View RSS Feed

Big JM

The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman

Rate this Entry
I know I am not the only person talking about this topic and I really want to get my two cents in, so here it goes. Triple H is expected to be the new TV authority figure of the WWE, so we all suspect/believe at least. So with John 'Johnny Ace' Laurinaitis appearing on screen twice now and having an article and apology written about him as 'McMahon's stooge', one has to think where this will go for HHH as the on-screen boss.

Many are already saying that Punk vs. HHH is the new Austin vs. McMahon. I personally am one to agree. But let's be frank, Johnny Ace, though a former wrestler like Vince's stooges, doesn't really fit with how the public remembers/talks about HHH. It is no secret that people suspect John is in hot water for failing to resign hot stars like Jericho or keeping regulars like Chavo Jr. Perhaps this is why Punk solely named him as the 'douche bag yes-man' out of others on RAW a few weeks back, though to be fair, John is probably the most famous/most discussed one of them all.

Taking a bump for Vince's sake, getting slugged for the failure of Punk leaving with the belt, and then appearing on TV the next night like nothing happened has 'stooge' man written all over John's face. Perhaps this is to get him on his toes or give him something else to do when he is replaced, as many already suspect will be happening.

So I will go and state the obvious: The Kliq should definitely be HHH's stooges/corporate TV yes-men. They are the most obvious choice, being real life and in ring friends of HHH for over a decade. It would make sense to the audience as to why HHH would surround himself with these people. Here is my run down for who is who in stooge qualifications:

Kevin Nash: Let's face it, at 6 foot 11 inches, Nash is the biggest and most intimating person HHH knows and he would most likely be HHH's bodyguard/ enforcer. From ensuring compliance from other wrestlers to giving the occasional sneak attack and double team, Nash definitely has a place in HHH's circle. Also, Nash is already getting paid MUCH MORE than other Legends contract holders, so he shows it is good to have friends in high places (plus, he has been complaining about no TV time/having little to do).

Scott Hall: Just to state the elephant in the room, Hall's chances of appearing on TV may be slim given the current PG format and his recent jail time. Also, he really has only two positions to do. Either be Nash's assistant enforcer or be an odd job man; doing what ever HHH asks of him. However, given his bloated appearance and inability to stay sober in the ring, he may not even do much at all. Actually, I just realized, he'd be a perfect foil for Punk, of Punk using his Straight-Edge gimmick to counter Hall's...polar opposite straight-edge gimmick/real life. We shall see how it goes, but it could be either bad or good depending on how it develops. I will also address the fact that Hall's problems being used on WCW TV were viewed unfavorably and I mean no disrespect, but his reputation definitely precedes him now.

Sean Waltman: Let's face it, he's the origin of term 'X-Pac Heat' which refers to a wrestler who is everything but damned to hell by the audience. He has nothing or little to make them cheer or boo him, let alone care. I think since his best days as the Kidd and Pac behind him, he seems most likely to be the 'smack around guy'/ definite odd-job man. No one would take him seriously and he would probably be the one most likely to do the 'Charlie work' of the group (Always Sunny reference). He could get his moment to shine though, but I doubt it.

Shawn Michaels: I think Shawn's best option would be to make part-time appearances as the fun-loving friend/token good friend or co-schemer. He may either try to get HHH to relive his fun loving DX days or HHH may turn to him as a last resort/counterpart to CM Punk. Who better to face a guy who disrespects his boss and is social degenerate than the man who started it in the WWE? Again, it might be tricky and given Shawn's easy ability to flip-flop from heel to face and back again, I don't see him as a permanent member.

Let me know what you guys think

Submit "The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman" to Digg Submit "The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman" to del.icio.us Submit "The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman" to Google

Updated 07-21-2011 at 10:29 PM by BigJM (touch up)

Tags: cm punk, triple h
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I really think the use of Nash as an enforcer could work, and maybe even Pac as a lackey. Very much doubt Scott Hall will be featured on WWE live TV again, too much of a liability. Shawn making odd appreances to demonish their heelish actions in a jokey manner seems like an okay idea.

The only sticking point I have, is that the reason McMahon had the stooges, and the corporation, and who ever else around him was to diminish any prolonged physicality between Austin and the Boss. This was because everyone knew a fight between Austin and McMahon would be a very one-sided affair. Can the same be said about a match-up between HHH/Punk?
    loved the sunny in phily reference man, one of my favourite shows. I can definitely see nash as a prominent part, being given free reign storyline wise to do what if wants. Ye pac the lackey no doubt. Hbk not much. As said, i think trips will be a big enough obstacle by himself. I look forward to hearing him act all heelish on a constant basis once more
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamHurley
    I really think the use of Nash as an enforcer could work, and maybe even Pac as a lackey. Very much doubt Scott Hall will be featured on WWE live TV again, too much of a liability. Shawn making odd appreances to demonish their heelish actions in a jokey manner seems like an okay idea.

The only sticking point I have, is that the reason McMahon had the stooges, and the corporation, and who ever else around him was to diminish any prolonged physicality between Austin and the Boss. This was because everyone knew a fight between Austin and McMahon would be a very one-sided affair. Can the same be said about a match-up between HHH/Punk?

Liam: You brought up a good point about McMahon needing people to compensate for his lack of ability and age. Though I think HHH could use it to show Punk he views him as nothing/beneath his notice. "You can't beat Nash, then you can't beat me."
    I love your idea man. I definitely love it except for the Scott Hall part. The reuniting of the "Kliq" can only work if the members are dependable and it can't be one of those situations in which he goes on a hiatus or comes to work drunk or something.

Remember when TNA did the EV2 storyline. I enjoyed it but it was the most unorganized, chaotic angle I ever seen in wrestling. It was literally a soap opers behind the scenes. One day we see Raven then he disapears, then we see Rhino, Sandman and they all disapear then come back. It was a jungle lol.

I think this will work with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman. Shawn has always said he would come back but not to wrestle. I think this is the perfect opportunity and its a given he will come back. Triple H & Shawn can pretty much get each other to do anything haha. I also trust that X-Pac would be very good in a WWE atmosphere as an on screen character or backstage writer. He clearly has matured and he's posting his reviews on Raw every week. Its like he's begging Triple H for a job so I say they should make it happen.

Great blog bro, I enjoyed every word.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    I love your idea man. I definitely love it except for the Scott Hall part. The reuniting of the "Kliq" can only work if the members are dependable and it can't be one of those situations in which he goes on a hiatus or comes to work drunk or something.

Remember when TNA did the EV2 storyline. I enjoyed it but it was the most unorganized, chaotic angle I ever seen in wrestling. It was literally a soap opers behind the scenes. One day we see Raven then he disapears, then we see Rhino, Sandman and they all disapear then come back. It was a jungle lol.

I think this will work with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman. Shawn has always said he would come back but not to wrestle. I think this is the perfect opportunity and its a given he will come back. Triple H & Shawn can pretty much get each other to do anything haha. I also trust that X-Pac would be very good in a WWE atmosphere as an on screen character or backstage writer. He clearly has matured and he's posting his reviews on Raw every week. Its like he's begging Triple H for a job so I say they should make it happen.

Great blog bro, I enjoyed every word.

Thank you very much. I have read several of your blogs and am a big fan of your own writings, so it is great to hear that I have a few good ideas, lol. I know Scott Hall is virtually all but unworkable at this point, perhaps it was me giving hope to the idea he could clean up, but that train may left long ago. I am glad to see someone agrees with me about HHH and Michaels.
    Hbk diesel and x pac
    From what I have read Micheal Hayes is getting promoted....
    So why not Micheal Hayes and John 'Johnny Ace' Laurinaitis????

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.