View RSS Feed

Mr.Turtle

Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 2

Rate this Entry
Hi this is the second part of my Judgement Day 2000 DVD review. I recommend that you read first part of my review if you haven't. If you have glad you're reading Part 2 .

Ok so lets get on with it . . .

Falls Count Anywhere: The Big Show vs. Shane McMahon
Brief hype package showing how this came about (Shane was disappointed in Show's goofing around. Show cried.) and really did a good job building this as a major match. Big Show waddles to the ring as Shane jumps over the top rope to dive on show. But he catches Shane and slams him into the ring post. Show commences the ass-kicking (literally at one point) until Big Bossman comes out and goes all nightstick happy on show until show powerbombs him. Test, Trish Stratus and Albert (T&A) are out next and Trish low blows Show. He no-sells it and throw Trish outside the ring at the other members of T&A.

Meanwhile 'Simba' (what Jerry was calling Shane during the match it gets annoying after a while) crawls like a baby to the entrance ramp until show catches up to him and throws him at the stage which he did previously which peeved me a little (they showed it in the hype package). show gets roughed up a little by Shane and T&A but fights back to stop Shane essentially doing a high spot. Bull Buchanan makes the save for Shane and traps show's leg Shane then gets a CEMENT cinder block and cracks it on Show head to make it worse the cinder block crumbled like BP shares after a gulf of Mexico oil spill rendering the whole spot (match) rather pathetic pin at 7:13 ish I didn't like this match since it had no new major spots, felt like a 6 on 1 handicap match; and a frankly ridiculous spot with a supposed cement cinder block i'll leave it at 3/4* and not discuss it again.

Meanwhile in the land of ridiculous WWF comedy Mr.Brisco is hiding in a room with two refs. He closes his eyes for a couple of seconds and the refs creep towards him. he opens his eyes and sees them he goes Ape doody and runs.

Cuts to Shawn and HHH talking. Hunter is looking very orange.

Intercontinental Title, Submission Match: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho.
A little Hype Package that does a real good job of highlighting how good each man's submission finisher is by showing a montage of some established names tapping to the hold. on the last Smackdown Hardcore Holly attacked Chris Benoit and injured his knee. Not sure if anything materialized from this. Before we begin any review of a DVD i do (if i do anymore). I shall review every match on the card. I thought now would be a good time to mention this as some people find Chris Benoit a very sensitive subject and I understand that, however i feel it's the right thing to review every aspect of a DVD if you are doing a review of it.

Moving on . . . Benoit takes control of the match early until Jericho locks in a Fujiwara Armbar. they exchange reversals until Benoit lands a shoulderbreaker that fits in nicely with the stipulation of the match. Benoit continues to attack the shoulder using a diving headbutt before getting spring board drop kicked on to the floor. Meanwhile, Val Venis gives a T.V a scary stare for the cameras. Jericho gets Irish whipped into the steel steps but Jericho fights back by dropping Benoit's injured knee on it. Back in the ring now as Jericho takes charge of the match until Jericho misses a charge and goes shoulder first into the ring post. Benoit goes back to work on Jericho's shoulder. Jericho tries to fight back but gets a well executed snap suplex for his effort. Benoit works on the shoulder some more locking in a cross armlock, Jericho gets to the ropes and breaks the hold before they cut to Hardcore Holly giving another T.V his hardman stare for the cameras.

Jericho gets some more momentum working on Benoit's knee before removing his knee brace and whipping the injured knee with it. Jericho hits the lionsault then does a cool spot where he does a rope assisted walls of Jericho on Benoit. Benoit fights out and hits a two German suplexes before reversing the walls of Jericho into the crippler crossface with the help of the knee brace. The ref eventually stops it because Jericho doesn't submit but is out of it. Benoit retains at 13:28 Great match from beginning to end i was hooked and the ending made both guys look good (Benoit won but Jericho never gave up). All in all it'd be criminal to give less than **** so i'll give ****
In the final installment of the Brisco saga he gets suspicious and attacks food vendors.Riveting.

The Rock confronts Shawn in the next cut scene to increase the intrigue in the match.

Tag Team Table Match: Road Dogg & X-Pac (w/Tori) vs. The Dudley Boyz.
DX come out to there 2000 theme which i like a lot BTW. They show Tori putting Bubba through a table and Bubba giving us his creepy stare off into the distance for the cameras to hype the match. Nothing really noteworthy to start off. Tori distracts the referee to allow the dudleyz to do a "Whatz up?" on X-pac and road dogg.That was smart by Tori. DX try to bail after that but end up getting caught by the dudleyz. Bubba shows Tori his sex pest stare. Devon gets double teamed and gets bronco bustered. Devon gets a hot tag to Bubba after a few minuets of being isolated and double teamed, Bubba cleans house and to the enjoyment of me,the fans and the Dudleyz Bubba screams "get the tables!". Devon eats wood first thanks to road dogg. Then, in a weird moment, X-pac set Devon (who was already eliminated) onto a table stacked in the corner and attempted to bronco buster him, luckily Bubba broke it up, but it would've been amusing to watch. X-pac is powerbombed by Bubba through a table and eliminated leaving Bubba and road dogg left. the ref is thrown through a table. Just for funsies. road dogg is 3-D'd but the ref is out. Smart move Bubba. Gerald Brisco comes out and makes the save for Tori who was nearly powerbombed by Bubba through a table. X-pac does the X-Factor from the top rope to the table for the win at 10:55. Meh **1/4

Some creepy girls sing a nursery rhyme to hype a return of The Undertaker. I think they used it for Judgement Day 2002 as well which i have. If you would like me to review that you can leave a comment below . And that's the end of part two i thank you for reading this and i will start part 3 right away.

Submit "Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 2" to Digg Submit "Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 2" to Google

Updated 07-28-2011 at 12:37 PM by Mr.Turtle

Tags: review
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You have potential, but this review didn't help you. The entire review seems lackluster and it didn't educate me on what was really going on nor did you really explain why a match was good or not. Work on formatting the review. It was really hard to read in certain places because some parts weren't spaced properly. Maybe you should use some bold so your reviews look more organized; it will also make it easier for the readers. Lastly, this is a review on a wrestling blog. Don't write like it's twitter. Capitalize words that need to be capitalized. Proofreading helps.
    Updated 07-31-2011 at 12:28 AM by Kyle Fitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Fitta
    You have potential, but this review didn't help you. The entire review seems lackluster and it didn't educate me on what was really going on nor did you really explain why a match was good or not. Work on formatting the review. It was really hard to read in certain places because some parts weren't spaced properly. Maybe you should use some bold so your reviews look more organized; it will also make it easier for the readers. Lastly, this is a review on a wrestling blog. Don't write like it's twitter. Capitalize words that need to be capitalized. Proofreading helps.
    I've just read over this part and I will agree with you that it could be better. Next time i shall take your comments on board and try and improve my blog (and proofread as well). The main reason for this 3-part blog was to see if it had potential and how I could improve. Hopefully over time and will become more coherent and I will probably spread the review/blog out over a couple of days so I can proofread and improve my grammar to a far better extent. I'd like to thank you for your feedback as it has helped (i don't want to appear snooty or ungrateful) i hope you enjoy my blog next time as I will have, hopefully, improved

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.