View RSS Feed

knox

When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Sup guys, Knox here. This isn't a technical blog filled with big words, this is simply a blog addressing the things the IWC bitch about, myself included. I think its getting old but no matter what, it will continue to happen. People on the comment threads bashing one another for having an opinion, it has to stop.

WWE vs TNA
Here's the deal. These are 2 DIFFERENT COMPANIES. They both are in the same industry but they are different as night and day. WWE pushes developed and young talent, TNA pushes the older talent and in a reality show setting.

McDonalds(WWE) & Chick-Fi-La(TNA) Comparison
Sorry for the corny comparison but it has to be done. Lets say McDonalds represent the WWE and TNA is being represented by Chick-Fi-La. Their different, McDonalds and Chick-Fi-La are in the same fast food industry but one specializes in burgers and the other specializes in chicken. But McDonalds has been in business a hell of alot longer and have more experience in what they do. But how often has McDonald's been attacked by the government? Who remembers them forcing them to disband the Super Size Meal? This is what the WWE goes through with all their accusations and threats from various organizations. McDonalds have to live up to alot of criticism seeing as they started fast food restaurants. Constantly there are other companies that get in their way like Checkers (ROH), Sonics (AAA)

Chick-Fi-La is the new company (TNA) thats taking the industry by storm. But here's the weakness. Chick-Fi-La loses alot of money because they absolutely aren't open on Sundays. You can compare this to TNA not wanting to live instead of taped. Chick-Fi-La loses money on Sundays and TNA's Impact gets spoiled because its taped.

WWE marks bitch when TNA hire an old wrestler but they don't when the WWE hires an old wrestler:
Ok, here's the reason why and this one is my favorite. TNA is known for pushing old wrestlers all the time. Their main roster that gets most the television time consist of Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bully Ray, Brother D-Von, Sting, Scott Steiner and others. Thats who takes up television time, so when you add another old head to that list, it becomes repetitive and annoying.

WWE however are known for pushing younger talent like The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley and Evan Bourne. Adding an old guy to that equation doesn't harm the roster at all because its so many young guys.

The WWE bring in old guys but not to wrestle every single week. They aren't even wrestling. Nash isn't back in WWE to wrestle. Now he'll have a match or two against Cm Punk but not as a full time wrestler. The WWE knew how to tell people like The Undertaker, HBK and Triple H that this doesn't last forever and eventually they retired in good health.

When the WWE hires an old guy, its someone that originated in the WWE in the first place. TNA are taking WWE originals and making them stars instead of pushing someone like Bobby Roode. WWE simply rehires original talent like Bret Hart. Now was Bret Hart wrestling every week. He had 3 matches I believe since returning.

TNA is being destroyed by Hulk Hogan
Totally not true. I hate Hogan but I agree that he's made TNA more fun to watch atleast in my opinion. I love TNA with all my heart which is why I'm so critical about it. But to put the blame on Hogan is sad. Hogan is part of the problem. The biggest problem with TNA comes internally.

Dixie Carter is too soft to be president. She can't make the ruthless moves that Vince McMahon isn't afraid to make. She can't run a company simple and plain because she caters to the old wrestlers and are still banking on thei drawing power from 20 years to kick in but it hasn't been working.

Bischoff is said to be an arrogant prick in the lockeroom which makes it hard to work for him. He always seemed like that guy who always think he's right. He was the guy in high school arguing everyday with people making his opinion stick out because he always thinks he's right.

Vince Russo's writing is what's destroying the product. He's made a living off of heel stables running the show. The nWo, Mainevent Mafia, heel Fortune and now Immortal. That stuff doesn't draw anymore. Its the same concept. The reason the Nexus worked was because they were young angry rookies instead of established vets. This was different because we barely even knew who these guys were and here they are running the show, they drew. Also many TNA employees give the WWE credit. So many TNA stars tweeted about Punk's promo. This is something you don't do for competition.

Randy Orton and John Cena are pushed too hard:
This is true. They are pushed too hard but people are forgettng how strong they came on. They came at a perfect time, when Stone Cold and The Rock were nearing retirement. They started together in OVW and became good friends and said they were going to reach for that brass ring and they did. They perfectly filled the shoes of Stone Cold and The Rock. But you can't compare them, they were in two different eras. We all are going to mark out for the Attitude Era but this is a new era.

Now I feel it becomes a problem when they let Orton and Cena squash people. The way Orton dealt with Christian sucked. Christian is an established guy and its not believable to see Orton destroy him so many times.

Cena freakin took out the Nexus by himself. He did it single handedly. That did nothing for the Nexus and it made them look weak. Cena & Orton are already over, would that 7 on 7 loss at Summerslam really take away the credibility of Cena, Orton, Edge, or Jericho? Hell no.

But when looking at Cena & Orton, its not much guys that are stepping up. I've said it before but I really think Alex Riley is the next big thing and I can easily see him being the next face of this company next to the Miz. But if I had to choose a young guy to win his first World Title I would have to choose Alex Riley. If they keep building him, within 2 years he'll be the new guy.

WWE & TNA lacking unpredictability

TNA:
Here's the problem. Every high profile TNA match ends in interference somehow. Whether someone hands someone a chair or whatever, that match is somehow determined on behalf on interference and they've been doing that for ages. But that what happens when you always have a heel stable involved. One of their members are always in a high profile match which leads to interference. Its poor writing. Hell the last PPV mainevent Kurt Angle took the belt from Sting because Hogan handed him a chair. I can't enjoy TNA PPV's or the mainevents on Impact because I know its going to end in interference.

WWE:
Now this is a huge problem. You pretty much know who's going to win every match. No more upsets really happen. Back in the attitude era, any star could beaten on any given night. For example Austin was WWE champ back in 2000. He had a title defense coming up at one of the PPV's against the Undertaker. But the previous Raw, he was pinned by Jericho. Thats called being beat on any given night and it adds that factor to the PPV match. Now people were like, "how is he going to defend the belt against the Undertaker if he let Jericho pin him just now". Thats whats missing.

In today's WWE a new number one contender is made the following Raw & Smackdown after the PPV. So if Randy Orton is champ and Mark Henry wins a 20 man over the top Battle Royal, we know the rest of the story. Now we know that Orton & Mark Henry will not lose any match leading into Night of Champions and thats what takes away from an entertaining product.

Back in the day The Hurricane beat the Rock. I bet my last dollar they would never let someone like Santino Marella pin someone like The Miz or Randy Orton.

WWE: Rebuilding Legends
This is something we complain about. The WWE seems like they are rebuilding stars like Shawn Michaels with guys like John Morrison. I agree and disagree with this concept. I like to see stars build their own legacy.

John Cena = Hulk Hogan/The Rock

Justin Gabriel = Rob Van Dam

Dolph Ziggler = Edge

The Miz = Roddy Piper/Chris Jericho

Cm Punk = Sting/Stone Cold

Randy Orton = Stone Cold/Jake Roberts

Jack Swagger = Kurt Angle/Chris Nowinski

Kofi Kingston = Ricky Steamboat

R-Truth = Booker T

John Morrison = Shawn Michaels

Mark Henry = Vader

Ezekiel Jackson = Ahmed Johnson

Alberto Del Rio = Eddie Guererro

Sin Cara = Rey Mysterio

Those are the comparisons I've noticed but the WWE has done a good job in not making these comparison look too obvious. They are trying to build new stars but its difficult. Take Ted Dibiase Jr. for example. They give him this new theme "I come from money" but noting he does involves money. He doesn't even wear green trunks any more. He has a character with no gimmick and thats something the WWE needs to do. Ted Dibiae Jr. should have a similar gimmick to Alberto Del Rio.

Cm Punk returned too early
I agreed with this but I didn't complain until I watched it unfold and its turning out pretty good. They've involved Kevin Nash and now our eyes are glued to the sets. I love this and we can only hope something epic comes from this.

Guys this turned into a huge rant, hell I complained alot myself. Before you guys comment, understand that I'm not some huge WWE mark. I'm a mark for both companies. I was critical on TNA because I love it so much. I know some of you TNA guys will call me a WWE mark but I'm a mark for whatever wrestling they televise and WWE and TNA are whats televised so I love both companies. I went off topic this whole blog but please leave some feedback. Thanks guys and be safe.

Check out my song guys!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MSACDcwd8

Submit "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!" to Digg Submit "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!" to Google

Updated 08-23-2011 at 03:18 PM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!"

When TNA or WWE start doing something right! Both of them have their moments of promise, but they always fuck it up some how! It's not the wrestlers, it's the damn pitiful excuse for a writing team. Both TNA and WWE's writers are incompetent and shouldn't be on the payroll. I would rather see a random fan write storylines for these companies and believe they would be more in touch with what fans want to see.

On one hand you has TNA's creative who are like hyperactive children wanting to change everyone to heel then to face, then back to heel, and have swerves every week or new stables. Then you have WWE who just keep on repeating the same formula every month leading to a PPV and keep booking the same matches over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethewolf
    "When are Wrestling Fans going to Stop Bitching over Everything!!!"

When TNA or WWE start doing something right! Both of them have their moments of promise, but they always fuck it up some how! It's not the wrestlers, it's the damn pitiful excuse for a writing team. Both TNA and WWE's writers are incompetent and shouldn't be on the payroll. I would rather see a random fan write storylines for these companies and believe they would be more in touch with what fans want to see.

On one hand you has TNA's creative who are like hyperactive children wanting to change everyone to heel then to face, then back to heel, and have swerves every week or new stables. Then you have WWE who just keep on repeating the same formula every month leading to a PPV and keep booking the same matches over and over.
    You are 100% spot on dude. Everything from both companies seem rehashed
    great blog man. first off im a tna fan also, ppl will bitch and hate on it because its competion. Second i think its a good time in wrestling rite now. with kurt angle champion and adr champion its jst great tv. wwe fanboys will never stop and the best thing 2 do apricite the positives of both shows. im a fan of both companies, and tna can only get better cuz of the great talent that is there.
    I think we bitch because we were spoiled by the Attitude Era and regardless of what either company does, we won't be happy with what they do. We'll find some minor little thing and whine that we don't like it and whatever company does the little minor thing is horrible and the opposition is better.

In regards to no predictability, I'm assuming that a majority have watched it almost all or a good portion of their lives. So that's part of why it's probably become so predictable. The other reason is spoilers. We have probably read the spoilers for Friday's Smackdown. We know what's going to happen backstage and the winner's of each match. It kind of takes away the appeal of it if you know what's going to happen.

Great blog, Knox. Keep up the great work.
    great blog, knox. i had the same idea for my first blog, it was going to be called 'Haters of the WWE' but I rambled on and went way off topic so I deleted it and will wait for a better time. My username sucks too, nvm.
    You hit the nail on the head with every single one of your points. the problems with wrestling marks is that we all have different opinions and tastes. wwe has to try and meet 10s of millions of people's tastes and it just can't happen. personally i love the wwe storylines atm, but i see people complaining about 'how shit raw was last night'
    WCW had almost every match end in with interference towards the last few years they were in business. So not surprise TNA has matches end in interference. I just wish TNA stop trying to rehash alot of WCW stuff and try to be a their own company.
    I think that there's a difference between suggesting changes and new ideas, compared to bitching. when wrestling fans bitch about something, i just tell them they should turn off the tv, but i have no problem with people suggesting ideas.

grrrrrreat blog mr.knox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.