View RSS Feed

ChrisMasterpiece

Basic Thoughts on the State of The WWE

Rate this Entry
My first blog! Exciting. First of all, I just want to say that I'm not biased for or against any company. I like TNA and WWE, but for different reasons. Just want to get that out of the way.

Okay, so. Here's my two cents: I think a lot of what the 'E is doing is fine, and I think there are things they need to improve on. While I could go on about how well they're doing with some things, that wouldn't be very interesting, so here are a few things they need to fix (in my opinion):

1. Lack of pushes for deserving Superstars
Zack Ryder, Chris Masters, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre (although after that nasty bump last night he may or may not be hurt), Trent Barreta, Daniel Bryan, and Sin Cara (to name a few) are young stars that aren't just more or less treading water on their respective brands. Now I know that each one of them lacks a certain something: for instance, Barreta hasn't really been tested on the mic, so there's no way of knowing whether or not he can talk. And I don't mean a WWE or World title push; just something to give them more airtime. A feud, a second-tier title, something to get them out there more.

2. Feuds that are going on are, well, a little stale
I love the CM Punk-Cena angle right now. That's a great idea, and a fantastic way to send Punk off. However, while Ziggler as the US Champ is fine, I wish they'd do more with it. What I mean is, we already saw Dolph and Kofi battle for the IC title, and while that was very entertaining, seeing it again is a little less exciting. It's like Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels; at Wrestlemania 25, it was unbelievably unexpected and it was an insane match (personally my favorite ever). But with the same match the very next year (albeit with a stip), it was less impressive. That said, props to Smackdown for keeping the title feuds interesting. Randy vs Christian is hot, and it's working out very well!

3. The Tag Team Scene
What tag team scene? We've got the Usos, Gabriel and Slater, McGillicutty and Otunga, Big Show and Kane (occasionally), and...well, yeah. I'm not saying we need like ten new teams, but can we have like 4? I am personally a huge fan of tag team wrestling, and would be more than happy to see some new teams challenging these established ones. The current "tag team division" is really light, and I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping to see more groups.

That's all I've got, so feel free to write a scathing comment BELOW (Ray William Johnson represent, yo). So thanks for reading and, uh, yeah!

Submit "Basic Thoughts on the State of The WWE" to Digg Submit "Basic Thoughts on the State of The WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Basic Thoughts on the State of The WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Basic Thoughts on the State of The WWE" to Google

Comments

I don't want to see more of Sin cara, he keeps botching his moves. The rest I'm fine with. By the way according to reports Drew McIntyre wasn't injured.
    I'm hoping that the name similarity is done due to my entries? Because that's TOO close of a name any other way lol. I like your blog though, you made damn near the same points that I've been posting about. No wonder why I like your blog... It's practically mine!

I'm messing with you of course... imitation is a form of flattery I guess... carry on. Carry on.
    These are true, it's just that they've all been ranted about a thousand times before. You're just getting a feel for things, I suppose.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.