View RSS Feed

knox

Wrestlemania 28: Mick Foley vs The Undertaker

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Hey guys, hope all is well. Recently rumors have been flying around about who the Undertaker will face this year at Wrestlemania. I'll be honest, 90% of the time I believe every wrestling rumor I hear and I don't see why Taker & Foley won't happen 2012 in Miami.

I'll make this short and sweet as to why this should happen. I know I'm jumping the gun because Foley hasn't even signed a WWE Contract yet but trust me, this will happen.

Here are a couple of reasons why I feel this match will be booked.

Mick Foley vs The Undertaker

1. Mick Foley's TNA Contract
His contract expires in September. Pretty much he went and tried to take his talents to TNA and pretty much didn't have that great of a run although I will say his feud with Ric Flair was one of the greatest feuds I've seen in a while. The build up with the promos was freakin amazing.

2. Mick Foley's desire to make a WWE return
The dude desperately wants to make a return up north. He tweets about it almost daily. He even tried to return on the Rock's birthday special on Raw not too long ago.

3. The Undertaker's health. Trustworthy opponent?
Since 2004, The Undertaker has battled through a number of key injuries. He's been doing the whole wrestle at Wrestlemania and take a long extended break.

But I believe in 2007-2008 is where his injuries really came into play and he had to really consider his future. Take a look back at the past Wrestlemania's and his past feuds and notice how they've been against veterans that he's had a history of working with,

Wrestlemania 27: Triple H
Wrestlemania 26. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania 25: Shawn Michaels

These are two guys that he has a history with and can trust in the ring ecause its always a risk when he's performing period. The last thing they want to do is put him against a guy with less experience like Wade Barrett.

Also this is the same reason why they put him back in a feud with Kane. The reason is he can trust Kane in the ring because they've battled for a long time and Kane's been around for a while, even as the "Dentist".

Infact, Undertaker's last real feud with a young guy was Cm Punk and the reason that worked was because Cm Punk is pretty much a master in the ring and has wrestled longer than many people his age.

The only young guys I would trust facing the Undertaker would be Daniel Bryan or Cm Punk.

So Why Choose Foley?
The Undertaker and Mick Foley had one of the greatest feuds in WWE history without a doubt. Their feud has to atleast be ranked in the top 5 of the greatest WWE feuds and maybe even the best feud of the 90s behind Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels.

These two have competed in a casket match, a Hell ina Cell match, a Bioler Room match, I mean they've done it all together.

Lets relive history. I mean for the past few years The Undertaker has only feuded with guys he battled in the past so why not relive history again.

Now I will agree, 90% chances are that they won't out do their performances together in the past especially the infamous Hell in a Cell match but they both proved they sill can go.

Alberto Del Rio? Wade Barrett? The Miz? HELL NO
I've heard people say one of these men might face the Undertaker. I think they both would be a horrible choice. The reason being is that Undertaker just doesn't fit into the category of feuding with a fresh character. Save that for people like Orton and Cena, they do a great job at feuding with the Up & Comers.

Oh and imagine what the Botchfest Del Rio would do to the Undertaker's poor body in a match. Jeez?

The Wrestlers other than Mick Foley that could battle the Undertaker?
There aren't many but if I'd choose I'd say....

1. Christian
2. Chris Jericho
3. Kane

If Taker retires at Mania 28?
If he's truly retiring at 20-0, then why not make it against his best opponent ever, Mick Foley. Mick is truly his best opponent. Now Undertaker has had better feuds with people like Kane. But as far as match quality, his best feud was against Mick Foley so I say we make it happen.

Thanks guys for reading my blog and please leave feedback. Let me know if you agree with Mick Foley battling Taker at Mania 28. Let me know if you don't agree. Let me know who you think his opponent should be. Thanks guys and be safe.

If you aren't busy, checkout one of tracks I pitched to the WWE as a theme for Night of Champions.
Jae Knox - "Legend in the Making"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvmK..._order&list=UL

Submit "Wrestlemania 28: Mick Foley vs The Undertaker" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 28: Mick Foley vs The Undertaker" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 28: Mick Foley vs The Undertaker" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 28: Mick Foley vs The Undertaker" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

good blog if taker is rdy 2 go tht mite steel da show cuz we all know tht cena is gona beat da rock jt becuz he cena
    Quote Originally Posted by the hybrid boxer
    good blog if taker is rdy 2 go tht mite steel da show cuz we all know tht cena is gona beat da rock jt becuz he cena
    Translation anyone?

But on a serious note,Mick Vs Undertaker would be a great match,undertaker could retire,Mick Foley can go back to his "Commissioner" role on Raw.(even let Undertaker stay in the WWE and take over Smackdown as GM,sotra bringing back his Ministry in a way.)

I'm all for this. If this match doesn't happen,i say we riot. If Cena Beats the rock,We Riot More and burn the WM Arena to the ground.
    Nice blog knox. I don't mind seeing Foley vs Taker at WM28, but I want to see Taker's "last match" be an amazing one, such as the series he had with Michaels. With Foley I just don't feel he can do it. Foley is a great hardcore wrestler, but not as great as a wrestler. But if its going to be anyone, I'd have it be him. Agreed completely about what you said about the younger guys (except Punk).
    I agree that the rumors or 'ideas' of having Cody Rhodes or Miz face Undertaker at Wrestlemania are ridiculous none the less. There is no time for a build-up, no experience, its just a random pick out of the hat. I understand wanting to push new guys, but it is way too early in their careers to be given a shot again The Dead Man. I wouldn't mind seeing Foley vs. Undertaker, I just hope they are both in well enough shape to sell the match, if it did ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    Nice blog knox. I don't mind seeing Foley vs Taker at WM28, but I want to see Taker's "last match" be an amazing one, such as the series he had with Michaels. With Foley I just don't feel he can do it. Foley is a great hardcore wrestler, but not as great as a wrestler. But if its going to be anyone, I'd have it be him. Agreed completely about what you said about the younger guys (except Punk).
    Taker will never…ever top his matches with Michaels.
    Foley can't do what he use to and put up a show like that against Taker. I think Taker is good for Kane or Randy.
    Good blog- well articulated and discussion is well thought out..

(I actually think that WM 28 will be a noticeable changing of the guard kinda wrestlemania)

Firstly, I will bet money on the fact that it's Undertakers final match as Michelle McCool is now out of wrestling presumably wanting to start family kinda stuff. Undertaker is injury prone now and can't work like he used too..

For a final match Foley is a good choice (and a more likely match at the moment)- Hell in a Cell was amazing between the two of them. And I believe that both understand that this will be the monumental match it needs to be and they could probably work out what it needs to be a great match..

<fantasy>My other contender (give me crap for it if you want but I would mark-out for it) is for WWE to get Sting.. TNA is WCW revised, get Stinger over for his last run ending in the final match for the both of them at Wrestlemania. Offer them enough money to retire, and get them both working behind the scene's </fantasy>

Punk could be the only contender from now.. But I really want to see Punk vs Jericho or Austin for WM28...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.