View RSS Feed

The Doorman

The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 3 Review

Rate this Entry
Its the third installment of this, I guess, 12 part series of blog posts. for those of you that have read my past 2, you know what I do. for those of you who are reading this for the first time, I am going to give my very observatory view on NXT from this week.

To start out, it got an 0.81 rating. Just god awful. I believe that is the lowest rating in NXT history, but I may be mistaken. I don't blame SyFy for wanting to stop showing the "Reality Program". It doesn't even deserve to be called that.
NXT became my favorite show to watch when it debuted in February, but as of late, my interest has grown less and less. This weeks episode had no points to make me want to change my mind either.

We start the show with the traditional video package and theme music, followed with a highlight video of the prior weeks episode.
Then comes CM Punk. I had no idea why he'd be there, or what the heck he was wearing, until I saw him approach the announce table. What a breath of fresh air for NXT. Have the Straight Edge Savior take Michael Cole's place on commentary. I was in favor of this move alot, CM Punk is my favorite guy in the WWE. He just seems to know what he's doing, whatever it may be. And he didn't disappoint last night. At least he didn't disappoint me.

O, excuse me, I forgot what happened next. EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! Vickie comes down to the ring and gives Kaitlyn 2 more mentors in LayCool, the Season 2 winning pros. This made more sense to have LayCool with a girl rookie than with a seasoned veteran in Kaval. And when they grabbed the mics, you had no clue what they were going to say. They were cracking on the other rookies left and right, it was pretty funny, I think. But I think alot of things are funny. During that segment comes another tiny brawl, and another moment where I wish I was Matt Striker. A boy can only dream.

Then, WTF!!!!!!?????? A musical chairs competition???????????? "Really? Really? Really? Really? Really?" There is absolutely nothing to say about how childish, stupid, unappropriate, and awkward that was. Except for how my 12 year old brother didn't know what musical chairs was. That seemed embarrassing, but nothing compared to what the WWE made them do. I understand its supposed to be PG, but something tells me its supposed to for ages 7 and under when there's crap like that.

Backstage segment from Aksana and Goldust. Emotional, very emotional. . . NOT! That seemed kind of random, however I do wonder if she is going to be deported. I mean, isn't that kindof like what happened to McIntyre and Barrett earlier this year?

First Match is Maxine vs. AJ. I dont remember much. Just CM Punk mocking Cole with "Vintage Maxine", very funny, and AJ winning with some move that looked like she was being suplexed by Maxine. Like they literally set up in the suplex position but it was a "Brain Buster" by AJ. I don't know, it just seemed like a crappy way to end the match. I was totally confused when it happened.

Then Michael cole returned. O how I hated, but loved this move. It was basically the only time of the night that I was surprised, oh except for the brain buster thing.

Then, finally, a competition to really judge the girls. The talk the talk challenge. Prior winners were Wade Barrett (who got his own walkout music as a prize, when did we ever hear that?) and Percy Watson who won a talk show where the Season 2 guys tried a Nexus attack on the Pros. So this one should definetly reak with benefits. Nope. The girls blew the roof off with all the hot air they wasted when talking about their topics. AJ impressed and got the win. Kaitlyn finished in second by talking about underwear. The crowd voted, so there must've been alot of immature people there. Enough said, the whole thing sucked. It was the only bonafide competition and they made it seem like poop, plain and simple.

The main event was the 3 on 3 tag match, Kelly Kelly, Naomi and Jamie vs. LayCool and Kaitlyn. I don't have any complaints, there wasn't much to expect anyway. I guess though, for NXT season 3, it was a solid Main Event with the faces picking up the win.

Side Note:
1) Punk and Cole both dis Mathews all the time and its histerical. I love watching NXT just to hear what those guys are gonna say. That is the best part in my opinion.

Ok, so that about rounds up this week's review. I'll give the episode a 3.5 out of 10. That's 1.0 down from last week and 1.5 down from week one. Those girls have to step it up. I'm going to keep watching and writing, so I'm not losing hope yet. With a 35% rating, I'll say it sucked, what about you?

*3.5 out of 10

Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 3 Review" to Digg Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 3 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 3 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 3 Review" to Google

Updated 09-22-2010 at 08:56 PM by The Doorman

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Pretty good observation here. I feel the same way about the announcers as you do. They are the main reason I tune into this show. Thats very sad. Sad but true.

BTW - I love AJ and I totally mark out for her. I guess you can say I got a crush on the girl. Shes definitely my type.
    Quote Originally Posted by ch.brooks24
    Pretty good observation here. I feel the same way about the announcers as you do. They are the main reason I tune into this show. Thats very sad. Sad but true.

BTW - I love AJ and I totally mark out for her. I guess you can say I got a crush on the girl. Shes definitely my type.
    Yea, me too.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.