View RSS Feed

jamez20

Why CM-Punk's Promo was fake

Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average.
Here are the reason's why CM-Punk's promo wasn't a "shoot".
  1. What a coincidence that Raw ended with that promo.
  2. The second he went off-script, his mic should have been taken off. Yes I know it's a live show but it took them that long to mute his mic
  3. WWE has a great feeling that ROH is going to get big so why not just say the name. It's not like no one knows what ROH is, especially with their successful PPV the night before this promo.
  4. WWE likes controversy and that's why they gave the promo to this character because of his success at being a "heel".
  5. I believe that WWE wants Punk to be the ultimate heel, even though he is considered by many already.
  6. Its just a work, that's all I have to say
  7. First you all believed that Vince McMahon actually died from that limo explosion, and that Matt Hardy actually jump the barricade while he wasn't employed with the WWE and and attack Edge because of Lita. Oh yeah, and that John Cena was actually leaving the WWE or been fired.
  8. WWE realized that there is a point where they can't ignore the internet-wrestling-community. How long can they ignore the opinions of the wrestling minds that surface the internet. People knows whats going on and WWE would do anything for ratings. WWE probably and I said "probably", realized that ROH is "potential" completion combined with TNA so basically the WWE has to step their game up. Some may say that the forces of TNA and ROH is no competition to the WWE at all. Well, if they continued with the route they were going then, yes TNA and ROH is definitely competition in the long run. So basically, they just stepped-up their game a little bit. The WWE just founded the right time to use that promo. They would do anything for attention.

This was also a way of them asking for their "old" fans back that went to TNA or ROH. There basically saying to themselves..."Hey, we got the kids, now we can get back our old audience" "Let's give them what they want...a shoot promo" "Everything that they want to hear" "Just so we can get some attention from them

Pro-wrestling has always been about putting on a show and making it look real. WWE, however lost that "real" factor. This was a way of them trying to destroy the stereotypes that have been portrayed upon their product recently.

IMO

And again, this is for the people that actually believe that this promo was a shoot

Submit "Why CM-Punk's Promo was fake" to Digg Submit "Why CM-Punk's Promo was fake" to del.icio.us Submit "Why CM-Punk's Promo was fake" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why CM-Punk's Promo was fake" to Google

Updated 06-28-2011 at 02:56 AM by jamez20

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was one of those fans who saw it and wondered why Vince would let him say what he did, and to an extent I believe there are parts of that promo that were true in the eyes of CM Punk. My quarrel is with your seventh statement,

"First you all believed that Vince McMahon actually died from that limo explosion, and that Matt Hardy actually jump the barricade while he wasn't employed with the WWE and and attack Edge because of Lita. Oh yeah, and that John Cena was actually leaving the WWE or been fired.

Who believed these things exactly? I don't recall anyone seeing the limo explosion and thinking "fuck that wasn't planned!", thinking that Matt actually wasn't employed when he jumped the barricade (they wouldn't have hired back someone who actually violated their security now would they?), or thinking Cena's actually leaving WWE (why would the face of the product leave, a) on a mediocre storyline, or b) at the prime of his career?). If anything these things had the surprise element that we, the IWC, complain has gone. Why tear into what makes sports entertainment, well, entertaining?

The reaction the promo got was brilliant because it genuinely made people think it could be real. It's that buzz that you got through the Attitude era - you never knew when to expect a surprise. CM Punk has the IWC down to a tee, and his role as the business' ultimate heel perfected.
    The thing is they allowed him because everything had been monotonous for a long time, every thing seems scripted and while the direction towards kids, not the PG direction in general but the really Disney kind of approach is taking its toll. You need something fresher, you need more than the "I Hate you Cena" statement form every heel, yes it was cool for Edge and Batista but after those two, it is just simply way repetitive.

And the only character and or wrestler able to pull something like that was none other than Punk, He is one of the best all around wrestlers the company has, if not the best right now.

Many will say it is Randy Orton, but sorry guys, Randy Orton can't have a promo during 20 minutes and still make people care, Punk does.

On commentary, Well sorry but as of right now with no JR or someone like Ventura or The Brain, yes he is right, the commentary is garbage, Cole in all roles can't touch Punk.

In the ring, well there is a argument that Daniel Bryan or Jericho (who is not there) can be as exciting, Cena is not, he is good for what he does, but the character of John Cena does not have the diversity of the character of Punk, first and foremost the roles are completely different so there is no way to really compare both.

So his worked-shoot was great and done to perfection by everyone that participate on it, even Cena looked disappointed at himself a little.

So they have pulled this one to make everyone care and it is working.
    You can call it what you want but the truth is all of it is true. Every last is true. The commentary became so bad, I honestly sick of King and Cole, they became bias, one is heel and one is a face. They should be neutral, call the match as they see it. I miss J.R. he use to do hs homework, and you usually learned something about wrestlers and he usually praised them even if he didn't like them on camera.
    Fake?

No. Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
    Fake?

No. Shit.

read the bottom of the article
    i thought it was real untill wwe had a replay of what he said on their website. letting it slip through live is one thing, but if he really went behind their back like that and humiliated them, they wouldnt have it on their site to be viewed again, or for the first time by people who missed raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrat10
    i thought it was real untill wwe had a replay of what he said on their website. letting it slip through live is one thing, but if he really went behind their back like that and humiliated them, they wouldnt have it on their site to be viewed again, or for the first time by people who missed raw.
    Exactly...It seems as if the WWE are just rubbing it in the faces of the WWE fans and advertising what he did. Hey they got over the Chris Beniot story instantly among with other deaths and issues, but it seems as if this will be hanging as a storyline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.