View RSS Feed

Cacho

All About The Divas

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
With the talk of Beth Phoenix and Natalya supposedly "saving" the women's division I started thinking about how hypocritical you fans are. I mean back in the days of Lita and Trish Stratus, you would all moan and groan about the WWE having divas in the company for the sole purpose of dancing around and having pillow fights, bra and panties matches, and rolling around in gravy pools. So to cater to you fools, the WWE decided to have a little of what they want, and a little of what you want. After all, if they went with everything you fans want, then they would've been out of business already. They wanted hot women so the guys watching get intrigued to watch all of the programming, not just the male superstars, while at the same time, not making you have to sit through "pointless matches", such as lingerie matches, pudding matches, & bikini and dance contests. But of course, you people weren't satisfied with that were you, of course not. All I ever hear or read on websites is how divas such as Kelly Kelly, The Bellas, Layla, or Maryse are barbie dolls, who are a waste of space on the roster. What nobody ever mentions is the fact that most of these divas were brought in for the purpose of looking good, without taking time away from the more experienced divas, but when you started bashing them, the WWE decided to make them wrestle, despite not given them sufficient training time. And so the result is that they don't look as good in the ring as much as you people want them to look. I mean, most of the WWE fans are guys, which means that good looking women, in which most of the these ladies are, should be in the company. Just because they may not be as "experienced' as Phoenix and Natalya, doesn't mean they are useless.
Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler weren't as good as Lita and Trish, but they brought things that worked for them and the for the business. Jazz and Victoria brought power that Lita and Trish didn't have, but does it mean that they were better than them, of course not. A divsion needs a difference between the talents that make it up. What would've made Lita special if the other divas could do what she did, nothing that's what would've made her special. What if Torrie Wilson was just as good as Trish? The two of them wouldn't have been as special in their own ways. As for today's divas, The Bellas are unique for the being the first set of twins in the divas division, a potential sibling rivalry can be brought into the mix, in a divsion that's never had the privilage to have one. Alicia Fox and Layla are women of color that can get to the top of the division with grace along with their athleticism, something that Jacqueline and Jazz couldn't do. Kelly Kelly and Maryse are much improved as well, and they can bring different personalities that have not been seen since the federation years. Kelly Kelly could be the new era's Miss Elizabeth, with her sweetness and beautiful girl next door looks. Mix those attributes with her athleticism and her skills that improve week after week and you got the making of a memorable legendary diva. While Maryse has that sexy accent, and a personality that resembles the late Sensational Sherri. She's come a long way since her days of welcoming us back to Smackdown. These are the divas that get the most criticism, yet they are actually wrestling, and yet divas like AJ, Kaitlyn, Tamina, and Rosa Mendes barely get seen on WWE television, but nobody seems to have a problem with them being on the roster. Just because Beth Phoenix and Natalya have the make up of a Jazz, Victoria, and Jacqueline whlie the other divas don't resemble anyone from the glory days of the division, doesn't mean they shouldn't be featured.
You losers want to see Beth Phoenix and Natalya face off, because in your head their the best ones. I've seen both of them, and let's not get carried away here. Natalya is only adored because she is a Hart. Just because she does the sharpshooter doesn't mean that she can wrestle better than the "barbies". Everybody seems to think that without submission moves someone is incapable of being a good wrestler. It's about working the crowd, telling a story, and improving your skills and knowledge through every match. Did you ever think that maybe, if Natalya was good enough to get the title multiple times, that she would have. And for Phoenix herself, take away her power, and what is she, just another wrestler. No surprise, she too has a submission move, and you people like her. Not to mention, that you clowns look at her like this era's Chyna, so automattically she's a keeper. The Attitude Era is gone, you bash WWE for being repetitive, yet all you hypocrites want to see, is stars who can take the spot of the Attitude Era stars. It's over, so get over it. I'm not surprise though that most WWE fans are so attached to that era. I mean the franchise was a guy who cursed, flipped fingers, and drank a whole lot of beer. Heck, if ODB was in the WWE, you boneheads would be cheering her on to get a feud with Natalya or Beth Phoenix so that a Hart-Austin type rivalry would start. All of you would be into it until the match would actually happen, in which then you'll start bashing the WWE for trying to recreate the past with similar characters. Don't get me wrong here, I have no issues with Beth Phoenix or Natalya, just with the idea that they are getting a push by being sent out there to degrade anything the other divas do or have done, and you people are like, "yeah, they're right, screw the others".
Now, I have yet to mention that nobody seems to bash Eve Torres, who has improved, but not a faster rate than the Bellas, Maryse, Layla, or Kelly Kelly. I guess it might be because you people know that she isn't as attractive as the others, (despite what you might tell others) so it's okay if she gets a push. Maybe it's jealousy rearing it's ugly head, but to use the old cliche on their behalf, "Don't hate them, because they're beautiful". You shlubs criticize the WWE for being too into pushing the attractive divas, but let's face the facts, if all the divas were ugly, then you'd care even less about what goes on in that division. It's like the WNBA, nobody finds most of the rosters attractive and so nobody really cares, not even ESPN, and they have spelling bees on their network that they cover more. Now if a bunch of hot looking women played WNBA, then guys would watch more,and networks would be fighting to have them on their channel. So back off these divas,The Bellas and Kelly Kelly especially, because everybody seems to want people to progress right away. If it's sports teams giving up on rookies after one bad year, or you disrespectful a-holes calling the Bellas and Kelly Kelly, more so than the others, degrading names because it's taken them a few years to improve check yourselves. I mean you don't even know these women, and you call them these degrading names. As if any of you guys wouldn't want a girl who looks like them to approach you, or you female haters would appreciate being called these names if you were in their shoes. Just because you know them, doesn't mean you actually them personally. I've seen comments about how "people",(more like pieces of filth), throw words like hate around, or comments saying that these LADIES, should be dancing for money somewhere. I know the whole freedom of speech crap that most of you would throw back at me, but it doesn't mean you should go around posting comments like those everywhere. I highly doubt you cowards would have the guts to call them those names to their faces anyway.
This idea that you actually would love to see the women get storylines and tv time is a bunch of bull and you all know it. Let's not forget that even the most memorable women's matches in history have gotten half the attention of what the male superstars matches get. No doubt that wrestling is a male dominated sport, so with that said, the time of these matches that the divas get, are kept short, because of how you same fans that bash them react to any divas match that has been around the 10+ minute match, with little or no enthusiasm. In recent years, matches between Melina, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, and Beth Phoenix, have been promoted, treated with as much attention as the other ppv matches, and when they took place, nobody in the crowd seemed to give two hoots about it. They were more concerned with getting their sign and faces on camera or going to the concession stands. If the WWE doesn't give the divas the respectful amount of time to work a match, it's because of you fans, not because of the divas themselves. Now that's where I have to bash the WWE as well, because it's ridiculous to have anyone on the roster that you don't feel the need to give sufficient attention to. I mean what they pulled off at WrestleMania 25 was the most disrespectful thing a promotion could do to a division short of eliminating it altogether, and purposely making it a joke on tv. To have Santino Marella win the Ms. WrestleMania battle royal was absurd to say the least. I'm sure you parasites (to quote Jericho) didn't mind that though, it bothered you more that John Cena was champion, or that the tag match was made the dark match,(sure it bothered me, but at least they got to have a good match). These divas all work hard for what they get, no matter what they look like in the ring, and remember, they are hot enough to be actresses or super models and athletic enough to be in other sports, but they choose to be in the WWE. It may sound lame, but they sacrifice their time and their health to entertain us, and even if they don't like the fans and are in the business to just collect big checks or to get noticed by Hollywood, you have to know that you would do the same thing, so BACK OFF YA' SMUCKS!

Submit "All About The Divas" to Digg Submit "All About The Divas" to del.icio.us Submit "All About The Divas" to StumbleUpon Submit "All About The Divas" to Google

Updated 09-11-2011 at 09:27 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No one on here really bashes Layla or Maryse. We bash short diva's matches or diva's matches with no purpose (any big tag team match or battle royal) because they make the division a joke. A lot of people would like longer matches without K2 botching. Eve does get bashed and I don't know where do you get the idea that people only hate beautiful divas and that everyone goes crazy for submission moves. Del Rio does submissions and a lot of people don't think he should be champ. If they could be actresses they would, they come here to get noticed and stand out or actually wrestle. People hate Kelly because she botches, does things like the stink face, and because she just isn't that good. You talked about them improving and you are right, however its not hard to improve wrestling skills that were not there, or really bad skill. The divas like AJ, Kaitlyn, Tamina, and Rosa Mendes that you think nobody cares about, people actually do care (at least about AJ and Tamina anyways). Not being on TV is creatives fault, people hate Kelly and the Bellas because they take up time (no matter how little it is) from divas who can actually wrestle. I hate Mendes and Kaitlyn and they aren't K2 or Bella hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513
    No one on here really bashes Layla or Maryse. We bash short diva's matches or diva's matches with no purpose (any big tag team match or battle royal) because they make the division a joke. A lot of people would like longer matches without K2 botching. Eve does get bashed and I don't know where do you get the idea that people only hate beautiful divas and that everyone goes crazy for submission moves. Del Rio does submissions and a lot of people don't think he should be champ. If they could be actresses they would, they come here to get noticed and stand out or actually wrestle. People hate Kelly because she botches, does things like the stink face, and because she just isn't that good. You talked about them improving and you are right, however its not hard to improve wrestling skills that were not there, or really bad skill. The divas like AJ, Kaitlyn, Tamina, and Rosa Mendes that you think nobody cares about, people actually do care (at least about AJ and Tamina anyways). Not being on TV is creatives fault, people hate Kelly and the Bellas because they take up time (no matter how little it is) from divas who can actually wrestle. I hate Mendes and Kaitlyn and they aren't K2 or Bella hot.
    Maybe you're right that nobody bashes Layla and Maryse,(but if you read the whole blog, I focused more on the bashing of The Bellas & Kelly Kelly) but as much I like seeing them improve, they aren't as skillful as you people think that Phoenix and Natalya are and yet their ringwork doesn't get critcized as much as the ringwork of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly, who are the most beautiful in the company right now. Not to mention, that when the Bellas were brought in, all I heard from everyone was how good they were and they were going to help the division. How do you go from good to bad with experience.As far as having no skills to begin with, again, did you read the whole blog, Kelly was brought in to dance, but once you smucks bashed her for taking time up, WWE made her wrestle without her being ready. She's hot, they weren't going to send her down to FCW, so she had to learn on the go, it doesn't come easy for anyone to learn to wrestle. Go to a wrestling school, show me you will learn everything in 2 or 3 years then talk. Like the WWE promos say, it takes years of practice to be good. Plus, what makes AJ and Tamina anything special, if they were good, then they would get stuff. I mean it's not like the guys who rule the company, the divas have 1 rivalry built, and everyone one of them has been ignored at some point, but those 2 are always ignored which means they aren't as good as you might think. WWE mishandles talent a lot, but think of the stars who don't get used the most, the aforementioned divas, JTG, Primo, Curt Hawkins, Darren Young, Tyler Reks, all people who the company could go without. Also, the battle royals are usually #1 contender matches, and big tag team matches, really, what about the 8 man tag from Raw last week, what was the point of that. Every division has pointless matches, what's the reason for Mahal & Khali v Bourne and Kofi or Orton v Cody. Was Cody really going to win clean or are Khali and Mahal going to get a title shot, no, so pointless in the sense of rivalries, but you have matches to get a feel for what might work later on. Also, those big diva tag matches is to give all of them tv time. By the way, ADR isn't liked because of his character and not doing enough to deserve a Rumble win and Title run, not his ringwork, which isn't impressive, yet it gets more praise than Cena.
    Updated 09-12-2011 at 09:14 AM by Cacho
    Woo! Yeah! Cacho! Cacho! Cacho! Cacho! Oh yeah! Cacho madness! I can dig it!

I agree with most of what you say and I couldn't of put it better.

Kelly Kelly gets such a bad rap. I can't remember Rikishi getting this much heat over one stupid spot. She hasn't botched badly for quite some time, if she did, she wouldn't be where she is. I agree that A.J and Tamina need more TV time, but they need to play a waiting game. WWE won't push prelim male Superstars as it could potentially harm the main eventers, so in the small amount of time the Divas get, what chance do the prelim Divas have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacho
    Maybe you're right that nobody bashes Layla and Maryse,(but if you read the whole blog, I focused more on the bashing of The Bellas & Kelly Kelly) but as much I like seeing them improve, they aren't as skillful as you people think that Phoenix and Natalya are and yet their ringwork doesn't get critcized as much as the ringwork of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly, who are the most beautiful in the company right now. Not to mention, that when the Bellas were brought in, all I heard from everyone was how good they were and they were going to help the division. How do you go from good to bad with experience. Plus, what makes AJ and Tamina anything special, if they were good, then they would get stuff. I mean it's not like the guys who rule the company, the divas have 1 rivalry built, and everyone one of them has been ignored at some point, but those 2 are always ignored which means they aren't as good as you might think. WWE mishandles talent a lot, but think of the stars who don't get used the most, the aforementioned divas, JTG, Primo, Curt Hawkins, Darren Young, Tyler Reks, all people who the company could go without. Also, the battle royals are usually #1 contender matches, and big tag team matches, really, what about the 8 man tag from Raw last week, what was the point of that. Every division has pointless matches, what's the reason for Mahal & Khali v Bourne and Kofi or Orton v Cody. Was Cody really going to win clean or are Khali and Mahal going to get a title shot, no, so pointless in the sense of rivalries, but you have matches to get a feel for what might work later on. Also, those big diva tag matches is to give all of them tv time. By the way, ADR isn't liked because of his character and not doing enough to deserve a Rumble win and Title run, not his ringwork, which isn't impressive, yet it gets more praise than Cena.
    No one bashes people because of looks. If a diva is good in ring and doesn't get tv time it is because of creative, not in ring skill. Gail is great in the ring and her not being used is because of creative. She had a 10 minute match on superstars with Beth before she quit and I enjoyed it a lot. Was the big Raw tag team match less than 2 minutes? That is why no one likes big diva tag matches they have the same pattern (two divas start, maybe 1 or 2 tags, everyone comes in, top face diva hits finisher on random heel, match over), granted big male tag matches ends the same also (Cena goes super and beats the odds) but the rest of that Raw tag match was great and had a story behind it (Del Rio recruits people to attack Cena) Whats bad about it is it is predictable (Faces come to rescue, Holla Holla Holla player, we are going to have a tag match). No one praises Cena's ringwork, work ethic yes though. ADR needs another finisher that isn't a submission is my only problem with him at the moment.
    Updated 09-12-2011 at 09:27 AM by wrestlingfan66513
    Kelly Kelly just isn't very good and isn't believable. Yes, her skills have improved. That doesn't change the fact, she is just bad. Send her to FCW to train with Steamboat or someone, and than repackage her differently.

I will say, the most improved are the Bellas, so I wholeheartedly agree with you on them and say that particular bashing is unwarranted. They work really well as a team, the botches they make are far less than it was even 2 months ago. It is like maybe they are seeking out advice from other Superstars on how they can improve and make their work believable.

I also agree with the majority in saying, that Phoenix and Natalya are every bit as good as advertised.
    My biggest issue is saying Kelly Kelly could be the new Miss Elizabeth. That is insulting! There will never be another Miss Elizabeth. Kelly Kelly is far from being innocent, she seems to get around quite a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666
    My biggest issue is saying Kelly Kelly could be the new Miss Elizabeth. That is insulting! There will never be another Miss Elizabeth. Kelly Kelly is far from being innocent, she seems to get around quite a bit!
    By innocent, he means that she is always happy and nice. And as far as her "getting around"...she doesnt. Its called being in a relationship. Frankly enough why should it matter to anyone what her personal life is like and how the hell do you know that she gets around? It has absolutely nothing to do with what she does in wrestling.You don't know her so don't judge her.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.