View RSS Feed

TheStranger222

TNA: Then and Now

Rate this Entry
There was once a time when I paid for the bi-weekly or weekly PPV from TNA... But even then, I was mildly impressed with TNA. However I did find that I enjoyed something there that I didn't see anywhere else. Along the line it became evident that The X-Division was going to be HUGE. Yet they slowly began to almost wipe out that division and those matches. Yet slowly it came back into the light and everything we loved about 2005 TNA leading into 2007 was there once again. Now however, it would seem TNA officials or management feel that the X-Division is only a gimmick that should be used scarecely and only as a "Leading Attraction," rather than the "Main Attraction."

When you think of those days when the X-Division ran, it was different in all the right ways. Now I understand there is risk for everyone involved to get seriously injured. So there is reason enough to limit how much we get. Yet to get to the point that there is RUMOURED to be a PPV based all around on the X-Division, and it doesn't happen... Now that's just sad. How many fans wanted to see that? Probably too many, because everyone was saddly disappointed when all we got was another PPV.

I'd rather not get started on the writing throwing in Hulk Hogan and Bischoff, because I wasn't there when they 'ruined WCW.' Nor was I there when other things they have "done that has hurt the business." So I wont judge on that alone. Just the simple fact that, I'm not a fan of Eric's and I was never really a fan of Hulks. Maybe in the early nWo days, but I've always been a Jake Roberts fan... And trust me, I've gotten shit for that. I've been told I idolised a junkie. Now that may be, but that doesn't take away from things he'd done in the business in the early days. The things that I liked him for. And hell the funny thing is after Jake The Snake, I was a rabid Mick Foley Fan as well as Raven. Why? Cause Mick seemed insane and just plain crazy enough to do a lot of the things he did and allowed to be done to his body. Raven... One move, DDT and I honestly enjoyed his character early on. I felt like I related to his character more then any other wrestling entity at that time. With all that aside and back on track with TNA. I feel that TNA in 2009 until now has become a car crash in slow motion.

Why? Because when you see a car crash, you don't stop and stare. You look once and move on with your life. You might think about it every once in awhile and say to yourself "Thank God (or whatever Higher Power you believe in) it wasn't me."

You might not like what I have to say, you might not agree. Maybe you'll agree or even just enjoy reading what I've written. I can't change your mind, and I wouldn't try too. This is my own personal thoughts. And if you notice that I've only re-written things that have been said before, it's because I feel just like everyone else on this matter. As much as I want to believe TNA IS THE FUTURE! I might just be fooling myself, and if it becomes clear that they are - I'll be just as happy, if not happier.

And if you read, thanks for reading. If you comment, thank you again.

Submit "TNA: Then and Now" to Digg Submit "TNA: Then and Now" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Then and Now" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Then and Now" to Google

Comments

hmm interesting.
    yeah i agree TNA was the shit bak in the day in nashville. I used 2 watch it weneva i could and it was always like a few months old but it was the best, like ROH but with more known stars and exposure etc.
    The X division i predict will gain momentum as lethal is the champ. (succes)

Dont let ure biased opinion of bischoff and hogan get in the way of ure liking for tna.
    i love hogan, i grew up idolizing that man and i will always idolize him. Hes a legend and without being biased, he made wrestling mainstream! (success)
    Eric, hes 1 of THE best heels ever, man dat guy can get heat and he wil get it for hardy. (success)

Ppl like ric flair and mick foley and dreamer, raven and hopefully nash should work more on production and backstage they have brilliant wrestling minds and thier contributions are priceless. (success) fire russo btw and get JR or paul heyman at any cost!

For me, TNA is headin up and back to its glory days, let management do whatever they can to get it exposure and boom!
    we will have a new and improved TNA with elements of old tna mixed in. even with the poor booking, but hey at least its not as bad as wwe's.

wrestlers like pope, anderson, AJ, jay lethal, MCMG, Gen me, beer money etc are the future and they need exposure, theyre huge.

BFG was imortant his year, yes it may not be the best PPV ever, but, and its a very big butt (sorry thinkin bwt mickie james) it got ppl talkin, OMG "they" is hulk and his gang ffs thats crap, or wow "they" will be a dominant force, or WOW hardy turned heel i did not see that coming, oh big deal ETC ETC main thing is it got every1 talkin.
    a great man once said, AND I QUOTE ;)
    "controversy creates cash"

TNA is an excellent alternative 2 the shit we get shoved down our necks every week on monday nights mainly by the WWE, thank god we have a saving grace in the form of TNA.
    Yeah I worded that wrong about Hogan and The Bisch. As much as I am ot fans of theirs. I DO GIVE THEM PROPS. lol

But hey, thanks again for reading and commenting. I enjoyed it.

On BFG, I can't say if it was bad or not. I didn't watch it. I went to a WWE house show instead. It was great to be there, the action was fun. But even at the end of it. I felt like "this is what the TV product needs to be." Heels getting into it with people at ringside and getting the crowd involved. On TV they do it all for the camera and that obviously isn't working out.
    TNA's X-division is way better than WWE's current talents, but their main event status was shit then bullshit now
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger222
    Yeah I worded that wrong about Hogan and The Bisch. As much as I am ot fans of theirs. I DO GIVE THEM PROPS. lol

On BFG, I can't say if it was bad or not. I didn't watch it. I went to a WWE house show instead. It was great to be there, the action was fun. But even at the end of it. I felt like "this is what the TV product needs to be." Heels getting into it with people at ringside and getting the crowd involved. On TV they do it all for the camera and that obviously isn't working out.
    I recently went to a house show also and was blown away. It's so different from the crap they show on TV. Wish tv were like their house shows.
    [QUOTE=TheStranger222;bt803]Yeah I worded that wrong about Hogan and The Bisch. As much as I am ot fans of theirs. I DO GIVE THEM PROPS. lol

On BFG, I can't say if it was bad or not. I didn't watch it. I went to a WWE house show instead. It was great to be there, the action was fun. But even at the end of it. I felt like "this is what the TV product needs to be." Heels getting into it with people at ringside and getting the crowd involved. On TV they do it all for the camera and that obviously isn't working out.[/QUOTE]

hehe yes u did, dw we all make mistakes lol
    no problem, i liked 2 read your blog, its not entirely one sided and you have a very fair opinion.
    yeah your defo ryt about that man. its a real shame, seein it live makes it special and that affect just doesnt happen on tv anymore!
    Exactly. WWE'S TV has become very stale. If the Televised product was just a tenth of what the house shows are. It would be better.

Anyway, thanks again guys. I'll continue to write blogs. Was thinking of writing about Matt Hardy. But that could be done to death already. lol
    [QUOTE=TheStranger222;bt824]Exactly. WWE'S TV has become very stale. If the Televised product was just a tenth of what the house shows are. It would be better.

Anyway, thanks again guys. I'll continue to write blogs. Was thinking of writing about Matt Hardy. But that could be done to death already. lol[/QUOTE]

yes very very stale lol zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    yes definately

hmm yeah plz do mate. hahaha

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.