The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)
by, 07-20-2011 at 01:23 PM (6660 Views)
Hey guys hope all is well. I'm blogging about my thoughts on Alex Riley. Everything about this guy is awesome to watch. I think he's amazing and he's ready for stardom. Now I'm not saying make him World Champ tomorrow, but I still feel he's ready.
I think within two years he should be World Champ.
Truth about the upper midcard in the WWE:
For every top star in the midcard who we claim are ready, its always one thing we say that must be improved on that superstar.
The people that we debate about are ready for the mainevent are John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes
1. John Morrison - full package minus his horrible mic skils
2. Kofi Kingston - full package, but his gimmick is beyond played
3. Dolph Ziggler - full package but can't cut a promo to save his life
4. Wade Barrett - full package, he's actually ready but creative doesn't agree
5. Alberto Del Rio - full package, but pushed a little too quick, botches alot
6. Jack Swagger - full package, also pushed too quick
7. R-Truth - full package, needs music and they must cut the slave gimmick
8. Cody Rhodes - full package, WWE are doing great with him but is he ready?
What about the seasoned maineventers?
Even with the mainevent roster the WWE has, we still find a way to complain about every maineventer.
1. John Cena - poor wrestling skill, superman gimmick
2. Randy Orton - spotlight stealer, too bland
3. Rey Mysterio - spiderman gimmick, same gimmick for over 8 years
4. The Miz - can't wrestle, annoying, reality tv star
No matter what, everyone will complain, even about the roster.
So whats so good about Alex Riley?
He has the full freakin package.
1. He's proved that he can deliver as a face or heel.
2. Awesome in ring ability.
3. He has a great gimmick, with the Scott Hall like jacket.
4. Receives a huge pop from the fans
5. Proved he can go in the ring with the best of them all. The best thing about his time with the Miz was the exposure he got. He's one of the youngest guys on the roster and can proudly say he's wrestled John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and The Miz in a one on one match plenty of times.
6. Awesome Music - I always say that every maineventer needs convincing music that makes the crowd jump when they hear it (The Miz, Cena, Orton, Sheamus all have great themes)
I really do not think there's anyone who can say that Alex Riley isn't the most polished midcarder on the WWE roster. He's not ready for the mainevent today but if they were to give the belt to any midcarder tomorrow, I would have to agree it should be Alex Riley.
How to keep his name relevant?:
1. Keep him away from tag teams - he's been with the Miz long enough, you have to let him prove that he can role on his own without needing any help.
2. Keep him in a storyline at all times, he can't be one of those guys that has his match every week or Raw & the end. I would love to see him feud with Alberto Del Rio or Jack Swagger.
3. He must have a high profile match at Summerslam - even if its another match vs the Miz
4. Let this man use his mouth. His main tool is his talking ability. Let him cut a promo every week if you have to.
5. Give him more experience as a PR guy. Let him do interviews with the local news stations because when I hear Alex Riley talk, I think of a salesman. He can sell tickets with his mouth alone.
6. Please don't change his music, and don't allow him to shake hands with the fans during his entrance. He already doesn't and thats a plus. I remember when Cm Punk was a face he never touched the crowd during his entrance. It makes for a bright future. When I see Alex Riley I think of Jericho.
All of Alex Riley's weakpoints occured outside the ring. The DUI, and all the other mistakes he made. Oh yeah, and he said wrestling in an interview and dropped the F-Bomb after Miz won the WWE Championship.
Other than that he's ready.
Thanks guys for reading my blog and leave your feed back.
Also guys, please check out my song below. I made a song called "Legend in the Making". Its a pumped up song that I've sent in to the WWE's production team to be used as a PPV theme or a Superstar's theme music. Please follow the youtube link and tell me what you think. The music would be perfect for R-Truth or Daniel Bryan