disappointment to me was in the Mickie James/Winter Kockout’s Title match. I felt that Winter using the “spitting blood” twice in a PPV to win a PPV from the same person was not only boring, it lacked creativity from the TNA creative team. Why didn’t they have Winter hit her with the Knockout’s Title when the ref was tending to Angelina Love (If you missed it Winter accidently accidently spit blood on her first). The other big disappointment was that it was obvious that Kurt Angle was not going to drop the title. TNA is setting him up for the fall for the BFG’s Tournament’s winner, which is Bobby Roode.

If there was anything good that came out of last Sunday’s PPV, it was Bobby Roode’s chance to be a front runner in TNA. Over the past two years he has earned my respect as a wrestler. I have said on WGS Radio, that Roode reminds me in many ways of a young Triple H. True he uses the AA Spine Buster (Which he calls the RR Spine Buster), but He has what it takes to be a huge star in the wrestling business! He’s got mic skills, wrestling skills, and submission skills! I truly think he needs another finisher aside from the Fuigi-Armbar, but that’s me. Lastly I would love to see him defeat Kurt Angle for the title.

On Jeff Hardy’s Return:

It was good to see that Jeff Hardy took responsibility for his actions. Some may think Jeff doesn’t deserve another shot, however I think everyone deserves that “one more shot”. We have seen actors, singers, and comedians delve into the darkness of drugs and alcohol and, then come back to stardom we all once knew. Look at Robert Downey Jr. He was charged and arrested for several drug charges, from the early 90’s to about 2001. Yet he came back and created several block-buster movies, and opened a sobriety house for celebrities. I’m not saying Jeff Hardy has gotten his “monkey” off his back, far from it. I’m just saying the fans that stood behind the man when he was up, should also stand behind him when he’s down too.

On John Morrison:
Is it me? Or has “Spiderman’s” career gone completely south since WrestleMania 28? There was talk around WrestleMania time that he was supposed to kiss or hug Trish Stratus, however that arrangement went sour. For those of you who watched the PPV you could even see Morison wanted little to do with the Super Diva. After that Morrison did suffer a couple of injuries, and his return was not exactly impacting. To make things worse John Morrison has every recent singles match. Is Morrison no longer in favor with the WWE creative team? Or did Morrison simply miss the boat from his injuries?

Well that's it for today. Until next time splashers. See you when I see you! -Rick Starr

Submit "Bound 4 Glory Thoughts, Jeff Hardy's Return, & John Morrison's Career Failing?" to Digg Submit "Bound 4 Glory Thoughts, Jeff Hardy's Return, & John Morrison's Career Failing?" to del.icio.us Submit "Bound 4 Glory Thoughts, Jeff Hardy's Return, & John Morrison's Career Failing?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bound 4 Glory Thoughts, Jeff Hardy's Return, & John Morrison's Career Failing?" to Google

Updated 09-14-2011 at 05:26 PM by Rick Starr

Tags: jeff hardy, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog. But don't forget Roode also does the fisherman's suplex.
    Thanks! I knew he used the Fisherman's Suplex, but he's jumped from move to move, he hasn't been stuck with one solid move. I think the Spine Buster, and Fisherman's Suplex are more signatures rather than finishers. At this point it's hard to tell cause we have only seen him as a tag team wrestler for so many years.
    *SPOILER*
    In No surrender and the three impact tapings that followed he has used the crossface as his finisher
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha_Libre
    *SPOILER*
    In No surrender and the three impact tapings that followed he has used the crossface as his finisher
    Yes I know he did, again it goes back to what I was saying, But he apparently has stuck to the "Crippler Cross Face"
    I think you meant No Surrender PPV not Bound For Glory....But I see what you are saying. The rumored card for Bound for Glory the only match im looking forward to is Roode vs Angle. I hope TNA is smart enough to have Roode win the TNA World Title. I have wanted to see Roode as a main event guy for 5 years now, he is that good, when given the light shine. Sadly Roode was pushed to the back ground for ever damn WWE castaway that TNA hired. Roode and Storm made Beer Money Inc work as a tag team when TNA had nothing left for them. Now its time for TNA to repay those "orginials" back for all of their hard work and for their faith in the company. But I think Angle will win, due to James Storm interference, sitting a feud between those two. I dont see Angle losing the title to anyone but Crimson(A huge mistake, but we can save that for another day).

I totally get what you are saying about Jeff Hardy and I agree everyone deserves a second chance. My problem is Jeff Hardy has already had that second chance. He is working on his 3rd maybe 4th chance. Sometimes fans just have to let go. If he isnt going to help himself, what can really be done? He can say he is sorry everyday for the rest of his life, but if he continues down the path he is on it wont ever matter. TNA shold have fired his ass at Victory Road and shame on them for letting the match with Sting to happen to begin with. That alone says something about the state of TNA. Worse than that, having him come out to apologize to the fans for his actions on the same day as he plead guilty to 3 counts of drug traffican is another moronic thing TNA did. That part of the show should have been edited out. But no in my book Jeff Hardy doesnt deserve his 4th chance. He leave wrestling for a year, go in to rehab then we can talk, until then I wish I would never see Jeff Hardy on my TV anymore.

John Morrison needs a change of enviroment. He should ask for his release or hell WWE should let him go. He is useless!! He gets hardly any fan reaction and when he was heel he never could garner any real heel heat. Morrison might have had a future but the tag team of Miz & Morrison ruined it. Who can really take him seriously anymore? He needs to be in RoH or TNA to rebuild his character and image. Then maybe 2 maybe 3 years from now he can come back to the WWE and be the star everyone was hoping for him. Another thing he needs to do is stop worrying about what the hell Melina is doing. Melina, IMO, is part of his problem as well.

Great blog!!!
    Good blog, i think Morrison is suffering because of all the shit with Melina
    Honestly I just think that they realized that Morrison can't really draw. He looks good, wrestles alright but there's nothing special about him. He doesn't have that x-factor. People who compare him to Shawn Michaels are obviously taking illegal drugs.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.