View RSS Feed

VanHooliganX

The big 5 PPVs for WWE, not 4!

Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Ah Money in the Bank. Last night saw a PPV that had major storyline movements and kept the wrestling community wondering what will happen on the next Raw and Smackdown. I believe now that WWE have their 5th major PPV of the year, but i'll get to that statement after a recap of probably the PPV of the year.

First off, we opened up with a great win for Daniel Bryan in the Smackdown Money in the Bank match. This match had some really great segments in it with everyone (Except Sin Cara who apparently has been suspended for 30 days) pulling their weight in this. A match I never thought Bryan would win, but makes me happy to know that MITB matches are still as unpredictable as when Miz, Swagger, Kane, Punk for a 2nd time and Edge winning.

Then the most disappointing part really. The Divas and Henry vs. Big Show matches. Now actually the Toiletbreak Twins and Kelly had a decent match for the Divas division standard and it was longer than a piss break which I guess is a good thing for diva fans. As for Henry vs. Big Show, whatever you were expecting from this match when you heard about this match probably. It was meh and it was just to give the push of Mark a bigger push (Which is a decade late, but who'se counting the years right?).

Raw's Money in the Bank match was like Smackdown but a little shorter and botchier(A word? Someone ask Maffew for me). I liked this match, Evan Bournes Airbourne from the ladder was awesome to watch and the ladders falling like dominos at the end was fun to watch weirdly though unplanned. I picked Del Rio to win, but thats only because having him win the only man to win the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank in the same year is a stat only he has now.

Orton vs. Christian: I've heard a few people say this has gone on for long enough. How? It's been ages since a fued has been this long and the matches have been great to watch. This match was better than the Over the Limit match they had which stole the show at that PPV (Although that wasn't exactly hard if I think about it) and Christian is finally the World Heavyweight champion again. I was then screaming at the box for Bryan to cash it in but nope...not to be . Imagine that, Christian a 2 time champ but not even a week to his name as the champ. It sets Summerslam up for Orton-Christian-bryan which would be great. But we will have to see how this bad boy develops!

Finally! A match of the year candidate for WWE! Punk vs. Cena. Well what can I say about this. Cena must of listened to Chavos words. He wasn't the 5 move master. He pulled his weight (THATS RIGHT I SAID JOHN CENA!) and gave us the best match he has been in. Major respect for adding a few moves and mix 'n matching his boring style but he brought in the crowd in that match and gave us a brilliant match with an amazing ending and a great way to end a bloody good PPV. Vince is a very smart man, I never expected him to do that at all.

I did, it was so obvious!
Congrats Mr. Italicwritingtoshowthisissomeoneelsetalking, here is my reward to you: Please enjoy.

So as I said earlier. I truly believe that the Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, SummerSlam and WrestleMania have a new friend. Money in the Bank.
We all know the power this match has, it triggered Edges main event push, RVD created new ECW with this and more recently Kane and Miz got a 6 month main event push. These matches are usually brilliant and awesome to watch as well so you already have 2 good matches on every year. Followed by a match as big as Orton vs. Christian long fued and a build-up like Punk vs. Cena. You cannot go wrong!

For now though i'm just going to enjoy rewatching this PPV because I doubt TNA or WWE will build a PPV that will beat this (That doesn't mean give up though guys ).

I hope you enjoyed this review and more importantly also enjoyed this bloody good PPV.

~ Van Hooligan X ~

Submit "The big 5 PPVs for WWE, not 4!" to Digg Submit "The big 5 PPVs for WWE, not 4!" to del.icio.us Submit "The big 5 PPVs for WWE, not 4!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The big 5 PPVs for WWE, not 4!" to Google

Comments

Great blog, but I'm still always going to prefer having 1 Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, than 2 (1 for each show) at it's own Pay-Per-View. I enjoyed the event, and everything was booked well, except for Del Rio (He bores me).
    5th should be king of the ring
    Quote Originally Posted by jhorton1215
    Great blog, but I'm still always going to prefer having 1 Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, than 2 (1 for each show) at it's own Pay-Per-View. I enjoyed the event, and everything was booked well, except for Del Rio (He bores me).
    I feel that money in the bank HAD to break away from wrestlemania, it now seems more important than royal rumble in my eyes, at least in regards to building up hype and careers. that briefcase has become such an important tool in this era in the way royal rumble was in the 90's. I admit I think that it would be even more exciting if their were only one briefcase to win.. across both brands.. but I feel that it has more scope these days across the summer even into potentially into wrestlemania.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.