View RSS Feed

Reichwulf

WWE Divas Division A Joke and How it Can Be Fixed

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Alright, this is my very first blog here, so i am going to try to make it a good one. The overview for this blog is explaining why i feel the "divas" division has not only fell in the recent years but overall, has become a joke and a bathroom break for most and how it could be fixed.

I originally started watching wrestling back in the late 90s on and off, and actually loved watching great match ups from not only the women but different gender matches as well.

For example: Chyna vs Triple H for the #1 contenders spot for the actual wwf (at that time) title.

In today's wwe the divas barely go toe to toe with each other. I saw, maybe a couple months ago where there was the "whole" diva division in a massive tag team match that lasted all of 2 minutes at tops. It has fell apart tremendously since key players left/retired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I think it can be Improved.

1. More Personality

Recently the divas of doom spin off was a great step in the right direction, but a whole lot more can be done.

- Create tag teams featured with a woman as a manger/key player

- Have the divas cut actual promos.

- Give Divas actual characters, gimmicks (remember super molly? )

2. Make Them Seem Stronger

Recently Beth has started a change with this, but a whole lot more can be done as a whole.

- Have longer matches

- Have mixed gender matches in which a woman wins (mid card level)

- Create more interest where their character play's a dominant role in the division [( karma/chyna figure) Beth would be the pick atm]

3. Better in ring skill training.

This is what the division as a whole lacks. Given 7 or so years ago maybe even less, it was plentiful but just last night, i have seen one of the sloppiest running bulldogs ever from the Divas Champion Kelly Kelly on Vickie.

- Give the divas more training in this area as a whole.

- Create actual tag teams for divas and maybe even a stable or two where again diva's are featured and learn from the main event men in the process or mid carders

- Have coaches or managers help them out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were just a few areas I have seen that needs major improvement and how i would fix them. It's been something that has been bothering me as a whole, from the division and makes it seem almost as a joke.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my first blog and look forward to seeing comments from everyone in regarding this.

Submit "WWE Divas Division A Joke and How it Can Be Fixed" to Digg Submit "WWE Divas Division A Joke and How it Can Be Fixed" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Divas Division A Joke and How it Can Be Fixed" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Divas Division A Joke and How it Can Be Fixed" to Google

Updated 09-14-2011 at 10:38 AM by Frank

Tags: wwe divas
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I watched that match between Kelly Kelly and Vickie and can can say with 100% assurance that Vickie caused that botch by not knowing how to take a fall. That, for once, wasn't K2's fault. Still it was a bad match.

I also can't be sold on the division as a joke as much as it just needs some help. I think the Diva's of Doom would be a great tag team name. :E
    it's WWE that wont train the girls or hire decent wrestlers. But they actually are learning and finally have hired some decent girls. We have a lot of talent down in FCW; Naomi, Britani Knight and Tenille Taylor
    When a fed can't find competition for their champion and end up booking him/her against a non wrestler just for laughs you can pretty much tell how serious that division is. Oh let's not forget the champ using a stink face and ending the match by taking advantage of her distracted valet opponent for a quick rollup. Enough said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine
    I watched that match between Kelly Kelly and Vickie and can can say with 100% assurance that Vickie caused that botch by not knowing how to take a fall. That, for once, wasn't K2's fault. Still it was a bad match.

I also can't be sold on the division as a joke as much as it just needs some help. I think the Diva's of Doom would be a great tag team name. :E
    I actually took a few looks at it myself, and i will take that back it was vickies fault it fell apart, but prior to that kelly kelly has had some pretty bad matches, and i feel the main reason she is there is for the sole fact that she is just a pretty face.

As for it being a joke, i made i am calling it that because that's how i feel it has become, i used to actually like watching diva matches because they were something against the normal, and had some decent ones, now they are basically a break from matches, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzureSkye
    it's WWE that wont train the girls or hire decent wrestlers. But they actually are learning and finally have hired some decent girls. We have a lot of talent down in FCW; Naomi, Britani Knight and Tenille Taylor
    Which is what i don't understand, they have the ability to make it sucessful again, it's just that they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    When a fed can't find competition for their champion and end up booking him/her against a non wrestler just for laughs you can pretty much tell how serious that division is. Oh let's not forget the champ using a stink face and ending the match by taking advantage of her distracted valet opponent for a quick rollup. Enough said!
    Yea..
    Nice blog man. Personally though I just don't see myself ever liking women's wrestling in the WWE. It has just struck out too many times for me and I truly believe the WWE will never take the steps necessary to make it fun to watch. What I think gave it some credibility in the Attitude Era as well as before was that it had women who you could see going toe to toe with men as you said. Chyna, Lita, Trish, Victoria, even Molly seemed like they could at least hold there own against the guys. Who, other than Beth Phoenix, can we say that for today? They come with the "just a pretty face" stereotype and honestly don't do anything to prove it wrong. I'm not saying I want "jacked" women in there, just skilled ones at least, and if someone like K2 who's been there for years still can't wrestle a believable match then what's there to look forward to?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsandman13
    Nice blog man. Personally though I just don't see myself ever liking women's wrestling in the WWE. It has just struck out too many times for me and I truly believe the WWE will never take the steps necessary to make it fun to watch. What I think gave it some credibility in the Attitude Era as well as before was that it had women who you could see going toe to toe with men as you said. Chyna, Lita, Trish, Victoria, even Molly seemed like they could at least hold there own against the guys. Who, other than Beth Phoenix, can we say that for today? They come with the "just a pretty face" stereotype and honestly don't do anything to prove it wrong. I'm not saying I want "jacked" women in there, just skilled ones at least, and if someone like K2 who's been there for years still can't wrestle a believable match then what's there to look forward to?
    I completely agree, hopefully things will turn a tiny bit, at-least if they give beth the belt at night of champions. I guess we will have to wait and see.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.