View RSS Feed

Kayfabe

TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
I will be upfront with you; I do not watch TNA on a regular basis. However, for some strange reason, I decided to watch Bound for Glory on 10-10-10. What you will read from here on out are my thoughts and opinions; do not take my words as Gospel.

Well, I went to order the PPV. Luckily, I did not order it right away because the live stream was a no go for BFG. Thank you for sharing this just minutes before the PPV, TNA; I would not have known this had it not been for a post at WF. That did not start the night off on a good note.

Sadly, I had to do it. I found a free live stream.

Shall we get to the first match? Good!

I will admit that Generation Me is a solid tandem whenever they wrestle, but I find a lot of their work—high spot after high spot—a little annoying. Also, the faces they were making after the 159th nearfall were just hideously gay looking. Yes, GenMe can “go” in the ring, but that is about all they have, in my opinion. MCM, on the other hand, do bring personality, style, and substance. It was a good match, but there were far too many nearfalls for the opening match. I know some people love this type of wrestling, but I want a finisher to mean something again. You know, not every move has to be an OMG DRIVER! I think my biggest issue was the no-selling and nearfalls.

Now I’m going to pretty much be a dick; I am totally going to skip the Knockouts match. I don’t care for ‘em. I want to watch wrestling, and very few women on the TNA roster can actually do that. I do understand this isn’t SHIMMER, but if Tara can “go”, why not let her wrestle? Hamada is the best thing going for women’s wrestling in TNA. Once again, this is my opinion.

Young/Jordan segment was funny, I will admit that. However, I do not get the point of the match at all, unless this Young/Jordan angle continues. I thought the Knockout match was the only time I would get up to piss, well, this bout was a “piss and coffee break” type of match.

Williams is an awesome wrestler, and Lethal really brings a lot of “flare” to TNA; however, the whole Jersey Shore angle/attack on Lethal shows that TNA is and will become WCW 2.0 (Death)! Why did creative have to taint a good match with Robbie E and Cookie?

Abyss/RVD seemed sporadic and ill-prepared, in my opinion. RVD will always be a topnotch wrestler in my book, but this match did not have that RVD excitement I am used to. Honestly, I loved Abyss back in the early days. Now? I don’t think he can carry Doink the Clown’s balls in a paper sack.

I hate to be a mark, and I try not to be because I find them/you highly annoying, but Team 3D just re-signed with TNA… so why are they retiring? Oh, they want to make fans care about their match with MCM. Well, I guess. Maybe this is where they put MCM over big time? Maybe.

I guess Sting/Nash/Pope beating up on Joe was a precursor to Joe’s morning after revelation: “THEY ARE HERE!” I hope this means Joe will start kicking ass again. However, Joe will need to put the cheeseburgers down to do that. Anyway, hopefully, Nash hit his last Jackknife. RETIRE!

ECW, I mean EV2.0, bored the hell out of me, and apparently the crowd felt the same way. It was dead until a member of Fourtune came in. Fourtune should have won this match, putting the young team over. Also, Fourtune is such a great name; Flair is a great anchor for a young team. Anyway, why is TNA putting over these old “HaRdKoRe” men? It’s mind blowing. Nobody cares about ECW anymore; it’s done.

Well, my rambling winds down, I suppose. I watched this PPV for the main event. I wanted to see if TNA would bring in an nWo. Notice I said “an nWo” and not “the nWo.” What a horrible ending to a PPV. Sure, it was “epik d00d” because the biggest babyface turned heel. Okay, why did Hardy need Hogan and Bischoff to do so? Why did he need a retarded Abyss preaching “They?” What does JJ have to do with this? I think it would have been great had Hardy made this heel turn on his own accord. “They” simply will ruin this title run, I’m sure.

So, I assume it will be Angle/Hardy at Turning Point. Are they, not “They”, going to have another Hardy/Angle/Anderson main event? I’m all for Angle and Hardy going all out, but I don’t want to see the same freakin’ match from a lackluster BFG.

Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to Digg Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to Google

Updated 10-11-2010 at 12:12 PM by Kayfabe

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bfg had a build up and a storyline people were talking about. what other ppv has had u in hopes to see what was gonna happen in the last few years seriously none i cannot think of none. it was the best ppv so far was it the best writen and executed probably not
    [QUOTE=wallyman;bt798]bfg had a build up and a storyline people were talking about. what other ppv has had u in hopes to see what was gonna happen in the last few years seriously none i cannot think of none. it was the best ppv so far was it the best writen and executed probably not[/QUOTE]

an excellent summary mate!!!!!
    Hardy turning heel might be good (still remains to be seen). But Hogan in the spotlight AGAIN? Yeah Hardy isn't the best on the mic, but isn't TNA supposed to be different from WWE in that they are wrestling and not entertainment? Judging from the reaction they got and the spoilers where the fans were chanting "Please retire!" I don't think that many people like "They". I for one am not hooked with this story anymore. TNA should fire their writers and just stick to good ol' fashion wrestling tat's what they are best at.

And a word to the teacher that commented, if your a teacher you should act like one AT ALL TIMES. Swearing isn't cool and yes, your grammar is important. If you were a cashier or a janitor, you could let it slip(bad grammar). Remember you are supposed to be a role model, someone students look up to.
    I agree with the guys above me, you really shouldn't review a product that u have no interest in and that u dont even watch! I dont watch WWE, so ya know what, i dont go on websites and write reviews of their shows, it would just be hypocritical.
    Those of us that have followed the storylines throughout the last several months in TNA would've enjoyed BFG, especially the way everything tied in together, just brilliant.
    VERY VERY GOOD PPV, AND THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS OF IMPACT SHOULD BE MUST SEE TV!
    [QUOTE=el gabo;bt810]Hardy turning heel might be good (still remains to be seen). But Hogan in the spotlight AGAIN? Yeah Hardy isn't the best on the mic, but isn't TNA supposed to be different from WWE in that they are wrestling and not entertainment? Judging from the reaction they got and the spoilers where the fans were chanting "Please retire!" I don't think that many people like "They". I for one am not hooked with this story anymore. TNA should fire their writers and just stick to good ol' fashion wrestling tat's what they are best at.

And a word to the teacher that commented, if your a teacher you should act like one AT ALL TIMES. Swearing isn't cool and yes, your grammar is important. If you were a cashier or a janitor, you could let it slip(bad grammar). Remember you are supposed to be a role model, someone students look up to.[/QUOTE]

el gabo man, dnt tel me what to do please. i dont wanna be a teacher at all times. in the uk were free do do what we want. school and out of school are different lives. in school im warm, caring and never swear and im great with kids, but online they wdnt knw who i am, no1s gonna look up to mi online. no1 my "student" lol.
    im also a mixed martial artist doing muy thai wrestling and BJJ i dnt wanna be a martial artist all the tym lol.
    wat can i say?? i fuckin swear alot, not to be cool but thats the way i am (unless am around lil children and i mean under 10)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.