View RSS Feed

King Scrapper

The Miz...Explain your hate..

Rate this Entry
I simply do not understand why so many people(IWC community) dislike the Miz. Before he was champion, everyone in their mothers were so stoked when he won the MITB and were sooo anticipating for him to cash in the briefcase. He win's the title and everyone turns on a dime and starts thinking that he doesnt deserve the title.

Miz has been in WWE since about 2006. He has come from one of the most stupid piece of shit gimmicks ever with the most stupid TNA style attire and completely transformed him self at the end of 2009 to a more realistic egotistical, spotlight stealing asshole. The Miz currently does not have it all, but he's pretty damn close to it.

His in ring work isnot horrible. It's just a little bit above average. His promo work is highly above average. For all you Punk lovers, no he isnt as good as CM Punk but he definitely is in the top 5 in WWE, possibly top 3. The amount of media exposure he gets outside of the ring is probably more than anyone else in the WWE besides John Cena, and since Miz came from a reality tv background, the exposure he gets is even more beneficial to the company. ESPN, MTV, local news, TMZ all picked up stories about him winning the title because he came from a basic tv background. he didnt start his career as a wrestler.

I think that's where a lot of the hate comes from. The fact that he was a reality tv star but that's not an adequate excuse to dislike the Miz. He still worked his ass off to get in the WWE. he still went on tough enough, didnt win, and then still worked to get in the door. once in the door, no one liked him, doubted him, hazed him, and so he worked his ass off for 5 years to gain respect, win a world title and date Maryse's fine ass.

At TV events, the Miz controls the crowd. you know when he's out. He still gets a phenomenal pop when his music hits. At MITB, the crowd was going crazy when he ran back out to the ring, to the point where they were cheering their asses off to see him get the belt and when Mysterio stopped him, they gave Rey some of the biggest heat of the night.

The Miz is over. Without a doubt. I like him, i respect him and I want to see more of him.

Please comment below.

Submit "The Miz...Explain your hate.." to Digg Submit "The Miz...Explain your hate.." to del.icio.us Submit "The Miz...Explain your hate.." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Miz...Explain your hate.." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    must admit im not a big miz fan, if he began pumping the steroids id buy into him being main event quality a lot more. Though i generally have a hard time believing him or mysterio could kick ass, theyre too small. Punk on the other hand is canny. A man of mizs size would have to appear to me that hes smarter that the average bear. He suprised me with his title run though, at some points he looked capable.
    I don't like him. It has nothing to do with his pre-WWE life though.

He just does nothing for me as a performer. His ring work is alright. Getting better at least. Except his finisher. He needs some crazy submission or something, or maybe go back to one of his old ones.

His promo ability is just a turn off for me though. During the lead up to and then his run as champion, all of his promos were little more than an impression of Jericho's last heel run. Slow, monotone, but lacking Jericho's natural charisma. And while "I'm the Miz, and I'm awesome!" might be a good catchphrase for the current PG product, hearing it makes me want to change the channel.

I won't deny he works hard though. But he's not "top guy" material right now. Maybe someday. But he needs to do something about his gimmick and promo. Being "awesome" has taken him about as far as it can IMO. And his gimmick is generic. Nothing exciting there as far as I'm concerned.

But as for a a few specific points in this blog, at MITB, Miz got a big pop because it was a heel crowd. Damn near every heel was cheered more than the faces. Even Del Rio got a big pop for winning, after months of getting almost no heat. A pop at that PPV doesn't mean much in the long run.

And yes, the IWC was glad when he won the MITB briefcase. They were glad because that meant WWE was FINALLY going to push someone, ANYONE, new. But when they realized that Miz was more of the same stuff, they turned on him. No one cares that he was on a reality show.

He has a lot of upside, but so far, he's just not that "awesome".
    He just reminds me of a snobby little jock rich kid. His character is the type of guy to talk shit and run away with his "bros". I can't stand anything about him. I don't believe anything he says. Now, that Del Rio guy, he's a fuckin heel.
    The Miz = Jesus
    Compared to how green he was when he started, he's come a loooooong way and I really respect the guy for it. I dont hate the Miz either, he needs to step up on a few things like his promo work other than that he's got great potential to be the next biggest thing
    well in conclussion there is people who like him and people who simply dont like it i dont like him becouse im not of those who eat just storilynes i really dont give a shit for storilynes what i want to see is wrestling and Miz since before he become WWE Champion wasnt giving the size in what wrestlings skills we are talking about but i dont know too much about the IWC in USA but people here seems to enjoy him more than they do un hispanic countries but of course thats just an opinion Miz is gonna be the next Cena but the difference is people enjoy him now becouse he is heel lets see when he becomes face and star to screw of the carrer of people 1000 times better than him... oh wait.... he already does it!!!!!!
    I came to a a few conclusions too.
    *Some people in the IWC are fucking hipocrits.
    *You either like The Miz, or you hate him (respect is a given)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.