View RSS Feed

Kayfabe

TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
I will be upfront with you; I do not watch TNA on a regular basis. However, for some strange reason, I decided to watch Bound for Glory on 10-10-10. What you will read from here on out are my thoughts and opinions; do not take my words as Gospel.

Well, I went to order the PPV. Luckily, I did not order it right away because the live stream was a no go for BFG. Thank you for sharing this just minutes before the PPV, TNA; I would not have known this had it not been for a post at WF. That did not start the night off on a good note.

Sadly, I had to do it. I found a free live stream.

Shall we get to the first match? Good!

I will admit that Generation Me is a solid tandem whenever they wrestle, but I find a lot of their work—high spot after high spot—a little annoying. Also, the faces they were making after the 159th nearfall were just hideously gay looking. Yes, GenMe can “go” in the ring, but that is about all they have, in my opinion. MCM, on the other hand, do bring personality, style, and substance. It was a good match, but there were far too many nearfalls for the opening match. I know some people love this type of wrestling, but I want a finisher to mean something again. You know, not every move has to be an OMG DRIVER! I think my biggest issue was the no-selling and nearfalls.

Now I’m going to pretty much be a dick; I am totally going to skip the Knockouts match. I don’t care for ‘em. I want to watch wrestling, and very few women on the TNA roster can actually do that. I do understand this isn’t SHIMMER, but if Tara can “go”, why not let her wrestle? Hamada is the best thing going for women’s wrestling in TNA. Once again, this is my opinion.

Young/Jordan segment was funny, I will admit that. However, I do not get the point of the match at all, unless this Young/Jordan angle continues. I thought the Knockout match was the only time I would get up to piss, well, this bout was a “piss and coffee break” type of match.

Williams is an awesome wrestler, and Lethal really brings a lot of “flare” to TNA; however, the whole Jersey Shore angle/attack on Lethal shows that TNA is and will become WCW 2.0 (Death)! Why did creative have to taint a good match with Robbie E and Cookie?

Abyss/RVD seemed sporadic and ill-prepared, in my opinion. RVD will always be a topnotch wrestler in my book, but this match did not have that RVD excitement I am used to. Honestly, I loved Abyss back in the early days. Now? I don’t think he can carry Doink the Clown’s balls in a paper sack.

I hate to be a mark, and I try not to be because I find them/you highly annoying, but Team 3D just re-signed with TNA… so why are they retiring? Oh, they want to make fans care about their match with MCM. Well, I guess. Maybe this is where they put MCM over big time? Maybe.

I guess Sting/Nash/Pope beating up on Joe was a precursor to Joe’s morning after revelation: “THEY ARE HERE!” I hope this means Joe will start kicking ass again. However, Joe will need to put the cheeseburgers down to do that. Anyway, hopefully, Nash hit his last Jackknife. RETIRE!

ECW, I mean EV2.0, bored the hell out of me, and apparently the crowd felt the same way. It was dead until a member of Fourtune came in. Fourtune should have won this match, putting the young team over. Also, Fourtune is such a great name; Flair is a great anchor for a young team. Anyway, why is TNA putting over these old “HaRdKoRe” men? It’s mind blowing. Nobody cares about ECW anymore; it’s done.

Well, my rambling winds down, I suppose. I watched this PPV for the main event. I wanted to see if TNA would bring in an nWo. Notice I said “an nWo” and not “the nWo.” What a horrible ending to a PPV. Sure, it was “epik d00d” because the biggest babyface turned heel. Okay, why did Hardy need Hogan and Bischoff to do so? Why did he need a retarded Abyss preaching “They?” What does JJ have to do with this? I think it would have been great had Hardy made this heel turn on his own accord. “They” simply will ruin this title run, I’m sure.

So, I assume it will be Angle/Hardy at Turning Point. Are they, not “They”, going to have another Hardy/Angle/Anderson main event? I’m all for Angle and Hardy going all out, but I don’t want to see the same freakin’ match from a lackluster BFG.

Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to Digg Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA Bound for Glory 2010 Review" to Google

Updated 10-11-2010 at 12:12 PM by Kayfabe

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the fact that ur asking questions as to many unsolves mysteries tells u this was a good ppv....and i can see many potential matches and feus also jarret is they cuz he wants his companay back...just saying u ask questions that means the ppv did his job and thats 2 creat a buzz and they did...good ppv overall good story telling
    also if u dont watch tna plz dont review their product...u dont know the story or how the feud was build so ur just hatin on the product....just stik to wat u watch...
    i agree with wallyman, u dnt watch tna on a regular basis?? u have NO right NO right whatsoever in reviewing its ppv, jus stfu and stik 2 ya usual programming! idiot
    So much hate on a guy sharing his opinion. Go live in China if you don't like people thinking against what you believe.
    First, please learn how to type, spell, and use grammar. This really shows your ignorance or age. Secondly, this was my opinion; I have the right to write about what I watched as a wrestling fan. I've been watching for the past fifteen or so years, I have the right. Also, I'll be watching TNA from here on out to see where everything goes. Finally, if that is your belief—that if I don't watch something regularly, I can't review it—then how in the world does one read a book or watch a movie and review it? Seriously, learn to use logic.
    [QUOTE=Hesterica;bt775]So much hate on a guy sharing his opinion. Go live in China if you don't like people thinking against what you believe.[/QUOTE]

opinion, he shudnt have an opinion on something he doesnt know anyting about, it aint hate, its common fukin sense!
    [QUOTE=Kayfabe;bt779]First, please learn how to type, spell, and use grammar. This really shows your ignorance or age. Secondly, this was my opinion; I have the right to write about what I watched as a wrestling fan. I've been watching for the past fifteen or so years, I have the right. Also, I'll be watching TNA from here on out to see where everything goes. Finally, if that is your belief—that if I don't watch something regularly, I can't review it—then how in the world does one read a book or watch a movie and review it? Seriously, learn to use logic.[/QUOTE]

first of all kayfabe, learn how 2 spell? and use grammar??? i am studyin to be a teacher and i know how to use it and i also know when it is best to implement that knowledge of mine.
    We are however on a pro wrestling site and not in a grammar or spell check competition, unlike you i do not have hours and hours in my life to write or read blogs or to review certian shows/topics etc so i write as quick as i can and then go onto resume my life!
    so please do not insult my intelligence and refer to the "grammar cop" gimmick and get on with it mate! cheers

yes u have been watchin wrestling for the past 15 years well done so have i, but to review something that Previously you have not even watched 15 minutes of consistently every day, is absurd.
    you have not been watchin the promos, the hype and build up, the matches and u havent seen the storylines mature and played out brilliantly by the likes of abyss and hogan and (both) jeff's.

Another example of you total ignorance and lack of respect is Skipping the women and thinkin they dont even deserve your review, my friend i am not entertained by women wrestling but i enjoy the women anyway ;) u get me. but i still watch and pay attention because they are athlets trying thier best and they deserve our respect!

Then comes the OJ and EY segement i thought that was stupid and a waste of talent but had a few humerous moments, u say it was pointless unless the angle continues, It has been going on for weeks and weeks on tna xplosion and I am sure it will carry on!
    Again your lack of knowledge and lack of TNA knowledge is apparant.

Next, you believe that the amazing jay lethal being beat down by the stupid team of the shore will be the death of TNA, well then my friend that leads me 2 believe that your are more of an idiot to what i thought before. A company cannot end because of 2 minuts of idiotic stupidity. although it will lead to a storyline and that robbie guy who i cannot stand btw (good portrayal of an annoying arrogant character) looks like a decent wrestler.

Moving on, RVD VS abys, i thoroughly enjoyed the match, it was quick paced, violent yet physically challenging and both men deserve a pat on the back!
    Abyss was amazin but then he turned into hulks clone, i hated that abyss but the new psychotic abyss rules, lets pierce doink the clown with barbed wire and see what happens or rather why dont you try.

Team 3d, this i agree wit you finally lol. they retired yet siginin a new contract befuddling yet we cannot prejudge and must wait and see what unfolds, i hope they will "put over" mcmg and i have a feeling they will!

yes i agree this may be the last we see of a cute mr nice guy samoa joe and we will be seeing more of the the joe we are accustomed to, the mean, take no bullshit joes gonna kill you samoa joe.
    please dont blast joe for his weight, if it affected his match in anyway then u may comment on it but atm hes doin fine, he carried that match all by himself!
    and nash is retiring, and i hope he will be an agent or help creative he can add alot to tna.. nash is priceless in backroom production as he has a brilliant wrestling mind.

the lethal lockdown match was good, not amazing but solid!
    lots of blood and high risk moves. alas here we clash becuase yes ECW is dead and yes im sick of them too but many people wanted them 2 return as TNA asked the impact zone in a questionnaire of what people wanted and most replied they wanted ecw!
    but they needed 2 put fortune over.

now my rambling will also calm down, many ppl thought hulk was going to be they because of reports on wrestling news sites. tna did the clever thing and ddnt suprise us there but suprised us by turnin jeff hardy heel, it was done brilliantly and with amazing shock, i was utterly shocked.
    he needs bischoff and hogan because as u may notice, promos arent hardys strong point, yes they may be better than ppl like jack swagger and justin gabriel, etc but still he isnt a rock or a hogan. bischoff and hogan will gain him the heat and abyss and jarret will help him cheat in matches. it will frustrate fans and i see ana amazing future. i love "THEY" its great. plus it was in the same arena hogan turned heel and created nWo.
    the match was good too, offense from all 3 at a consistent pace!

BFG was not the best ppv that TNA could have put on but it was entertaining, very decent and certainly got the whole wrestling world talking.
    any publicity is good publicity my friend!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.