View RSS Feed

Gansher

Can Paul Heyman save TNA?

Rate this Entry
For the past couple of months, there has been talk of Paul Heyman negotiating some contracts with TNA until things died down eventually. The problem? Heyman wants full control but Dixie wants to retain her power. The question here is whether Heyman can actually save TNA from the brink of annihilation or make some mistakes which I actually forsee him doing.

When it comes to a guy like Paul Heyman, you can't tell what he's going to do. One should always note that TNA currently has an ECW stable consisting of guys like Dreamer and Sabu. With Heyman being the guy who ran ECW when it was still in business, what do you actually see Heyman doing? Will he push them just like Hogan and Bischoff did at Bound for Glory? Or will he realize the importance of having a stable like Fourtune go over? In reality we cannot realize the answers to these questions unless we actually see Heyman in action. Should TNA take a chance with Heyman? YES THEY SHOULD!!

The problem is this...you have guys like Hogan and Bischoff who obviously are not ready to cede their power to Heyman. Then there is the problem of Dixie Carter, who despite being a very weak president, still wants to retain her power. Heyman is asking for full creative control and more should he sign with TNA. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar appears with Heyman.

Now I never experienced ECW in its prime; the closest I ever got was when Big Show was ECW Champion, which I think most would agree was the last great thing about WWECW before Lashley got the title. But in that time, I saw Heyman as that guy who can make just about anybody look strong and a strong leader. Sure ECW went bankruput, but ultimately wasn't that bankruptcy a result of the war between WCW and WWF? Heyman could be that controversial guy to actually rebuild TNA. Hogan and Bischoff have proven that they failed miserably, although I do commend them for creating a strong tag team division.

TNA is already that mix of WCW and ECW. You have the attempts of being as hardcore as possible to counter what WWE doesn't do anymore while you have a constant return of old WCW storylines. Me personally, I don't like hardcore wrestling. I prefer a good 1 on 1 match under traditional rules any day. Heyman can obviously build on the hardcore thanks to his background while perhaps attempt to create a midcard, an essential aspect that TNA lacks, and also stray from all the conspiracy angles and complicated plots. Till this day I still don't know what Nash and Sting are talking about.

Heyman to TNA..could be a good thing! I don't see him as the kind of guy who's ego outmatches his brain(something we saw at Bound for Glory)! Then again I might be wrong!

Submit "Can Paul Heyman save TNA?" to Digg Submit "Can Paul Heyman save TNA?" to del.icio.us Submit "Can Paul Heyman save TNA?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can Paul Heyman save TNA?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heyman is coming I can already see this... The storyline is gonna consist of heyman saving TNA and taking it from Hogan. If you haven't notice.. Everything on TNA right now goes by what fans bitch about. Hogan and Bischoff attempted to give us good TV but people kept bitching about them "killing" the company... Now you have them REALLY killing it as a storyline. Heyman is gonna come in with Dixie or some shit and they're gonna make up something where he can say that Dixie offered him a stock in the company and he has some sort of power. That would divide the locker room half in half and heyman can great his great faces ad while bischoff creates the heels and we all get great tv and tna becomes wrestling heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wars
    Heyman is coming I can already see this... The storyline is gonna consist of heyman saving TNA and taking it from Hogan. If you haven't notice.. Everything on TNA right now goes by what fans bitch about. Hogan and Bischoff attempted to give us good TV but people kept bitching about them "killing" the company... Now you have them REALLY killing it as a storyline. Heyman is gonna come in with Dixie or some shit and they're gonna make up something where he can say that Dixie offered him a stock in the company and he has some sort of power. That would divide the locker room half in half and heyman can great his great faces ad while bischoff creates the heels and we all get great tv and tna becomes wrestling heaven.
    Theres no way that Heyman would work with Hogan/Bischoff even if it was to push a storyline. If Heyman joined TNA, he would make sure that Bischoff and Hogan were gone. Even if Heyman agreed that Hogan and Bischoff stay on, I dont see Hogan/Bischoff playing second fiddle to Heyman who would eventually take over TNA. If Hogan/Bischoff even sniffed that Heyman was close to signing with TNA, they would be out of there before Heyman's contract was signed.
    Heyman I already said he doesn't have a problem working with bischoff. Bischoff doesn't have big final says on anything in TNA. Heyman also said that if he came in he wa fine with Bischoff's production and Hogan could be a great advantage cuz he's known all over the world and could very well be TNAs ambassador. Dixie is the one that fears that he would fire talent she gets along with but from the news they're already starting to release old guys. I'm sure they agreed on something and it's all just within time, no man will ever pass on the offer Dixie gave Paul, and Spike is the home of ufc... It just doesn't get better than that, TV deal, stock, and a ton of money and he's gonna simply say "no cuz I'm a baby and I don't wanna work with hogan and bischoff" PLEA$E!
    Updated 10-15-2010 at 01:29 PM by Wars
    interestin article mate
    but

1. tna doesnt need saving
    2. tna is more like attitude era wwf
    3. its gettin better and better and is currently better than wwe, it just needs time like anything.

you can plant a potato seed and thake the potato out the next day.
    coz there wnt be a potato

u have to wait for success
    u dont need heyman...they just need better writing...and lately its been good ....
    Heyman can't save something that's not going out of business. They're ratings are slightly higher than they've ever been. What's there to save?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.