View RSS Feed

niafv1

My Opinion of TNA and How to Possibly Fix It.

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
May I just say first of all I am not a TNA hater. I watch TNA and from the period 2005-early 2011 I prefered TNA over WWE. I am a firm believer that TNA succeeding will benefit the overall business of wrestling. I also understand that having Hulk Hogan and RVD in TNA no doubt increases the profile of TNA. However after watching the last two weeks, all I can say is ugh.

TNA is being run by a faction called Immortal, run by Hulk Hogan(Non Wrestler), Eric Bischoff(Non Wrestler) and Ric Flair(Non Wrestler). The biggest active stars in Immortal are Kurt Angle? and Bully Ray (Who is one of the only credible heels in TNA). The Leader of the active wrestlers has changed from Jeff Hardy(-March), Jarrett(-June), Anderson(-August) and now Kurt Angle. I understand that the Jeff Hardy situation was out of their control. But why add Anderson to Immortal only to leave a month later? That brings me to my next point.

Mr. Anderson is one of the best entertainers in the world. In 2011, he has won the world title twice. Both times it seemed the ball was given to him to run with it, yet both times, the ball was dropped. I would have been much more intrueged by having Anderson lose the belt to Angle than Sting. With Sting vs Hogan pretty much set for Bound For Glory, why have him win the World Title?

I believe TNA unfortunately has one year left to save their product from becoming a joke. Now is the time to take a risk. Take away the older talent, use them as managers. Fire Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Devon, Steiner. Even though he doesnt deserve a lot of criticsm he gets, fire Russo, let this be a new dawn for TNA. Let Kurt Angle go away to the Olympics for a year. Bring in talent that can help to put over the younger stars. Have Joe take out Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam to make him the monster again. Turn Xplosion into one hour of X-Division Action with Rob Van Dam the shows big star. Rehire Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Amazing Red, Homicide, Devine, Lance Hoyt and Daivari. Bring in stars from ROH, Mexico and Japan to fix the roster, like Jack Evans, Low Ki, Davey Richards, Roderick Strong, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Eddie Edwards, Koba Ibushi and even Generation Me. Have Ric Flair form a faction to face Fortune with Richards, Edwards, Evans, Low Ki and Ibushi. Let the new stars make a name for themselves by battling the TNA originals.

With Fortune battling Ric Flairs new faction, have the main event picture feature Samoa Joe(who unfortunately i see quitting very soon) as the monster with Anderson chasing. Give the Pope a program with Jay Lethal. Let The Hardys earn their way up the TagTeam Division by having a program with each of the tag teams, eventually facing Beer Money. Bring back Dr. Stevie with Roderick Strong at his side to fued with Abyss. Have Matt Morgan face Crimson to decide who the next top star should be. Include not one, but 2 or 3 X Division matches on each PayPerView. The knockouts division should become a force with possible signings like Melina and Gail Kim. Within a year, TNA should have a new fresh roster with young stars and unpredictible match ups with the eventual return of Kurt Angle on the horizon. Also, take TNA on the road. Decide on 5 cities other than Orlando and do half the tapings there each month along with the PPV at a nearby city. Do a month of tapings over here in Ireland and the UK with 6,000-10,000 paying fans.

Like I said at the beginning, I enjoyed watching TNA. However, unless changes are made, the decline of TNA is not far away. They cannot afford yet another mishap like Victory Road. They cannot afford to have Sting, Hogan and co. outshine AJ or Anderson any more. A line must be drawn between an increase in main stream knowledge and new talent coming through. A complete overhaul needs to be put down. I see Paul Heyman being the only person who can possibly do it. Make his contract full of share options, % of merchandise, % of ticket sales and other bonuses to encorage him to grow TNA. Do cross overs with UFC to increase TNAs profile. There are ways to save TNA, and even make TNA a power to be reckoned with with 5 or 10 years, but the more time wasted, the more time it will take.
"Anything is possible if you have the intelligence and the willpower to make it happen"

Submit "My Opinion of TNA and How to Possibly Fix It." to Digg Submit "My Opinion of TNA and How to Possibly Fix It." to del.icio.us Submit "My Opinion of TNA and How to Possibly Fix It." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Opinion of TNA and How to Possibly Fix It." to Google

Tags: opinion, tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    So you're master plan to "save" TNA IA to fire everybody who has a name. Fire everybody everybody knows and then hire names that SOME people know? :/ Sorry buddy I'm not even gonna bother with anything else.
    i agree on most of it apart from matt morgan vs crimson mainly because morgan is a former tna heavyweight champ and overall awesome wrestler and i don't see why he needs to prove himself to be 'the next big star' when is capable of pulling off some off the best matches.
    They always have room to tweak TNA. Have you seen Hogans back I mean really come on dude. He is the boss bro he cant do much man it probably takes alot to sit down. To put him in a fight with Sting that would be like Angle Vs Jeff Jarrett. You cant man he cant move like that anymore man. How you going to say fire Hogan and the crew dude are you stupid or what???
    Who runs WWE?? Think moron experience right, duh! STay away from writing articles about wrestling when you really dont know what your talking about. Triple H is running WWE now with Vince still the main boss of course. But dude Hulk Hogan is the man with Rick Flair, Sting the Icon and man who is 52 years old and still banging it with the best. Man let me stop you don't know what your talking about I been doing this for 32 years.
    Ok first of all I completely disagree with this diatribe that you're selling. Firing a bunch of guys and hiring new ones is not the answer for TNA. I think they just need more TV time and a better direction for the storylines. The increased tv time would do wonders for their stories by allowing more time for the little details that would make you the paying fan care about the story itself. TNA needs to get a 2nd program up and running because the 2 hrs they have a week is not nearly enough to showcase all of the talent they have.
    If anything TNA should be far more selective in their hirings. They should look at EVERYTHING when they're in the process of hiring a talent... not JUST in-ring talent but charisma and presence as well. They should only hire people whom they believe will be beneficial to them in the long run and whom they believe they can actually USE in the long run. IMHO some of the wrestlers you recommended them to sign don't even have the complete package. Roderick Strong is pretty bland, for example. Jack Evans, great wrestler but he's got that Spanky aura. Gen Me, great wrestlers but zero connection to the crowd. Ditto with Johnny Devine and Lance Hoyt. Ibushi will get lost in the shuffle especially since I doubt he speaks English.

However I completely agree that they should give the younger talent shots. Hogan, Sting, and Flair won't live forever and most others are at the prime of their careers so it would be a waste to see them spend their prime in the midcard. AJ and Joe don't need so much exposure anymore since they've already proven so much but it would help if they were in the uppercard from time to time if only to remind people who they are and why they deserve to be at the top.

Aside from good, solid, long-term storylines that they shouldn't screw up, somewhere down the road they should also travel more and see exactly which wrestlers different crowds respond to and then base who they push on that, not exactly who they themselves prefer. I fear that Hogan has a huge say in who does and does not get pushed and that, combined with his mentality regarding wrestlers, is rather dangerous.

But that's just me. The bottom line is that they should actually stick to that whole "Wrestling Matters Here" business. Because if you have that sort of tagline but then put on a 2-hour show with over an hour of promo-cutting and backstage whatevers and maybe just twelve minutes of wrestling TOTAL then that's quite hypocritical in anyone's book.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.