View RSS Feed

Watson1124

John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive

Rate this Entry
I've been a fan of the WWE my whole life. So I've seen it go from one of the most exciting pieces of entertainment to the sell-out PG-rated crap it has become today. However, in the past month or so it has been picking back up, but I'll come back to that in a minute.
Now I don't know exactly who's fault it is. Maybe it's Vince McMahon's for selling out, WWE creative for their lack of CREATIVEness, or if it actually is all John Cena's fault for being the always-loving, fan favorite, sell-out that he's always been. But the biggest problem of all are the little boys and girls who cheer for the man responsible for the downfall of the WWE. These little kids worship this phony and they tell their friends about him, and then they tell their friends, and so on until Cena has a following of nothing but pre-pubescents and their mothers. But it's all fine with McMahon and the people in charge because they're selling posters, shirts, hats, novelty cups and all sorts of merchandise that make millions of dollars. Is it just a coincidence that he always has the title? I mean, maybe it's just me but think back for a second. When was the last time you really remember yourself glued to the T.V. because you never knew what was going to happen next? It sure as hell wasn't with the always predictable John Cena in the main event am I right?
There was an era when the WWE was cool...the "Attitude Era". When everyone spoke their mind and didn't have to keep their rants on a P.G. level. Which brings me to my next point...

Attachment 976

Next time you tune into RAW and hear two chants simultaneously ("Let's go Cena!"/"Cena Sucks!"), pay attention to whose chanting which. If you look closely you'll notice the little kids chanting Cena's name while all of the adults, who let me remind you are the original audience that the WWE intended to attract, are rooting for CM Punk. Why? because he SPEAKS HIS MIND. He doesnt care about P.G. ratings, or what mommy doesn't want her little kiddies to hear. After CM Punk is done talking, look at the expressions on the face of the person he's insulting. Those are real faces of disbelief mixed with anger mixed with shock. The adults (the real audience) love him because you never know what he's going to say/do next. Unlike the predictable Cena who wins the title, holds onto it for a couple of months, loses it, goes back out demands another shot, and wins it back. So just imagine if everyone was like CM Punk, Stone Cold, or The Rock like the old days how much better it would be.
Yeah I know the WWE, as much as I hate to say it, has become all about the money and public image, but at least if there were more CM Punks and less John Cenas it wouldn't be unoriginal.

Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Digg Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Google

Updated 09-04-2011 at 10:46 AM by Frank

Tags: cena, cm punk
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsckilla23
    You are not a wrestling fan your a Cena fan if your a wrestling fan you know what wrestling entertainment is all about and that's putting on great matches & promos. The Rock and Austin did both great matches and great promos, they have been beaten cleanly by allot of good wrestlers they didn't win there matches all the time like Cena does so get your shit straight. For you to say Cena has worked harder than The Rock you clearly are a fucken Cena fan tell me one great match and great promo Cena has done since he's been on top....Let me tell you John Cena vs Cm Punk the second one was with John Cena vs Shawn Michaels that's it, The Rock had great matches with Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg which all of them have pinned The Rock clean. The Rock ENTERTAINED the whole crowd while Cena only entertains people who buys his merchandise and for you to say he works harder than The Rock you are outta your fucken mind. You and the WWE Universe are the reason wrestling entertainment sucks and don't call yourself a wrestling fan because you belong to the rest of fags (WWE Universe) that only cheer for John Cena, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio.
    Firstly, do you really have to stoop to name calling to get your point across?
    On to it. By no means am I a Cena fan. I often change the channel when he wrestles, since hes been doing the same routine for several years. But when I said that he works harder than Cena, I didn't mean from an entertainment perspective. I meant from a work ethic perspective. Theres a big difference. He works hard in the sense that hes the first person to come in for work, and the last to leave. He does all the interviews, movies and press conferences for the WWE. He also works at every tour, and house show that the WWE puts on. Hes the posterboy of the company, and thats nothing to be ashamed of, when you love what you do. Cena does just that - he has a demanding job that most wouldn't even consider doing, and he loves every minute of it. Cenas been doing that for many years now. When The Rock saw an opportunity in Hollywood, he left the WWE. I respect his decision, but he could have stayed and been in the place that Cena is right now, if he chose to, and carried the burden that Cena does now, but he didn't. So whole The Rock was making movies, Cena represented the company. By the way, I wasn't a big fan of either Cena, or The Rock's wrestling. Both men were entertaining in their own way - Cena through rapping, and The Rock through his untoppable charisma and world famous catchphrases. Both of them have had good matches, but I wouldn't put them as my top 10 WRESTLERS of all time. Those spots are reserved for the likes of Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Danielson, Kobashi, Misawa, and Hart.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.