View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Top 4 PPVs of 2011 (WWE and Impact)

Rate this Entry
Alright this is my first blog so go easy on the bashing.

1. Money in the Bank- The Punk promo got everyone excited about this and no one knew how the match would end. The fact that they tried both the screw-job and cash in endings made it better. The money in the bank matches were pretty good also. I liked Smackdown's better because it was much harder to predict and a better match in my opinion.
2. Destination-X- Great X-Division action and the contract match is match of the year material. Styles vs Danials was a good main event to. Plus, Impact kept some of their best guys off the PPV (something WWE will never do with Cena or Orton).
3. Wrestlemania- It's the biggest WWE PPV of the year. There were some things I hated (Snookie) but it turned out pretty good and The Rock came back for this one which saved the buy-rate. But most importantly it was Edge's last night.
4. Lockdown- I will probably start getting bashed here but I stand by this. I loved the Xscape match, 4-way tornado tag, and the Angle vs Jarret Ultra Man Rules was the best match in the rivalry (besides Slammiversary).

Hope you enjoyed the blog. Please comment, leave feedback, or put your own list on here.

Submit "Top 4 PPVs of 2011 (WWE and Impact)" to Digg Submit "Top 4 PPVs of 2011 (WWE and Impact)" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 4 PPVs of 2011 (WWE and Impact)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 4 PPVs of 2011 (WWE and Impact)" to Google

Comments

Good list. I'd replace Lockdown with Elimination Chamber or Royal Rumble though.
    Yeah, RR was great this year. Del Rio is getting old now because his promos are so over the top and cheesy. "MY NAME.... IS ALBERTO... DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! -cheesy arm pumps- But you already heard this promo." However when he won the Rumble I was really excited, and Bryan vs Ziggler was great. Wrestlemania, not so great. THEY PULLED BRYAN/SHEAMUS FROM THE CARD. Destination-X was better than Lockdown, too, even though His Fucking Holiness Eric Bischoff made an appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM Tea
    THEY PULLED BRYAN/SHEAMUS FROM THE CARD.
    Now that I think about it, could they have already decided to put him in Mania next year? If so, what does that mean for his matchup?
    Daniel Bryan vs Christian , I like the sound of that
    RR would have been 4 it was just the Cena and Hornswaggle thing that kept it out. It is an easy number 5 though.
    Elimination chamber was fantastic this year, both chamber matches where cracking to watch. As for the rumble - Edge vs Ziggler was probally the second best Wrestling match of the year (Punk vs Cena easy #1). Maina was very poor, it shouldn't be on the list IMO they dropped the ball.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.