The State of TNA
by, 08-12-2010 at 04:34 PM (4420 Views)
I'm not gonna hate on TNA like most people. I think TNA started off well, a six-sided ring, a great X-Division, a unique women's knockout division. People leading the company who could be major players (Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe). Then it made the one mistake that it is still making...trying to be like WWE, WCW, and now ECW.
WWE is a multi-million dollar company and yes, though many of you will hate me saying this, TNA is way too far behind the times to beat WWE. I thought things were beginning to change with the additions of Jeff Hardy, Ken Anderson, and Rob Van Dam. They had enough "star power" to begin to be taken seriously. They stopped focusing on the the old washed up wrestlers and let the young guys take the lead. Then they took four steps back and brought in the ECW hasbeens. Look, I'm not an ECW hater but WWE tried to bring back ECW and we are know what a disaster that was. ECW is dead and TNA is not going to have any better luck resurrecting it. TNA had a PPV totally dedicated to the old ECW. Isn't that crazy. You paid loads of money to buy former WWE superstars and you have an ECW PPV?
Here is what TNA needs to do to get back in game:
1. Get rid of the dead weight. Fire Eric Young, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, and Hulk Hogan. A leaner meaner TNA means that all the younger talent will be showcased and that will bring in the money for the company.
2. Stop trying to compete with WWE!! TNA will never be WWE nor should they be. TNA should stop trying to resurrect old companies that failed in the past and focus on creating their brand
3. Bring back the knockout division stop having TBP be the stars. Bring Kong and ODB back. Have Taylor Wilde and Daffney start fighting again. Their fight with Absyss and Dr. Stevie in Monster's Ball was great! Sorry to be harsh but TNA is never going to have prettier women than WWE, but they can have the toughest, hardest women wrestlers that people will pay to see.
4. LET SAMOA JOE LOOSE! Yeah, he's been suspended but so what? He's one of the best wrestlers in TNA and he's been relegated to the sidelines. I want the vicious Joe who faught Kirk Angle back.
5. STOP MAKING AJ STYLES INTO RICK FLAIR JR. AJ is one of the best wrestlers in the world today. His work ethic and talent are endless. TNA should let him run with the ball for a while and stop being Rick Flair's lackey. AJ doesn't need to be in "Fortune" he is fine by himself. Rick Flair's best days are done, he needs to retire but sadly can't as he needs the money. He's just a caricature of himself. Pretty sad really.
6. Pick a path and stay the course. TNA is just throwing "hail marys" seeing whatever sticks. TNA has no clear direction for their storylines and it shows.
7. For the Love of God no more invasion storylines. The Frontline storyline sucked, the only good thing was MEM, which should've never been disbanded. I loved King Bookah, Scotty Steiner, Kirk Angle, and Kevin Nash. Rumor is there is an ECW invasion storyline in the works. WWE is doing it better with Nexus a bunch of young hungry wolves. Seeing a bunch of washed up ECW wrestlers limping up and down the ring (yeah I'm talking about Mick Foley!) doesn't interest me.
TNA has all the tools to succeed if they start using their young talent and start building on their brand. Here are some people that can help them build their brand in no particular order.
1. Desmond Wolfe
2. The Pope
3. Samoa Joe
4. AJ Styles
5. Ken Anderson
7. Generation Me
8. Tyler Wilde
10. Jeff Hardy
11. Rob Van Dam
13. Motor City Machine Guns
14. Beer Money