View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

5 Most Boring World Heavyweight Titles Reigns in Wrestling History (WWE/WCW/ECW)

Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average.
Sorry deleting all my blogs... comments of some people just lead in to arguing and personal insults.... so i will just take them down... ill take my chances in the forum, people on blogs are just too much of a problem..... Thanks for reading and Thanks for the good comments and pointing out some things i forgot or missed or helping me remembering some boring title reigns that deserve mention.

Submit "5 Most Boring World Heavyweight Titles Reigns in Wrestling History (WWE/WCW/ECW)" to Digg Submit "5 Most Boring World Heavyweight Titles Reigns in Wrestling History (WWE/WCW/ECW)" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Most Boring World Heavyweight Titles Reigns in Wrestling History (WWE/WCW/ECW)" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Most Boring World Heavyweight Titles Reigns in Wrestling History (WWE/WCW/ECW)" to Google

Updated 09-14-2011 at 10:52 PM by THE_CRIPPLER

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. StonecoldRabbit's Avatar
    The reason for the warriors boring reign was two fold.

    1) Its constantly told how the guy was a douche. Hogans skills are and were limited but Warriors was even worse (and i was a actually a Warrior fan back in the day, hes music was one of the best ever), and no one really wanted to work with him. Its also told by various sources how he was making unbelievable demands.

    2) And, this is the main reason for me, there was a political shift within the USA. Gulf war part 1 was gaining momentum. It started in 1990 (the summer of) and the WWE jumped on that by turning Slaughter heel for Iraq. This was a clever move but the only thing was they needed a full on fledged American hero to battle this "evil" man. Lets face it they had two choices, Hacksaw Jim Duggen (LOL) or of course Hulk Hogan. Hogan got the nod and the rest as we know is history.
  2. THE_CRIPPLER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StonecoldRabbit
    The reason for the warriors boring reign was two fold.

    1) Its constantly told how the guy was a douche. Hogans skills are and were limited but Warriors was even worse (and i was a actually a Warrior fan back in the day, hes music was one of the best ever), and no one really wanted to work with him. Its also told by various sources how he was making unbelievable demands.

    2) And, this is the main reason for me, there was a political shift within the USA. Gulf war part 1 was gaining momentum. It started in 1990 (the summer of) and the WWE jumped on that by turning Slaughter heel for Iraq. This was a clever move but the only thing was they needed a full on fledged American hero to battle this "evil" man. Lets face it they had two choices, Hacksaw Jim Duggen (LOL) or of course Hulk Hogan. Hogan got the nod and the rest as we know is history.
    Honestly the reason I think it didnt work was Timing, his feuds and oppoents just didnt click and Honestly I Think Warriors appeal was being the renegade, the Wild Card and when you make him champion he was the poster boy, which took the aura away from the Warrior.... No more was those 20 seconds squashs, this was the main event. Hs Feud with Rude was done before and really didnt need to be done again 1 year later, Rude wasnt motivated, Warrior wasnt motivated and it was booked so badly, I remember like a Better body compition or something, That just dont Fly in the main event.

    But one of the main reasons is Hogan Sabatged it, He still had main event feuds and the Warrior even though he was Champion was booked secondary to Hogan.. not to mention Warrior wasnt ready for the burrden of being the champion.... Look how he bounced right back after he dropped the title to Slaughter in that awesome feud with the Macho Man.
  3. StonecoldRabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    .... Look how he bounced right back after he dropped the title to Slaughter in that awesome feud with the Macho Man.
    That Awesome feud was solely down to savage.... It showed again why he was one of the best in the business as he could get the best out the warrior.

    When you mention Hogan still being main event thats was because the WWF knew they had dropped the ball....... Lets be honest the Warrior didnt have a lot, his skills were way below par, his mic "skills" were crap and his personality was non existent. The only thing that appealed was his look, as he had that super hero type thing going on, plus like i said his music just kinda did something.

    One of the only people Hogan ever truly stopped being the "man" was Savage, When Savage won that title at WM5 he could have become one of the all time great world champs (thats not to say he isnt) but let be honest many remember him more for the IC or simply the feuds he had with the Likes of Dusty, Warrior, Flair etc
  4. THE_CRIPPLER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StonecoldRabbit
    That Awesome feud was solely down to savage.... It showed again why he was one of the best in the business as he could get the best out the warrior.

    When you mention Hogan still being main event thats was because the WWF knew they had dropped the ball....... Lets be honest the Warrior didnt have a lot, his skills were way below par, his mic "skills" were crap and his personality was non existent. The only thing that appealed was his look, as he had that super hero type thing going on, plus like i said his music just kinda did something.

    One of the only people Hogan ever truly stopped being the "man" was Savage, When Savage won that title at WM5 he could have become one of the all time great world champs (thats not to say he isnt) but let be honest many remember him more for the IC or simply the feuds he had with the Likes of Dusty, Warrior, Flair etc
    Hogan let Savage hold the title cause he had plans to win it back in a mega feud at Wrestlemania 5.... He knew Savage had talent and he wanted to use it, thats why he put himself as a tag team with him, he knew Savage was getting too big and he got affraid so he attached him self to Savage and made Savage look like hogans little buddy... Then he made Savage look like a complete Jerk while he looked like Great innocint Boy scout... Hogan had plans ever snce Savage stole the show at Wrestlemania 3.
  5. Manabu's Avatar
    very interesting read, definantly agree with warrior and jbl. Funny how everyone on the list bar credible had a brawler style
  6. RST's Avatar
    There are few bigger Chris Jericho fans than myself, but I believe his first reign as Undisputed Champion deserves honorable mention.
  7. Renevious's Avatar
    Hey Crippler, I really enjoyed the blog. I especially like the time period that most of these came from. There was nothing like the first half of the 90's, despite boring title reigns. But I will say that personally, I actually did enjoy Yokozuna's title reign. I mean, I wanted so bad for someone to beat him already, but that was the best part about it. To me, it made it more exciting than boring. This was a guy that if he realistically won a world title, he would have it as long as he wanted. But it also did what it had to in order to build Bret Hart into the face of the company. Hogan was too much of a dickhead to actually pass the torch to the rightful heir, so they had to have a monster unstoppable heel hold on to it and retain it against everyone else before Bret could come in and do the impossible. I mean, he retained against Luger twice, he retained against Savage, and he retained (like you mentioned) against the Undertaker. And that was back at a time when the Undertaker losing a match was not something that happened. Personally, I thought that match at the Rumble was badass just because of the Undertaker's smoke and mirrors stuff at the end. I was 14 at the time, so it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. Anyway, I still enjoyed the blog and always appreciate the read. Take care and spike you hair. WWWYKI!
    Updated 09-12-2011 at 09:30 AM by Renevious
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.