View RSS Feed

Chrisb88

Summerslam predictions/rambling

Rate this Entry
Alright guys this is my first blog so forgive me if I do a poor job. I would also like to say that although I have posted the matches on here, it does not mean I like them or believe they will actually be on the card. Its just a possibility.

So lets start with the obvious CM Punk vs John Cena - This has more or less been confirmed already. The only thing that I could see being done differently is perhaps a stipulation being added or even Rey Mysterio being added to the match. However the match up does not need anything to be added and Rey being added would probably harm it. The only thing i really have to say about this is: Punk had better win. I don't want to see him return just to be buried

Randy Orton vs Christian (No holds barred) - Not sure if the stipulation is right but oh well. There has been a lot of theories on Edge being the special guest referee which could happen. I doubt it though as a special guest referee doesn't really suit this kind of match-up. Randy will probably and unfortunatly win. Either way I just hope this feud ends after Summerslam.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston vs Evan Bourne - This match seems somewhat unlikely however I think its the best US title match we could get at Summerslam (if there is one). Evan being in there would help make sure that this match is not boring like previous Ziggler Vs Kingston matches (due to the amount that its been over done). Ziggler obviously wins, especially seeing as hes got a new 'cool' version of his old theme music, most likely due to Vicky. This will set us up for a future DZ vs Evan Bourne feud or the same crap we've seen many times before...

Big Zeke vs Cody Rhodes - I have no idea why but Cody was not on the previous Smackdown. I will be writing a formal complaint. To make up for this I say give him an intercontinental title match! Cody is one of the best talents on Smackdown by far. In my opinion, much better than Zeke. This match would be the perfect way to put him over (even more). Cody beats the guy that is much bigger than he is and puts a bag on his head which I admit, could be seen as somewhat racist. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Oh, for the record, Cody could be one of the best IC champions we've had in a very long time!

Daniel Bryan vs Alberto Del Rio (submissions match) - Very unlikely to happen and it would probably annoy a lot of people due to the seperate brand situation but this would be a very interesting match. The main reason why I would have this on the card is so Daniel Bryan could be put over without hurting Del Rio. Del Rio has been built up well enough to put someone over without harming his own character. Also with both of these guys having submission finishers, this would be a great chance to use this stipulation.

I considered the possibility of a Miz vs Triple H feud after the Miz's interview on RAW however that seems to be somewhat of a wild guess. Instead I will be boring....

Miz vs Rey Mysterio - just so both these guys are on the card. It should be a good match aswell... Miz should win but I doubt he will.

John Morrison vs R-Truth (Street fight) - This more or less has to happen after Morrison's return. The street fight stipulation just seems to make sense for a feud like this. Hopefully Morrison has actually been working on his mic skills enough to enhance this feud. Morrison is most likely to win this to boost his popularity back up.

Other various things:
There will be a divas match, but I don't care for that.
There was also something on Smackdown between Sheamus and Wade Barrett but i doubt that will make the card.
Mark Henry will probably smash up the place in a King Kong fashion at some point.
Zack Ryder could also make an appearence?

Here are a few things that I really, really hope don't make the card:
1. Heath Slater
2. Booket T - no need for his rambling now that JRs back (thank god)
3. Khali
4. Any rookie off NXT
5. Mae Young
6. A divas match unless Beth Pheonix/Natalya are in it!
7. Yoshi Tatsu - too cheerful for someone who will never get pushed
8. Keith Stone - as someone from the UK we don't really have many Keith Stone adverts. So could someone please answer this: how in the holy hell do women find him hot?! Stay away from my television Keith!

So those are my predictions with quite a bit of rambling. Hope you enjoyed the blog and please comment! I would love to hear what you all think of the blog, what you think will be at Summerslam and what you hope isn't on the card!

Submit "Summerslam predictions/rambling" to Digg Submit "Summerslam predictions/rambling" to del.icio.us Submit "Summerslam predictions/rambling" to StumbleUpon Submit "Summerslam predictions/rambling" to Google

Comments

Decent first blog. Unfortunately for me in recent years, Summerslam has been a dissapointment. Each one has its few highlights, but the event overall is mediocre for one of the Big 4 PPVs.
    What I think is likely to happen:

*CM Punk vs John Cena-WWE title unification
    *Randy Orton vs Christian-WHC
    *The Miz vs Rey Mysterio
    *R-Truth vs John Morrison
    *Kelly Kelly vs Eve/some other boring Diva-Divas title
    *Cody Rhodes vs Ezekiel Jackson-IC title
    *The tagteam titles shouldn't be defended, with the Night of Champions PPV coming up. If it was, then the NOC PPV concept is pointless. Although, we may see a dark match with The Usos vs Otunga and Hennig
    *Sheamus vs Mark Henry-with the talks about Sheamus becoming a babyface and having a feud with Henry, I see the WWE rushing into this by having their first big match at Summerslam

Unfortunately Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio will be left off the card.
    Decent first blog. Unfortunately for me in recent years, Summerslam has been a dissapointment. Each one has its few highlights, but the event overall is mediocre for one of the Big 4 PPVs.

*The Miz vs Rey Mysterio
    *The tagteam titles shouldn't be defended, with the Night of Champions PPV coming up. If it was, then the NOC PPV concept is pointless. Although, we may see a dark match with The Usos vs Otunga and Hennig
    *Sheamus vs Mark Henry-with the talks about Sheamus becoming a babyface and having a feud with Henry, I see the WWE rushing into this by having their first big match at Summerslam

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One

*The Miz vs Rey Mysterio

Thanks its good to see that I didn't make a mess of it!
    Yeah the Sheamus vs MArk Henry thing will be on it (I realised after watching smackdown). Hopefully Sheamus will get the win.
    However I'm still predicting a US title match somewhere on the card.
    What I think:
    Cena vs Punk
    Christian vs Orton No Holds Barred
    Sheamus vs Henry
    Jackson vs Rhodes
    ADR vs Kingston
    Kelly vs Phoenix
    Mysterio vs Miz
    Bryan vs Barrett

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.