View RSS Feed

King Scrapper

They will win the title one day/Wade Barret

Rate this Entry
First blog post!

Wade Barret is a great wrestler and will obviously win the title one day, but you cant expect for the WWE to put a strap on somebody so soon. Every legend in recent memory worked mid card for YEARS before they got their first shot.

*These numbers are not accurate but very close estimates

The Rock: Almost two to three years before winning a world title.
Stone Cold: Almost 4 years
Triple H: Almost 4 years
The Miz: 6 years
CM Punk: 6 years
The Undertaker: 5+ years
John Cena: 4 years
Kane: 2 years(not another title again for about 10 years lol)
Big Show: 3 years
Randy Orton: 3 years
Edge: 7 years

And the list goes on...

in the last few years they have put the belt on a couple of guys a little bit faster (Swagger, Sheamus) but look where that got them. No where. When the WWE puts the title on guys after a few years of really investing in their character, they typically remain in the main event scene for the rest of their careers.

I rather have the WWE take their time and flesh out Wade's character and personality before they give him a title. He has too much potential to just throw a strap on him and have him lose it two PPVs later. That also goes for a lot of other guys in the back as well. They need to work for a while before they get a major belt. Should Daniel Bryan win the title. Hell no. In my opinion he hasnt proven himself much in the WWE. But the IWC tends to feel that as soon as they see someone that's pretty good but hasnt been pushed needs to immediately win a world title.

I just think that the IWC needs to have more patience with today's wrestlers career paths. Vince hit it on the mark when he said that he thinks long term. That's better for the business. It makes people keep watching to see when and if there favorite wrestler wins a major title one day and how.

Please voice opinions below.

Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to Digg Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to del.icio.us Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to StumbleUpon Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I totally agree with that , but most people are thinking about Daniel Bryan losing the briefcase
    Good Blog - Short n Sweet.

I fully agree with the mindset of building a star not a one hit wonder. Making the IC Belt or Tag Team Belts mean something again by having them be successfully defended on TV. Not used as a gimic so your superstar has something to take with him to media events.

With the talent pool WWE has they can easily make meaningful feuds that matter. IC Title Hunt alone Dolph, Shameus, Wade, Kofi, Bryan, and DiBiase just to name a few. I think Dusty needs to start booking again - we got PG ratings for life -- how bout we go old school with PG Bookings.
    Yea their characters need to develop at the mid-card level, probably strap a mid-card title on them and see if they can handle it. PS I think it took Taker 1 year to win a world title if I'm not mistaken, I'm jus sayin...
    @steveorton. I think it may have been one year for him as well. I thought about that after i wrote the post lol
    Like the blog, clear cut and straight to the point. Just out of curiosity, do you think Drew or Ted will be a world champ too? I hope too God they stop jobbing these two.
    Punk debuted in mid 2006 and won his first title in mid 2008... meaning he only waited 2 years, not 6.
    @Dude573 Drew maybe. Ted dibiase, for some reason i'm doubtful of his longevity with the WWE. Just a funny feeling.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.