View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Move over Undertaker & Triple H. CM Punk & John Cena has STOLEN your spot!

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Remember earlier this year we said Triple H and Undertaker was going to be the match of the year in 2011. Don't most of you feel silly for saying that after watching the Money In The Bank 2011 main event? I know I do.

Any so-called wrestling fan that says CM Punk and John Cena did not go out and tear up that ring with great wrestling, storytelling, psychology, crowd involvement and reaction, and everything else you can want in a main event match is out of their fucking mind. Unlike Triple H and Taker, this one actually had a good storyline and build up to it. Granted, CM Punk had the Oscar-winning performance, but Cena and Vince both did a great job contributing to it as well. We thought Triple H and Undertaker had great false finishes? This match gave us finishes I never thought I'd see. Who expected to see CM Punk not only escape from an STFU, but then counter a second into the Anaconda Vice? Who else expected CM Punk to kick out of not one but TWO Attitude Adjustments or FUs? Above all else ... WHO EXPECTED JOHN CENA TO ACTUALLY BRING IT AND SHOWCASE SOME WRESTLING ABILITY ALONG WITH AN NEW ARSENAL OF MOVES AGAINST CM PUNK? That last one above all else made me feel good inside. I think Cena might have read Chavo's tweet before going out to that ring tonight.

This might just be because I am completely high off of this great PPV, but being this is my blog I'm going to say whatever I feel. CM Punk and John Cena currently hold the title for BEST MATCH OF THE YEAR thus far in 2011. This match tops the Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards match at Best of the world. This match tops every match Randy Orton and Christian has had this year. Hell, this match even tops the Fatal 4 Way Contract Match we got at TNA Destination X. As a matter of fact, Money In The Bank 2011 blew Destination X out of the fucking water in my opinion. But getting back on topic, I was so enthralled by the MITB main event match that I would not mind putting this over Triple H and Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27. I can proudly tell you that CM Punk vs. John Cena was definitely better than Undertaker & Triple H.

This match did so many things right, it is fucking ridiculous. Let's start off with the obvious first.

A NEW STAR IS MADE AND HIS NAME IS CM PUNK

-- Regardless of whether Punk is leaving WWE or not, wherever he decides to go, all the momentum in the world will follow him. This storyline where he is the outspoken rebel that stood up against the corporate rule of Vince McMahon has turned him into a golden nugget in the wrestling business. He has given us top quality promos and top quality matches to boot. Only good things can come from this man in the future. If WWE is smart, they better hope it is not in ROH.

AN UNEXPECTED ENDING

-- Although we thought about it, did any of us TRULY expect CM Punk to win the championship from John Cena? Not only that, did ANY of us expect CM Punk to walk out of Money In The Bank the world champion? I thought it was crazy enough that he beat Cena, but when he also evaded an attempted cash-in by Alberto Del Rio and knocked him out with a roundhouse kick, I almost pissed myself. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE put up a "TO BE CONTINUED" caption at the end of the show, because it was such a huge cliff hanger that I'm sure many fans can hardly sleep as I type up this blog.

INTEREST FOR UPCOMING MONDAY NIGHT RAW

-- For the first time in a long time, I actually caught myself saying, "Damn, I can't wait for Monday Night RAW tomorrow night." Do you know how long it has been since I actually said that to myself? The last time I truly said I can't wait till Monday Night RAW next week was when D-Generation X reunited in 2006. God, I'm going to feel so depressed when this storyline is over with.

PG-TV CAN WORK

-- Above all else, this storyline is a prime example that wrestling CAN be entertaining in the PG Era. It proved how you don't need things to be how they were in the Atittude Era for wrestling to be entertaining. You don't need blood or certain superstars to come back for you to like WWE again. All you truly need are two wrestlers who can deliver a good match inside the ring and create an authentic and realistic storyline that will get you emotionally invested. If WWE can continue to do this, we might be looking to head into a NEW golden age.

Those are only three things this match did for me. Can I honestly say Triple H and Undertaker did that for me? Not really and I guessing you can't either. If anything, Triple H and Undertaker just set a high standard on how matches should be delivered. Guess what? CM Punk and John Cena just raised that bar even higher. So, in bringing this blog to a close, I want to say thank you CM Punk and John Cena for a great main event and for helping to make Money In The Bank 2011 a memorable PPV.

It's time for Triple H & Undertaker to move aside. The reigning champion for BEST MATCH OF 2011 goes to John Cena and CM Punk. No questions asked.

Thank you for reading. Comments are appreciated.

Submit "Move over Undertaker & Triple H. CM Punk & John Cena has STOLEN your spot!" to Digg Submit "Move over Undertaker & Triple H. CM Punk & John Cena has STOLEN your spot!" to del.icio.us Submit "Move over Undertaker & Triple H. CM Punk & John Cena has STOLEN your spot!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Move over Undertaker & Triple H. CM Punk & John Cena has STOLEN your spot!" to Google

Updated 07-18-2011 at 03:44 AM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You have a lot of point and like you said, this match was better than HHH VS Taker, the whole angle was better.

But like you said, Taker and HHH set the bar and in the end that is what it is all about, wouldn't it be sad if the best match of the year happened iat the beginning of the 2nd quarter of the year? that would have meant none learned anything from that.

CM Punk and Cena did learn form it and topped it, even Vince learned from that Mania match and give them the right amount of time to top it.

In the end that is what this is all about, get better and better as time passes and They did, not just with that match but with the entire PPV.

Indeed the match of the year.
    Updated 07-18-2011 at 07:04 PM by maar13
    I pretty sure it was good match and the out come was great. But in all do respect Undertaker was still recovering from surgery when came back and wrestled. Not to mention he is 46 and still bring his A game. HHH and can put on a good match also. In no doubt Punk can deliver he proves that. Cena on the other hand different question.
    if you call that match of the year i don't think you and i watch the same match tere was so many botched moves that it took it away from what would have been a match of year. But a match of a year cn nothave that many botches.

The FU onto punks feet,
    The cena jump powerbomb almosthrthis neck aggain
    The2 missed GTS by punk (although i blame cena for that)
    Had to register just to say this...calling the Undertaker vs Triple H match at WM27 match of the year is a joke. It was the most boring Undertaker WM match in recent memory and had absolutely nothing memorable. I thought maybe that match would be able to wash the horrible taste the rest of the ppv left in my mouth but when i can correctly guess exactly how the match is going to go then you aren't really doing a good job entertaining me. The Undertaker wrestlemania formula is now this: Do old school moves for a little while get tired and then kick out of each others finishers for 10 min. just like it's been for the past couple years..not to mention all the promises of brutality leading up to a match with one chair shot and a sledgehammer that gets pulled out and not even used..match of the year? no i'm pretty sure anything on Impact is better than that
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsandman13
    i'm pretty sure anything on Impact is better than that
    How fucking high are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsandman13
    Had to register just to say this...calling the Undertaker vs Triple H match at WM27 match of the year is a joke. It was the most boring Undertaker WM match in recent memory and had absolutely nothing memorable. I thought maybe that match would be able to wash the horrible taste the rest of the ppv left in my mouth but when i can correctly guess exactly how the match is going to go then you aren't really doing a good job entertaining me. The Undertaker wrestlemania formula is now this: Do old school moves for a little while get tired and then kick out of each others finishers for 10 min. just like it's been for the past couple years..not to mention all the promises of brutality leading up to a match with one chair shot and a sledgehammer that gets pulled out and not even used..match of the year? no i'm pretty sure anything on Impact is better than that
    Why because in TNA the X division uses finishers during the entire match? or because Kurt Angle as good as he is puts a finisher every 3 minutes? And because you thing that brutality means bust a guy wide open and no sell a damn thing until out of nowhere the lamest finisher do the trick?

What a lame comment, seriously.
    punk cena was better but taker undertaker was special, maybe it was beat into us that it was great i dont know, but i enjoyed it anyway. The difference is that punk and cena are at their peak and taker and trips are veterans.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.