View RSS Feed

Iamthegame

The Third Coming? CM Punk, Y2J, More!

Rate this Entry
Hello folks!!! I've been keeping up with the site and reading some really good blogs. This is only my second blog because I tend to ramble so I wanted to pick one really important topic and go from there. The first one I think I did ok with but didn't receive as much feedback as I would have liked so hopefully this one will be better. And I think it's pretty interesting that this one is created exactly one month since my last one. Ok now that that's all out of the way shall we begin??

I want to start off by saying how disappointed I am with the WWE and how they handled the entire CM Punk angle. I was excited to see that he actually won at MITB and then left with the championship. But then things went downhill from there. He returns the next week after Cena wins the new WWE title (surprise, surprise) and does the cliche taught thing. A lot of people were saying that the WWE had completely botched the whole angle after that but there were some including the guy who I am writing this blog about who said 'wait and see before we say that it is ruined.' So that's what I did. Now here we are after Summerslam and neither Punk or Cena is the champ and we have Kevin Nash out of nowhere feuding with Punk. I think it's safe to say that the WWE did indeed botch the Punk angle. But that's not what I'm writing about today.

I want to talk about a guy who can save the WWE once again from falling into the same pitiful state it has become accustomed to being in. That guy is none other than Y2J himself. You see, people like to bash those who predict what's coming next. But I can see right now that the WWE is headed right back to the same abyss it has been in for the last 2 years. They took a guy as hot as CM Punk and turned his whole angle into a joke. I mean who here really wants to see Punk wrestle Kevin Nash?? And who in God's name (besides little jimmy) wants to see Cena vs. ADR for the strap?? So yes the WWE has botched this angle and is headed for a complete disaster unless something else happens and in my mind there is only 2 ways to go about this: have Nash, HHH and ADR form some sort of corporate faction and then feud with Punk (which would be great but dont think that will happen) or bring back Y2J to save them yet again.

Now I'm sure you are wondering why I think Y2J is the guy they need. Well let me explain. Jericho is a guy who can play either a heel or a face and do it well. His last stint with the WWE he was a heel and a damn good one. I remember coming on this site and seeing comments about how much people hated Y2J because he is so rude and arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else. That is how believeable his persona was. He wasn't really that kind of guy but he sure made you feel like it when you watched himd. That's true heat. Guys like ADR and Christian can't generate that kind of heat because it's not natural. Chris is a natural entertainer. His mic skills are awesome. How many un-forgettable promos has he had during his career? The man is a genius when it comes to doing promos. Also, Chris is still in great shape even though he is up there in age. He still executes all of his moves flawlessly and I can't ever remember a Jericho match that was a complete botch-fest like a lot of matches I've seen lately. He's been away for a while and I bet he is refreshed and would come back very energized. I just don't see a downside to his return.

Now when he does return what could the WWE do with him? Well actually I have a pretty good idea of what they can do. Instead of moving him straight to Raw put him on Smackdown. The reason being is this: Who here is tired of seeing Randy Orton as champion? I for one am. I love Randy as a competitor don't get me wrong but you have to keep it fresh. Obviously we are seeing Mark Henry get a push and that's great, but I doubt that he will take the title from RKO. I think they want a credible guy as champion on Smackdown and by the looks of their roster Randy is the only guy that fits that bill (besides Sheamus) so Y2J would definitely solve that problem (no pun intended). He could come back as a tweener and then have Randy make a heel turn because let's face it he is just not very over as a face. Y2J beats him for the title and starts his run as a face. Get RKO out of the title picture and turn him heel and Y2J becomes a face AND I just had a novel idea as I'm sitting here typing. If you haven't followed Y2J's career like I have (I'm an attitude era baby) let me clue you in on a little something. Y2J can put young talent over. He put over guys like Christian, Chris Benoit and Randy Orton. I mean you can have a feud with Y2J as a young guy and end up be the man. Who could benefit from a feud with WHC Y2J than a guy like Cody Rhodes?!?! That's how I would handle Y2J's return in the beginning.

Now as they say the best is yet to come. Y2J could have a few feuds on Smackdown, put a couple of young guys over and let Smackdown regain some credibility in the first few months of his return. But then what I would do is prepare for Mania. Before CM Punk was the "Best in the World" it was Jericho who was claiming that title (without much argument from me). So it would make sense to have these two go at it and give us true wrestling fans an instant classic at Wrestlemania. Could you imagine that match?? I begin to foam at the mouth just thinking about it!! Yes, have Punk and Jericho feud with awesome promos and some of the most entertaining TV you will ever see and have it end with a classic wrestling match on the grandest stage of them all.

Now I'm sure I will have some negative feedback and that's fine. I love all types of criticism just as long as we can be respectful but tell me what you guys think. And if you're wondering why I'm so high on Chris Jericho then check out his DVD entitled "Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho." Maybe that will help you see that the guy really is a talented freaking genius!!!!

Thanks for reading....God Bless

Submit "The Third Coming? CM Punk, Y2J, More!" to Digg Submit "The Third Coming? CM Punk, Y2J, More!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Third Coming? CM Punk, Y2J, More!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Third Coming? CM Punk, Y2J, More!" to Google

Updated 08-23-2011 at 10:40 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho is an excellent movie. I just hope you are right and he's coming back soon
    I think a Jericho/Punk match would be perfect shit that'd be better for the main event at wrestlemania than Rock/Cena hahaha
    Great blog, and I can't wait for the Ayatolla of Rock 'n' Rolla to return. Like you I have followed Jericho since his WWF debut (I later looked into his career before that and I loved his WCW run). I'm pretty sure that, from reading both of Jericho's books, Benoit taught Jericho a lot of what he knows about the business though (particularly in WCW). I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation of Jericho's books.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.