View RSS Feed

ilggant

WWE and unfair criticism

Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
WWE and unfair criticism

My first blog here. Criticism of it is very welcome as long as it is constructive. Apologies in advance for it being slightly lengthy.

Firstly, I need to get this out of the way. I am a lifelong WWE fan. I used to watch when Hulk Hogan was running wild. I marked out the first time I saw the Ultimate Warrior running down the aisle to the tune of his energetic music. Speaking of which, the Ultimate Warrior was really my first favourite wrestler, as for some reason I always disliked Hulk Hogan. I have watched all Wrestlemanias (some of them not when they happened but later on, since I was born in late 1983 so I was little over a year old when the first one happened), and I have found most to be entertaining, with a few very dull exceptions. I have followed the Monday Night War closely, and was also a big fan of ECW, which I used to prefer over WCW…with possibly the exception of the NWO (in its early days), which was groundbreaking stuff.

The reason I am describing all of the above is to make it a point that I am not new to WWE fandom. People will sometimes say ‘you like WWE because you were not here for its glory days’. I was. And I’m still here and have no intention of budging.

This brings me to my point. I love WWE (think of me saying that in Kozlov voice), and I strongly dislike the fact that some people always seem to choose to bash the WWE whatever they do. If they hire Mr X’s favourite indy wrestler, Mr X will proceed to make sure everyone knows WWE will eventually ruin him and ‘drop the ball’. In all honesty I do agree that WWE could have made more with the opportunities presented to them in the form of some wrestlers they had under contract, but in the most part, if you are talented and passionate you fill find a way to succeed.

People should remember this…WWE is a business! When people say Vince McMahon is doing something just to spite the fans, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Vince’s ultimate aim is to make – and keep – things interesting. And whatever he does, there will always be those few people who disagree, which is natural after all as you can’t please all the people all the time, but making statements such as ‘he doesn’t know what the fans want’ are so untrue it’s almost funny. If Vince didn’t know what the fans wanted, WWE would have been bankrupt a long, long time ago. Maybe it’s not what YOU want right now, but wait a while, wrestling works in cycles and soon enough you will be provided with what you want and you’ll be saying this era is awesome.

People like to take nostalgia trips, saying things like they miss the Attitude era, which admittedly was very popular with some of the biggest stars in WWE history in main events (although the worst duds of the Attitude era are conveniently forgotten). But the truth is, WWE is in a good state, and in good hands, and in 20 years time, people will look at today and reminisce about the days when John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton et al were on top, referring to them as ‘Legends’ and calling for them to come back and make appearances. The truth is, new stars will always emerge, talented people will always be in the spotlight. That’s how wrestling works, and that is why we should always embrace the moment in WWE that we are witnessing because you never know when the next legend of this business is about to be created.

I think that just about says it all. Hope you enjoyed, agreed or not, any feedback would be appreciated.

Submit "WWE and unfair criticism" to Digg Submit "WWE and unfair criticism" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE and unfair criticism" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE and unfair criticism" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I agree, it's no different then when people say how the music/films/way of life was better back in their day.
    Just people complaining.
    I think some fans failed to realize that for most part, most wrestlers are giving an opportunities to show what they got and what they can offer.
    I agree, I also think some blame can be given to the talent, just people don't want too.

A notable example was from TE. Trish told someone, get in the ring and impress me. He got in the ring, and yeah, he was good, but he had no charisma.

WWE is about entertaining the fans and getting them behind you(Ryder). If you get in the ring and you're good, and you play to the fans(Heel or Face), you're sure to go somewhere. But if you're missing something then.. oh well.
    Bad blog from a typical E mark lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiconsting
    Bad blog from a typical E mark lol
    Says a typical WCW mark still butt hurt over losing the war.
    Great blog from a 'typical E mark'!
    theiconsting....i think you need to look up 'constructive criticism' and come back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.