View RSS Feed

knox

Triple H & John Cena - The Ultimate Put-Overs

Rate this Entry
Hey guys hope all is well. I'm blogging today about Triple H & John Cena. Everytime people bring Cena & Triple H's name up I hear the same crap. They hog the spotlight, they never put anyone over and blah blah blah. Thats the total opposite. If you take a look at history Triple H & John Cena have put more people over than greats like Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle and many more greats.

Thats what I will always respect about Triple H & John Cena because we all know they have all the booking power in the world but they take the time to not make themselves look too good in the process which is more than I can say for political puppets like Randy Orton.

So lets take a look at some of their attempts to put stars over.

JOHN CENA:

First Title Reign:
1. Edge
2. Rob Van Dam
3. Sheamus

Many established WWE vets consider it a stab in the back to lose the belt to someone who's never been champ before. Cena did it three times. The golden boy that everyone bashes gave Edge, Sheamus & Rob Van Dam their first title run. Sheamus was a freakin' rookie. He damn near made history at Cena's expense.

People that Cena have tried to get pushed:
1. Kofi Kingston
2. Evan Bourne
3. Cryme Tyme
4. Zack Ryder

Cena goes out his way to make sure top quality guys are on telivision. I'm pretty sure Orton never went to the bookers and begged them to give Dolph Ziggler a push.

Cena tried to get Cryme Tyme a push and actually booked the sotryline when he was teaming with Cryme Tyme as CTC(Cryme Tyme Cena). He's gone to boot for Zack Ryder by appearing on his internet show, referring to him during promos, talking to people backstage and even tweeting on his behalf. He did his part to try and get Kofi a spot on television which started back in 2008. He's also gone to boot for Evan Bourne.

John Cena, Hulk Hogan comparison
No offense but please cut it with this comparison. Yeah, they are similar in the ring, they have a similar character and represent the samething. But one thing about being a complete WWE star is having that same attitude in the lockeroom.

Cena really represents his character because thats who he really is. He really is a guy that loves the kids, and is a stand up guy. Hulk Hogan was a freakin character, that was not the real Hogan being used on television. People often refer to gimmicks and characters. The greatest WWE stars are the guys who didn't carry a gimmick and were allowed to be themselves. Prime example, Stone Cold.

Hogan was a hero in the ring, but an overrated asshole in the lockeroom with all the booking power in the world. He turned his back on Vince twice and I wouldn't trust Mr. Spoiler in any promotion.

One thing that seperates Cena from him is his loyalty and respect for what he's doing. Cena would never leave the company for any reason what so ever.

Now, I know alot of visitors on this site grew up in the 80s Era and viewed Hogan as their hero. Yet you are the same people that bash Cena's fans for being kids. 90% of you all were the same little kids running around in your red & yellow pretending to be Hulk Hogan.

I grew up in the Cena era. I was a little kid when he won his first WWE title from JBL and have been a fan since. Now we all hate his character on television but when it comes to Hogan, Cena has his number. Hogan has made wrestling famous but Cena & Cm Punk have done a better job keeping it famous.

TRIPLE H:

First Title Reign:
1. Vince McMahon
2. The Big Show
3. Hulk Hogan (his firt reign since returning to the WWE)
4. Goldberg
5. Chris Benoit
6. Batista
7. Jeff Hardy

The list above are the people that won their first WWE title against Triple H. I gues McMahon doesn't count. Hulk Hogan is on the list because it was his first World Title since returning to WWE. But the other names are legit. Triple H dropped the title to give these guys their first run and many people don't do that.

People he put over:
1. Chris Benoit (Tapped Out at Wrestlemania XX)
2. John Cena (Tapped Out at Wrestlemania)
3. Randy Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Jeff Hardy

The names above are the careers he elevated to bigger heights. Randy Orton's name wouldn't be as credible if it wasn't for the battles he had with Triple H. People like Sheamus got his 2nd real push at the expense of Triple H.

Guys the point I'm trying to make is that Triple H & John Cena should be recognized as the pure leaders of this whacky business called the WWE. They show no signs of hogging the spotlight, they just play their part. A true leader is one who goes the extra route to help others along the way and thats what Triple H & John Cena do. Wade Barrett got his major push at the expense of Cena as well.

When I think of the greatest of all time, I always think of Triple H. You see people like Hogan wanted the spotlight his whole career and even acts that way to this day.

Thanks guys for reading this blog and please leave feedback. Also please check out the song I sent to the WWE as a possible PPV theme, manily Night of Champions theme. Let me know what you think, just click the youtube link. Until then, be safe guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvmK..._order&list=UL

Submit "Triple H & John Cena - The Ultimate Put-Overs" to Digg Submit "Triple H & John Cena - The Ultimate Put-Overs" to del.icio.us Submit "Triple H & John Cena - The Ultimate Put-Overs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Triple H & John Cena - The Ultimate Put-Overs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Finally someone makes sense! Great read my friend,I agree with all what you said.
    for the first title reign edge was champion when jeff won it and jeff pinned edge but aside from that a faultless blog
    Saying Haitch Hogan over, I disagree. Hogan was already over. What it came down to was clash of the egos and Hogan won.
    Sorry but how does Cena put over Edge if Edge has been wrestling longer than John Cena and Edge already had a fan base so Nope!!! Cena did not put Edge over he didn't need it. Rod Van Dam is the same thing RVD already had a fan base didn't need John Cena to get him over he already was since you grew up in the Cena era you still need allot to learn cuz your eyes just see Cena Cena and Cena but no one else i don't care if Cena is a hard worker and loyal sorry buddy but everyone else backstage are hard working and loyal but you don't see them bragging about it in there promos like Cena always does. As a kid when I watched wrestling back in 1989 I was never a Hogan fan never liked and still don't like him same goes for Cena never a fan of his and never will. EWN people are nothing but ass kissing Cena fans cuz he's a Hard Worker and Loyal to WWE but what does he do to entertain you people seriously because of you keep cheering on Cena your gonna be seeing the same shit for another 9 more years
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsckilla23
    Sorry but how does Cena put over Edge if Edge has been wrestling longer than John Cena and Edge already had a fan base so Nope!!! Cena did not put Edge over he didn't need it. Rod Van Dam is the same thing RVD already had a fan base didn't need John Cena to get him over he already was since you grew up in the Cena era you still need allot to learn cuz your eyes just see Cena Cena and Cena but no one else i don't care if Cena is a hard worker and loyal sorry buddy but everyone else backstage are hard working and loyal but you don't see them bragging about it in there promos like Cena always does. As a kid when I watched wrestling back in 1989 I was never a Hogan fan never liked and still don't like him same goes for Cena never a fan of his and never will. EWN people are nothing but ass kissing Cena fans cuz he's a Hard Worker and Loyal to WWE but what does he do to entertain you people seriously because of you keep cheering on Cena your gonna be seeing the same shit for another 9 more years
    Putting over a wrestler doesn't mean you made their career worthy. I'n not taking anything from Edge or RVD, they both were established upper midcarders. And even though Edge has been around doesn't mean that Cena didn't help elevate his career. Edge won his first major title from Cena and they had a well developed feud that led to great heights for both of them.

Cena had the belt for 10 months and lost it to Edge. They both glorified each other's career. Edge could've won the belt from anyone but the fact of the matter is Cena happened to be the champ he won the belt from.

I'm not a Cena ass kisser, I just grew up on the guy and respect his work. As a 20 year old guy, I'm not going to turn on Cena just because he has a whacky character now. He may not be the only guy who works his ass off but its apart of his gimmick so he mentions it in his promos.

Hell, The Miz, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler worked their asses off to get where they are but they don't put it in their promos because it isnt apart of their gimmick. But Daniel Bryan talks about how much he worked his ass off becuase thats apart of his talented underdog gimmick.
    True words. I never get the venom towards Triple H, the guy is all about the business. He clawed, asskissed, studied the game, worked out, juiced, bled, and was set back (MSG-incident) to get where he is, and I respect that.
    Cena putting Edge and RVD?? It is a joke..Edge has all popular than Cena can ever think of..Edge deserved a title much before Cena and so do RVD..Also, Cens's win over Edge in a TLC match is a huge lead down to Edge's fans..Come ON how can Edge lose a match which is his speciality to CENA?? Cena do not look like climbing a ladder and Edge who's master of ladder matches losing to him is all pissing...

That was the ultimate point where I started hating Cena (starting being his win over Kurt Angle)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.