View RSS Feed

knox

Why a Cryme Tyme return might save the WWE Tag Team Division

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
Hey guys, hope all is well. I was recently think about some of the most memorable tag-teams the past five years. Since 2006 I could only come up with Cryme Tyme.

I was thinking about how much they added to the program both for Raw & Smackdown. They were an amazing team that never won the Tag-Team titles which is beyond me.

WWE Tag Team Champs During The Cryme Tyme Era:
1. Paul London & Brian Kendrick (Pretty Good Team)
2. Deuce & Domino (Hell No)
3. MVP & Matt Hardy (Face/Heel Feud/Storyline Purposes)
4. John Morrison & The Miz (Awesome Team)
5. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (Background Team behind Edge/Bad Choice)

World Tag Team Champs During The Cryme Tyme Era 2006:
1. Ric Flair & Roddy Piper (It was a one time deal I can accept this)
2. Rated RKO (Pretty Good Team)
3. John Cena & Shawn Michaels (Story Purposes/Working a Feud)
4. Matt & Jeff Hardy (Can't Argue This)
5. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch (Very Boring)
6. Hardcorde Holly & Cody Rhodes (Very Very Boring)
7. Ted Dibiase Jr & Cody Rhodes (Very Deserving)
8. Batista & John Cena (Kiss My Ass/Storyline Purposes)
9. Kofi Kingston & Cm Punk (Not a real Tag Team but pretty good together)
10. John Morrison & The Miz (Awesome Team)

Unified Tag Team Champs during The Cryme Tyme Era:
1. Primo & Carliton (Amazing Team)
2. Chris Jericho & Edge (Love them individually)
3. Chris Jericho & The Big Show (Cool Team)
4. Triple H & Shawn Michaels (First Reign, Well Deserved)
5. The Big Show & The Miz (Pretty Cool Team)

Geesh! Naming those teams above took longer than I thought haha. My point is that this list above is not the best list. In the era of Cryme Tyme all these teams held the belts but Cryme Tyme couldn't get one reign.

Of the teams listed above only 3 teams began their career as a Tag Team. I feel this belt was also used just to make a storyline more compelling. What happened to good Tag Teams winning the belts because they deserved it.

Deuce & Domino were a horrible team no offense, they had no impact at all what so ever when they were champs.

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins made no impact act all as champs. All I remember is Edge and the two dudes that wore the skully with the long hair. Thats all I remember.

People like Randy Orton, Edge, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Batista, and even The Big Show didn't need the belts in that point in their career. They were super over and basically the belts did nothing for them.

Reasons Why a Cryme Tyme Return Would We Good For WWE:
1. It saves JTG's career
Let's face it, JTG is pretty much gone within a matter of weeks. The WWE just fail to realize the talent this guy has. I really believe they should use him more now that he's a heel. I think he can be a decent midcarder. But without Shad, he's gone
2. They were a memorable team
They were the only Tag Team that was constantly in the Mainevent Scene. Who remembers CTC (Cryme Tyme Cena).
They did amazing work with Cena.
They destroyed JBL's Limo.
They stole from fellow wrestlers which was pretty funny.
They had an awesome slogan (That Money Money, Yeah Yeah)
They were Super Over with the fans.
They were awesome on the mic and even had their own mini-show (Cryme Tyme's Word Up Of the Day)
3. They are an orginial team that can boost the Tag Team Division
They can encourage the WWE to build more homegrown tag teams.
4. They increase a more outspread demographic
I believe everyone loved Cryme Tyme no matter what race. I'll be honest because as a black guy myself, I did find them to be a stereotypical but atleast the creative team made them good guys that stole instead of heels that stole.

What destroyed the Tag Team Division:
The need to use the belt for other reasons other than for great tag teams. To take the belts from Rhodes & Dibiase just to give it to Cena & Batista to elevate a storyline is what killed the worth of the belts, especially since Dibiase & Rhodes won the belts back the following week. There were many examples of this if you look at the list of champions above.

That takes credibilty from the belts if they are thrown around so easy. The fact that the creative teams can strip the belts from a great tag team just to throw them on Cena & HBK is important.

Also unifying the belts were a horrible idea. This was the WWE's idea of saying that they were sick of two Tag Team Champs. It was also their way of having an opportunity to release many Tag Team wrestlers from their contracts.

Quick fact about Cryme Tyme:
Everyone thats watched wrestling since 2006 or any point since then remembers Cryme Tyme. They were memorable.

Some people might not remember Brian Kendrick & Paul London, some might not remember Deuce & Domino, some might not remember Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins even being a Tag Team, many won't remember Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch.

But I guarantee you every fan remembers CRYME TYME, hands down. They were involved in so many antics & were a showcase on WWE programming and managed to be a team for a little less than 4 years without winning the Tag Titles and thats saying something.

Why was Cryme Tyme never awarded the belts:
I have no idea why. They feuded with many of the teams listed above.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it a race thing.
I really don't know the answer to this.

Guys thank for reading this. I really believe a Cryme Tyme return will really shake up the Tag Team division. They were the team that every fan wanted to do good. They were the team that everyone wanted to see be champs.

The WWE needs to contact Shad and renegotiate his contract before its too late.

Thanks guys & Be Safe.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MSACDcwd8

Submit "Why a Cryme Tyme return might save the WWE Tag Team Division" to Digg Submit "Why a Cryme Tyme return might save the WWE Tag Team Division" to del.icio.us Submit "Why a Cryme Tyme return might save the WWE Tag Team Division" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why a Cryme Tyme return might save the WWE Tag Team Division" to Google

Updated 06-30-2011 at 09:52 PM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    weren't the highlanders in the cryme tine era too?
    Quote Originally Posted by the great Steef
    weren't the highlanders in the cryme tine era too?
    I'm not sure, I know for a fact they weren't champs in the Cryme Tyme Era though
    What do you mean "hell no" to Deuce and Domino. They were the best team that SD had. Along with London and Kendrick. Followed by Cryme Tyme. I look back on Morrison and the Miz, and wow Morrison was lame. Miz really did carry that team. Cade and Murdoch were good for the Raw tag team divison (before main eventers started invading).

Thanks for the flashback.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyExtremeXvX
    What do you mean "hell no" to Deuce and Domino. They were the best team that SD had. Along with London and Kendrick. Followed by Cryme Tyme. I look back on Morrison and the Miz, and wow Morrison was lame. Miz really did carry that team. Cade and Murdoch were good for the Raw tag team divison (before main eventers started invading).

Thanks for the flashback.
    You make some good points my friend. I just wasnt a Deuce & Domino fan. Now if we're going based on in-ring skill then easily Cade & Murdoch was a great team.

My basic rant here is why out of all the teams mentioned that Cryme Tyme didnt get one title run?

What do you think will re-boost the Tag Team era? leave a reply
    TBH the only thing I remember about Deuce and Domino is that Deuce randomly became Sim Snuka for about 2 week, and that they used Cherry for nothing except Eye Candy. Cade and Murdoch were good, but London and Kendrick and Cryme Tyme were always epic.

The only other team I would want to return would be MNM. They were cool.
    deuce & domino got better recognition in the indys than they did in wwe. if they got more built and longevity as a team, they could have been one of the more dominant teams. they had good characters/gimmick but could have been used/booked better.

murdoch and cade i would have like to see with a long tag team title run or just being built up more because they could have been one of the hottest heel tag teams when they were together.

I honestly didn't care about Cryme Tyme in the ring, I enjoyed having a laugh whenever they did their backstage skits or whatever they were up to. I didn't see dollar signs or tag team potential around them but was surprised they lasted as long as they did.
    I believe Lance Cade is dead, is he not?

Anyway I agree, I loved watching Tag Teams back in the day.. it's what got me watching wrestling.. I watched MNM wrestle.. I seen Melina.. Then I seen what they could do in the ring! Perfect.

Cryme Tyme was good also, they had good chemistry in the ring.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.