View RSS Feed

knox

5 Non-Wrestlers I'd like to see in the WWE Hall of Fame

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Ofcourse we all know that the wrestlers aren't the only guys that keep this business going. There are so many people that deserve Hall of Fame consideration. Ofcourse people like Michael Cole, Tony Chimmel, and Josh Roberts will make it but there are many people that I'm afraid won't make that list that I want to point out.

Bear with me guys and enjoy this one.

5. Tony Schiavone
I was so hard on this guy in my blog about the worst announcers ever. I kinda meant everything I said, but he still has worked for every company. On a loyalty standpoint, he might not ever get his rightful spot in the Hall Of Fame. Regardless, I think he was ok at his job. I will give him credit for callin NWA for as long as hedid by himself. He's done good work in the WWE, NWA, TNA & WCW. I think he deserves that spot.

Celebrity Inductee: Snoop Dogg
I'm not a huge fan of the celebrity wing but its something the WWE wl continue to do to make profit off viewers. I like Snoop Dogg's involvement with the WWE though. He's a huge fan of the product and he's made well more than one appearance in a WWE ring. He's been at Wrestlemania like 3 times, he's performed at live events and even was a guest host.

He also is responsible for getting Brodus Clay into the WWE seeing as he was his former bodyguard. I'm sure Snoop gets paid for his appearances but he truly is a fan and discusses the WWE alot in interviews. Everytime I hear him speak he brings up the WWE. Now people like Drew Carey have no business anywhere near a Hall of Fame and contributed nothing to the WWE but one pointless appearance. He accepted the HOF for the money.

4. Vickie Guerrero
She did alot for this business recently. You talk about a lady who lost her husband and still accepted to work for the company. She's filled in a position that the WWE hasn't had in a while and thats a great on screen female heel.

She might be the greatest female heel ever in the business and she's not even a wrestler. I mean Sensational Sherry was probably the greatest heel but she still always had that respect factor from the audience for the simple fact that she was a wrestler. Vickie gets no respect from the fans.

In reality, she's a very sweet person off television and I've heard nothing but great stories about how cool and down to earth she is.

She stepped into a big position with the company in 2006 and has rode it all the way to present time. Her work with Edge was absolutely classic and so is her work with Dolph and Swagger.

I truly respect Guerrero for agreeing to have her character tarnished with all the fat jokes and what not because she truly is a sweet person.

We've rarely seen good female non wrestler heels. Stephanie McMahon sucked as a heel and I'm very confident saying Vickie is the top female heel of all time.

3. Michael P.S. Hayes
Now I know I'm breaking the code because he was a performer, but he's done everything for the WWE and deserves credit. He's been Vince's boy backstage for more than a decade and when things go wrong he seems to always have a job.

He's worked with developing talent, he was a backstage announcer, manager for the Hardy's and currently is Smackdown's head writer. People always blame him for Smackdown's troubles but atleast we actually see wrestling matches on Smackdown.

Hayes is brilliant on the mic and I honestly feel he needs to take the spot of Johnny Ace's on screen television role as of now. Hayes can give a great heel or face character. I would love to see him as the Raw Gm.

This guy has an all-out love for the business. On WWE On-Demand he is a normal cast member of the Legends of Wrestling roundtable talks with Jim Ross and you can just see how energetic he is about this business.

I love this guy and its easy to say he deserves a Hall of Fame spot more than most.

2. Jim Cornette
I made him number one because I'm afraid he might not ever make the Hall of Fame. He might have burned some bridges with Vince but I can only hope thats not true.

Bottom line, he's a great business man and he's doing a hell of a job with ROH.

He was one of the greatest managers and a great heel. He's knows alot about this business and deserves to be formerly rewarded by Vince.

1. Paul E. Heyman
He might be the most in tune guy when it comes to this business. Paul seems to know what we as the fans want. And for all you Cm Punk fans, Paul was the main force that got Punk into the WWE and his first real push which many people tend to forget.

Heyman needs to be in the WWE right now. Seeing as TNA are too obsessed with these past their prime wrestlers. Heyman would've made TNA a great company if Dixie was willing to listen to his ideas. Point blank, we are tired of seeing them run a company based off Sting's drawing power from 20 years ago. He's 52 maineventing every PPV and thats something Paul wanted to erase.

In the WWE, Paul would do great with building talent and even with an on screen role.

Lets not forget what an amazing heel he was and what a great comnmentator he was. Basically, the greatest moments in Wrestling history have alot to do with Heyman. Hopefully one day the WWE will induct him.

Thanks guys for reading my blog. Please comment and leave feedback. Thanks a million and please check out my song on youtube. Just click the link so I can get views.

Submit "5 Non-Wrestlers I'd like to see in the WWE Hall of Fame" to Digg Submit "5 Non-Wrestlers I'd like to see in the WWE Hall of Fame" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Non-Wrestlers I'd like to see in the WWE Hall of Fame" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Non-Wrestlers I'd like to see in the WWE Hall of Fame" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Tenay would be an excellent addition to this. There is a reason why he is known as the professor. The man is brilliant announcer, knows his history and knows how to call almost every move know to man in the wrestling business.
    I'm still surprised that Cindy Lauper isn't in the celebrity wing of the HOF For her involvement in the the Rock & Wrestling connection.
    First person that came to my mind was "Mean" Gene Okerlund! When it comes to back stage interviewers, nobody did it better,
    @Sony he was inducted into the hall of fame in 2006 by Hulk Hogan
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine
    Mike Tenay would be an excellent addition to this. There is a reason why he is known as the professor. The man is brilliant announcer, knows his history and knows how to call almost every move know to man in the wrestling business.
    you know what man, I had him on the list. I took him off because he never was in the WWE so it was kind of pointless eventhough people like Sting and DDP will be inducted one day.

Personally Tenay is and was my favorite play be play guy. He does his job with such ease and yet he's so organic and knows every move.

I've never been a Jim Ross guy, I think people including the fans kiss his ass too much as if he's the greatest announcer ever. I always prefered Tenay. Hopefully Tenay gets in one day
    Chuck Norris for Celeb HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    you know what man, I had him on the list. I took him off because he never was in the WWE so it was kind of pointless eventhough people like Sting and DDP will be inducted one day.

Personally Tenay is and was my favorite play be play guy. He does his job with such ease and yet he's so organic and knows every move.

I've never been a Jim Ross guy, I think people including the fans kiss his ass too much as if he's the greatest announcer ever. I always prefered Tenay. Hopefully Tenay gets in one day
    I Agree, Mike Teenay has no business on this list, he never really did anything... Tony is the voice of some of the early WWEs great moments and WCWs Greatest moments had Tonys voice stamped to it also.... He has been a annoucer in wrestling for years and he had some big jobs behind the scenes in WCW.... I donttink Tony is has bad as everyone makes him... its just he was told to say some dumb things on the air and you know it kinda stands out and overlaps everything else he did. But yeah i like to see tony in the HOF over fucking Drew Carey any day.....

I gree with all your list, Michael hayes is a performer and he probably be in with the freebirds but the rest of your list of non preformers is pretty good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.