View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged

Rate this Entry

When Cody Rhodes got drafted to Friday Night SmackDown in the http://wwe.com Supplemental Draft last year, the future looked uncertain for him.
Many experts (myself included) thought that Ted DiBiase, Jr. would be the most successful of Legacy while Rhodes would languish in the mid-card.
DiBiase would get the Million Dollar Championship as well as buxom bleached blonde French Canadian Maryse as his valet. You would think it would lead to success, right?
Wrong. DiBiase would lose to the likes of John Morrison, Goldust, R-Truth (before he became a villain), Santino Marella, Daniel Bryan, and even former NXT rookies Percy Watson and Brodus Clay.
Maryse would not fare much better either, losing to the likes of Eve, Natalya, and Tamina. It seemed that Maryse was stealing DiBiase's spotlight.
Meanwhile, Rhodes was relegated to competing on WWE Superstars before an unexpected coincidence occurred. The WWE Divas named Rhodes WWE's Most Attractive Superstar. As a result, Rhodes added the moniker "Dashing" as well as a new, narcissistic gimmick which involved him looking in the digital mirror before every match.
His heat level continued to grow with his grooming tips as well as his anti-dashing promos.
But all that came to a screeching halt when Rey Mysterio broke Rhodes' nose and as a result, Rhodes missed the Royal Rumble and the Elimination Chamber as well as several weeks of action.
When Rhodes did return, he was a changed man. He was now a darker, more sinister man who viciously assaulted Mysterio with assistance from his father, WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes and removed Mysterio's mask.
In the last several weeks, a now-masked Rhodes would insult the WWE Universe and would give out paper bags to give to the WWE Universe. He was also reunited with DiBiase who now serves as Rhodes' lackey.
Will Rhodes be this year's version of the Miz? Only time will tell.

Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to Digg Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to del.icio.us Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cody Rhodes: From Dashing to Deranged" to Google

Tags: cody rhodes
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rhodes seems to be in better shape than the Miz(not talking fitness shape). Miz needed help to win every match. Rhodes seems to hold his own. I think it is time time to up his character more and bring it a new level.
    Rhodes will probably beat Jackson for the IC title soon. I doubt he will win this years MITB, but possibly a future one? Although, for a guy his age, he is really doing well, especially compared to other guys his age or closely similar; e.g. Mcintyre, Dibiasse, Ryder, Hawkins etc
    Many experts (myself included)
    What qualifications do you have to be deemed "expert"?

You really didnt provide any details about anything, especially as a self-proclaimed expert. You told us what we have already seen on TV ourselves, with absolutely no insight only to ask if Cody Rhodes is this years Miz.

This blog sucked
    As someone who has followed you on Bleacher Report, please Rachel listen to their constructive criticism and stop just reccaping history. Please.
    "Many experts (myself included) thought that Ted DiBiase, Jr. would be the most successful of Legacy while Rhodes would languish in the mid-card."

How did you ever think that wooden tool TDJ was even going to be a success. He has less personality than one of Cody's bagmen.

With regards to Rhodes. I really don't get why they have made his face guard clear. I mean whilst we know the need for it is bullshit, they could have at least let people imagination run a little and made it impossible to see what damage it was covering. Instead we are left in no doubt that he still looks exactly the same. Despite Cole's claims of it being 'destroyed' by Little Ray.
    Updated 07-08-2011 at 06:31 PM by URATOOL
    I really hope Cody get a push to upper card one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL
    "Many experts (myself included) thought that Ted DiBiase, Jr. would be the most successful of Legacy while Rhodes would languish in the mid-card."

How did you ever think that wooden tool TDJ was even going to be a success. He has less personality than one of Cody's bagmen.

With regards to Rhodes. I really don't get why they have made his face guard clear. I mean whilst we know the need for it is bullshit, they could have at least let people imagination run a little and made it impossible to see what damage it was covering. Instead we are left in no doubt that he still looks exactly the same. Despite Cole's claims of it being 'destroyed' by Little Ray.
    The point is that we know there is nothing wrong with his face, but he's convinced there is....hence the slightly psycho attitude - it was all explained somewhere, but dammit if I can remember where.
    It's clear to show that it's all in his head asically.
    Hope that helps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.