View RSS Feed

King Scrapper

They will win the title one day/Wade Barret

Rate this Entry
First blog post!

Wade Barret is a great wrestler and will obviously win the title one day, but you cant expect for the WWE to put a strap on somebody so soon. Every legend in recent memory worked mid card for YEARS before they got their first shot.

*These numbers are not accurate but very close estimates

The Rock: Almost two to three years before winning a world title.
Stone Cold: Almost 4 years
Triple H: Almost 4 years
The Miz: 6 years
CM Punk: 6 years
The Undertaker: 5+ years
John Cena: 4 years
Kane: 2 years(not another title again for about 10 years lol)
Big Show: 3 years
Randy Orton: 3 years
Edge: 7 years

And the list goes on...

in the last few years they have put the belt on a couple of guys a little bit faster (Swagger, Sheamus) but look where that got them. No where. When the WWE puts the title on guys after a few years of really investing in their character, they typically remain in the main event scene for the rest of their careers.

I rather have the WWE take their time and flesh out Wade's character and personality before they give him a title. He has too much potential to just throw a strap on him and have him lose it two PPVs later. That also goes for a lot of other guys in the back as well. They need to work for a while before they get a major belt. Should Daniel Bryan win the title. Hell no. In my opinion he hasnt proven himself much in the WWE. But the IWC tends to feel that as soon as they see someone that's pretty good but hasnt been pushed needs to immediately win a world title.

I just think that the IWC needs to have more patience with today's wrestlers career paths. Vince hit it on the mark when he said that he thinks long term. That's better for the business. It makes people keep watching to see when and if there favorite wrestler wins a major title one day and how.

Please voice opinions below.

Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to Digg Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to del.icio.us Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to StumbleUpon Submit "They will win the title one day/Wade Barret" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @King Orton, I forgot he was ECW champ. (Even though that title doesnt mean much in my opinion).
    Sheamus did a pretty decent job when they made him champ, the problem was, the writters didn't like him that is why he didn't go anywhere after he lost the title the second time.
    Great blog and I couldn't agree more. I complain about them putting the belt on stars too soon all the time.

They ruined Sheamus, Jack Swagger and in a way they ruined Wade Barrett. We know Wade Barrett will be champ one day but they gave him sooo much power so early in his career. Now all that power has dies down and now he's a normal midcarder.

Wade is one of my favorites, I can only hope he becomes champ one day. The WWE are making the same mistake with Alberto Del Rio. They are pushing him too fast. They let him win the Royal Rumble, Maineventer Wrestlemani and now he's Mr. Money in the Bank. Its happening too fast.

Now he must win the belt within a year. If he wins the belt it will be too soon but if he doesn't win the belt then people will begin to feel he's a waste that keeps coming close.

But yea great blog man. Keep em coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude573
    Like the blog, clear cut and straight to the point. Just out of curiosity, do you think Drew or Ted will be a world champ too? I hope too God they stop jobbing these two.
    I agree 100%. Why give Drew McCintyre "The Chosen One" gimmick and end up leaving him on Superstars. Also Dibiase Jr. is just pure talent, I love the guy. I hope they do something with these two
    Quote Originally Posted by King Scrapper
    @King Orton, I forgot he was ECW champ. (Even though that title doesnt mean much in my opinion).
    well then he still was world champ in 2009 so 3 years not 6
    Sheamus 6 months
    Yeah, it may have been for only a week. But Undertaker did beat Hogan's punk ass for the title exactly one year after making his debut.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.