View RSS Feed

knox

The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)

Rate this Entry
Hey guys hope all is well. I'm blogging about my thoughts on Alex Riley. Everything about this guy is awesome to watch. I think he's amazing and he's ready for stardom. Now I'm not saying make him World Champ tomorrow, but I still feel he's ready.

I think within two years he should be World Champ.

Truth about the upper midcard in the WWE:
For every top star in the midcard who we claim are ready, its always one thing we say that must be improved on that superstar.

The people that we debate about are ready for the mainevent are John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes

1. John Morrison - full package minus his horrible mic skils
2. Kofi Kingston - full package, but his gimmick is beyond played
3. Dolph Ziggler - full package but can't cut a promo to save his life
4. Wade Barrett - full package, he's actually ready but creative doesn't agree
5. Alberto Del Rio - full package, but pushed a little too quick, botches alot
6. Jack Swagger - full package, also pushed too quick
7. R-Truth - full package, needs music and they must cut the slave gimmick
8. Cody Rhodes - full package, WWE are doing great with him but is he ready?

What about the seasoned maineventers?
Even with the mainevent roster the WWE has, we still find a way to complain about every maineventer.

1. John Cena - poor wrestling skill, superman gimmick
2. Randy Orton - spotlight stealer, too bland
3. Rey Mysterio - spiderman gimmick, same gimmick for over 8 years
4. The Miz - can't wrestle, annoying, reality tv star

No matter what, everyone will complain, even about the roster.

So whats so good about Alex Riley?
He has the full freakin package.
1. He's proved that he can deliver as a face or heel.
2. Awesome in ring ability.
3. He has a great gimmick, with the Scott Hall like jacket.
4. Receives a huge pop from the fans
5. Proved he can go in the ring with the best of them all. The best thing about his time with the Miz was the exposure he got. He's one of the youngest guys on the roster and can proudly say he's wrestled John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and The Miz in a one on one match plenty of times.
6. Awesome Music - I always say that every maineventer needs convincing music that makes the crowd jump when they hear it (The Miz, Cena, Orton, Sheamus all have great themes)

I really do not think there's anyone who can say that Alex Riley isn't the most polished midcarder on the WWE roster. He's not ready for the mainevent today but if they were to give the belt to any midcarder tomorrow, I would have to agree it should be Alex Riley.

How to keep his name relevant?:
1. Keep him away from tag teams - he's been with the Miz long enough, you have to let him prove that he can role on his own without needing any help.

2. Keep him in a storyline at all times, he can't be one of those guys that has his match every week or Raw & the end. I would love to see him feud with Alberto Del Rio or Jack Swagger.

3. He must have a high profile match at Summerslam - even if its another match vs the Miz

4. Let this man use his mouth. His main tool is his talking ability. Let him cut a promo every week if you have to.

5. Give him more experience as a PR guy. Let him do interviews with the local news stations because when I hear Alex Riley talk, I think of a salesman. He can sell tickets with his mouth alone.

6. Please don't change his music, and don't allow him to shake hands with the fans during his entrance. He already doesn't and thats a plus. I remember when Cm Punk was a face he never touched the crowd during his entrance. It makes for a bright future. When I see Alex Riley I think of Jericho.

His weakpoints:
All of Alex Riley's weakpoints occured outside the ring. The DUI, and all the other mistakes he made. Oh yeah, and he said wrestling in an interview and dropped the F-Bomb after Miz won the WWE Championship.

Other than that he's ready.

Thanks guys for reading my blog and leave your feed back.

Also guys, please check out my song below. I made a song called "Legend in the Making". Its a pumped up song that I've sent in to the WWE's production team to be used as a PPV theme or a Superstar's theme music. Please follow the youtube link and tell me what you think. The music would be perfect for R-Truth or Daniel Bryan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvmK..._order&list=UL

Submit "The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)" to Digg Submit "The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)" to del.icio.us Submit "The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)" to StumbleUpon Submit "The WWE's Next Big Star (Mainevent Ready)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mostly everything you said was right, but I would have to say Dolph Ziggler is the best upper midcarder in the WWE right now. He's had one main event feud against Edge and he showed that he can handle himself in the main event. As far as his promos, in recent weeks, he hasn't been overshadowed by Vickie on the mic as much as he was before. I was at the July 4th Raw taping in Vegas, and his promo about making the US championship the most prestigious title was spot on. Besides if he cant cut a promo, it's great that he has a manager that can get him all the heat he needs.
    Good work Knox, I'm glad you wrote this one, because honestly I hadn't even been giving Riley the credit he deserves. I'm not sure I'm with you 100% on his music just yet (I guess it needs to grow on me), but you definitely hit the nail on the head with all of his abilities. When he finally has enough of the Miz and turned face, that was the perfect example of how this guys performs. Most everyone (including myself) was expecting the typical one big punch and for Miz to roll out the ring. It would've been a lot like Virgil finally having enough of Dibiase's shit. But he blew me away when he just started whaling on Miz both in and out of the ring. He took to another level, and it the fans a perfect opportunity to see that he can tear some ass if he's provoked. As far as the other names you mentioned, I'm totally with you about Kofi. The stupid gimmick fit him when he first came out and they were still claiming he was Jamaican, but it didn't take long for the WWE universe to find out he's from Ghana. Now I've never been to Jamaica or Ghana, but I'd like to think that they don't resemble each other too much. There's no need to have his character be solely based on rastafarian cliches. Just make him a guy, and give him a unique character. He barely even has any type of foreign accent at all, so these types of gimmicks don't really work for him anyway. Also, I really would love to see Dolph finally lose Vicki. Sure she can work the mic way better than him, but her presence is having a negative effect on his character. I've said before that he reminds me so much of Mr. Perfect, not just the blond hair thing, but just his wrestling style and his cockiness. As long as Vicki is around, he won't be able to shine. I'm not saying he needs to turn face, because that wouldn't help him either. But he definitely needs someone who can speak for him but not steal any of his spotlight. Finally, I'm a little curious as to why you didn't mention Sheamus more in this blog. I'm sure you know by now that I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread (whiteness pun not intended), but he really needs to be a champion again. He was pushed early, which is dangerous, but it worked so well for him. He's not at the level he was when we was champ, but it definitely validated him for any future main events that he stars in. Not to mention, winning King of the Ring didn't hurt either. They made fun of his crown, but it was a perfect way to get him over. It worked because he's the man and he's the future of Smackdown. Now, if WWE takes your advice and plays their cards right, it looks like we could have an A-Ry as the future of RAW as well. I'm going to shut up now, since this comment is way too damn long for anyone to have to read. Thanks again for the blog Knox. Take care and spike your hair. WWWYKI!!!
    why do people think wade barett is good? he fucking sucks, the guy has mic skills? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Name me one wade promo that people will remember and watch on youtube 5 years later, name me one promo of his that can beat any great Rock/Austin/HHH promo, you can't! He sucks on the mic and he has no gimmick, he is just another big generic star. I'm glad you are not in charge of WWE.

Same goes with Kofi, I have never been excited or entertained by him, he is just another jeff hardy, he only shines in ladder matches. I never like any of his mic work, mainly cause his mic skills are piss poor like Wade. Also his gimmick is shit, does he even have one. Same the Ziggler and Swagger.

All 4 have no gimmicks, poor mic skills are no charisma. I understand some wrestlers don't need a gimmick and are a part of their personality, but those are only exceptions like Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. There are too many generic no gimmick guys in WWE that its overdone to fuck.

WWE needs guys who have a gimmick and less guys that have a name which is realistic.

Out of that entire list, only Del Rio and Cody have a chance. But others can still try, I said the same thing about Cody but then he finally got a decent gimmick and became a serious contender and no longer a piss poor guy like Wade
    Quote Originally Posted by ratedy2jayz
    Mostly everything you said was right, but I would have to say Dolph Ziggler is the best upper midcarder in the WWE right now. He's had one main event feud against Edge and he showed that he can handle himself in the main event. As far as his promos, in recent weeks, he hasn't been overshadowed by Vickie on the mic as much as he was before. I was at the July 4th Raw taping in Vegas, and his promo about making the US championship the most prestigious title was spot on. Besides if he cant cut a promo, it's great that he has a manager that can get him all the heat he needs.
    Thanks bro, I can agree with you. I always been a big Dolph Ziggler guy, for some reason he desered his spot. His in ring skill is very mat-based as well as aggressive. Dolph Ziggler has that factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renevious
    Good work Knox, I'm glad you wrote this one, because honestly I hadn't even been giving Riley the credit he deserves. I'm not sure I'm with you 100% on his music just yet (I guess it needs to grow on me), but you definitely hit the nail on the head with all of his abilities. When he finally has enough of the Miz and turned face, that was the perfect example of how this guys performs. Most everyone (including myself) was expecting the typical one big punch and for Miz to roll out the ring. It would've been a lot like Virgil finally having enough of Dibiase's shit. But he blew me away when he just started whaling on Miz both in and out of the ring. He took to another level, and it the fans a perfect opportunity to see that he can tear some ass if he's provoked. As far as the other names you mentioned, I'm totally with you about Kofi. The stupid gimmick fit him when he first came out and they were still claiming he was Jamaican, but it didn't take long for the WWE universe to find out he's from Ghana. Now I've never been to Jamaica or Ghana, but I'd like to think that they don't resemble each other too much. There's no need to have his character be solely based on rastafarian cliches. Just make him a guy, and give him a unique character. He barely even has any type of foreign accent at all, so these types of gimmicks don't really work for him anyway. Also, I really would love to see Dolph finally lose Vicki. Sure she can work the mic way better than him, but her presence is having a negative effect on his character. I've said before that he reminds me so much of Mr. Perfect, not just the blond hair thing, but just his wrestling style and his cockiness. As long as Vicki is around, he won't be able to shine. I'm not saying he needs to turn face, because that wouldn't help him either. But he definitely needs someone who can speak for him but not steal any of his spotlight. Finally, I'm a little curious as to why you didn't mention Sheamus more in this blog. I'm sure you know by now that I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread (whiteness pun not intended), but he really needs to be a champion again. He was pushed early, which is dangerous, but it worked so well for him. He's not at the level he was when we was champ, but it definitely validated him for any future main events that he stars in. Not to mention, winning King of the Ring didn't hurt either. They made fun of his crown, but it was a perfect way to get him over. It worked because he's the man and he's the future of Smackdown. Now, if WWE takes your advice and plays their cards right, it looks like we could have an A-Ry as the future of RAW as well. I'm going to shut up now, since this comment is way too damn long for anyone to have to read. Thanks again for the blog Knox. Take care and spike your hair. WWWYKI!!!
    Thanks bro for the comment, hope things are going good for you man. Yea the Kofi gimmick kills me. It was almost 2 years ago that Triple H & Shawn Michaels exposed his accent (kayfabe). I thought they would turn him heel after that haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McMahon
    why do people think wade barett is good? he fucking sucks, the guy has mic skills? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Name me one wade promo that people will remember and watch on youtube 5 years later, name me one promo of his that can beat any great Rock/Austin/HHH promo, you can't! He sucks on the mic and he has no gimmick, he is just another big generic star. I'm glad you are not in charge of WWE.

Same goes with Kofi, I have never been excited or entertained by him, he is just another jeff hardy, he only shines in ladder matches. I never like any of his mic work, mainly cause his mic skills are piss poor like Wade. Also his gimmick is shit, does he even have one. Same the Ziggler and Swagger.

All 4 have no gimmicks, poor mic skills are no charisma. I understand some wrestlers don't need a gimmick and are a part of their personality, but those are only exceptions like Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. There are too many generic no gimmick guys in WWE that its overdone to fuck.

WWE needs guys who have a gimmick and less guys that have a name which is realistic.

Out of that entire list, only Del Rio and Cody have a chance. But others can still try, I said the same thing about Cody but then he finally got a decent gimmick and became a serious contender and no longer a piss poor guy like Wade
    Cmon wassup with the hate. I show you love on all your blogs. I completely disagree about Wade Barrett. He cut many convincing promos. He was the mouth piece of the Nexus and for good reason. He put on great matches against Orton & Cena.

And how can you shit on Dolph Ziggler but praise Alberto Del Rio? ADR is just another guy thats getting the heavy push because the WWE has a big following with Mexicans. Its all a demographic thing. If more black people watched wrestling, then R-Truth or Kofi would be champ, simple as that.

Del Rio has never cut a convincing promo and he bothces in the ring more than SIn Cara.

But trust me, Dolph is one of the best athletes the WWE has.
    Del Rio sucks and he is boring. Ricardo generates more heat then Del Rio. Del Rio puts people to sleep. Beating up Miz doesn't automatically make you a main eventer. Not impressed with him, he hasn't done anything worth wild.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.