View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged

Rate this Entry

When Cody Rhodes got drafted to Friday Night SmackDown in the http://wwe.com Supplemental Draft last year, the future looked uncertain for him.
Many experts (myself included) thought that Ted DiBiase, Jr. would be the most successful of Legacy while Rhodes would languish in the mid-card.
DiBiase would get the Million Dollar Championship as well as buxom bleached blonde French Canadian Maryse as his valet. You would think it would lead to success, right?
Wrong. DiBiase would lose to the likes of John Morrison, Goldust, R-Truth (before he became a villain), Santino Marella, Daniel Bryan, and even former NXT rookies Percy Watson and Brodus Clay.
Maryse would not fare much better either, losing to the likes of Eve, Natalya, and Tamina. It seemed that Maryse was stealing DiBiase's spotlight.
Meanwhile, Rhodes was relegated to competing on WWE Superstars before an unexpected coincidence occurred. The WWE Divas named Rhodes WWE's Most Attractive Superstar. As a result, Rhodes added the moniker "Dashing" as well as a new, narcissistic gimmick which involved him looking in the digital mirror before every match.
His heat level continued to grow with his grooming tips as well as his anti-dashing promos.
But all that came to a screeching halt when Rey Mysterio broke Rhodes' nose and as a result, Rhodes missed the Royal Rumble and the Elimination Chamber as well as several weeks of action.
When Rhodes did return, he was a changed man. He was now a darker, more sinister man who viciously assaulted Mysterio with assistance from his father, WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes and removed Mysterio's mask.
In the last several weeks, a now-masked Rhodes would insult the WWE Universe and would give out paper bags to give to the WWE Universe. He was also reunited with DiBiase who now serves as Rhodes' lackey.
Will Rhodes be this year's version of the Miz? Only time will tell.

Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to Digg Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to del.icio.us Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to Google

Tags: cody rhodes
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I still see more potential in Ted Dibiase jr but they seem obsessed with turning him face first time they try Orton turns face insead second time Meryse instead Third time Cody instead (maybe)
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL
    "Many experts (myself included) thought that Ted DiBiase, Jr. would be the most successful of Legacy while Rhodes would languish in the mid-card."

How did you ever think that wooden tool TDJ was even going to be a success. He has less personality than one of Cody's bagmen.
    Don't act like you know better than the blogger, because most of the IWC thought that Dibiase Jr would be successful, whilst Rhodes would dwindle in the midcard. I believe that was because he had a gimmick very similar to his fathers, and had the look of a wrestler-whereas Rhodes didn't look like championship material, wearing kneepads and having a much smaller figure than Dibiase. Rhodes did go on to prove us wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    Don't act like you know better than the blogger, because most of the IWC thought that Dibiase Jr would be successful, whilst Rhodes would dwindle in the midcard. I believe that was because he had a gimmick very similar to his fathers, and had the look of a wrestler-whereas Rhodes didn't look like championship material, wearing kneepads and having a much smaller figure than Dibiase. Rhodes did go on to prove us wrong.
    Oh you pretentious cock. "I speak on behalf of the IWC."

We all have (or should have) independent thoughts and views. So drop your tribe 'we' mentality.

Read my username. It's like I choose it just for you.
    i enjoyed, short, sweet and to the point. Ted Dibiase is my 2nd favorite WWE star on the roster but I knew he wasnt going to get pushed right. They usually give you a manager when you cant talk good on the mic or when you need the extra boost to get over. This is why Vickie is with Dolph.

Originally Maryse was supposed to be the eye candy for the The Miz but out of nowhere the Miz started rising and becoming one of the top guys so he no longer needed Maryse, so they sent her to be with Dibiase Jr.

As for Cody, he is very talented in the ring and I love his ability to cut a heel promo with no interuption. You know your good on the mic when they let u come out and cut a 5 minute heel promo to anger the crowd and then back to the locker room.

Cody also has a wonderful moveset and I believe if he was a face they would let him use his moonsault as his finisher. He does a pretty moonsault but thats not a heel move if you get what I'm saying.

Great blog my friend, I enjoyed this one
    Eeeerrr....you're an expert? Then surely you would know that the Diva poll was NOT a coincidence and a way of giving him a new gimmick to work with.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.