View RSS Feed

Watson1124

John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive

Rate this Entry
I've been a fan of the WWE my whole life. So I've seen it go from one of the most exciting pieces of entertainment to the sell-out PG-rated crap it has become today. However, in the past month or so it has been picking back up, but I'll come back to that in a minute.
Now I don't know exactly who's fault it is. Maybe it's Vince McMahon's for selling out, WWE creative for their lack of CREATIVEness, or if it actually is all John Cena's fault for being the always-loving, fan favorite, sell-out that he's always been. But the biggest problem of all are the little boys and girls who cheer for the man responsible for the downfall of the WWE. These little kids worship this phony and they tell their friends about him, and then they tell their friends, and so on until Cena has a following of nothing but pre-pubescents and their mothers. But it's all fine with McMahon and the people in charge because they're selling posters, shirts, hats, novelty cups and all sorts of merchandise that make millions of dollars. Is it just a coincidence that he always has the title? I mean, maybe it's just me but think back for a second. When was the last time you really remember yourself glued to the T.V. because you never knew what was going to happen next? It sure as hell wasn't with the always predictable John Cena in the main event am I right?
There was an era when the WWE was cool...the "Attitude Era". When everyone spoke their mind and didn't have to keep their rants on a P.G. level. Which brings me to my next point...

Attachment 976

Next time you tune into RAW and hear two chants simultaneously ("Let's go Cena!"/"Cena Sucks!"), pay attention to whose chanting which. If you look closely you'll notice the little kids chanting Cena's name while all of the adults, who let me remind you are the original audience that the WWE intended to attract, are rooting for CM Punk. Why? because he SPEAKS HIS MIND. He doesnt care about P.G. ratings, or what mommy doesn't want her little kiddies to hear. After CM Punk is done talking, look at the expressions on the face of the person he's insulting. Those are real faces of disbelief mixed with anger mixed with shock. The adults (the real audience) love him because you never know what he's going to say/do next. Unlike the predictable Cena who wins the title, holds onto it for a couple of months, loses it, goes back out demands another shot, and wins it back. So just imagine if everyone was like CM Punk, Stone Cold, or The Rock like the old days how much better it would be.
Yeah I know the WWE, as much as I hate to say it, has become all about the money and public image, but at least if there were more CM Punks and less John Cenas it wouldn't be unoriginal.

Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Digg Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Google

Updated 09-04-2011 at 10:46 AM by Frank

Tags: cena, cm punk
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I read everyone's comments in this blog and there's a couple of Cena Ass KISSER in here but hey you guys learn from the best and that's Cena himself because he does it in all of his promos. Let me tell you people who are the one's to blame Vince Mcmahon because John Cena brings him money and the creative writers who keep making John Cena unstoppable and last but not least John Cena himself because he is the top guy in the WWE which means he has some saying backstage which means he cares about entertaining a crowd who buy his merchandise. You people are blind or deaf about saying Cena has good mic skills that just makes me laugh Cena mic skills is like the written test in a Dmv everything is the same but put in a different meaning which he does every fucken Monday Night about how the fans are great, how he loves the wwe, how he will never quit for them (which he means the fans again), actual quote from Cena "Listen to this crowd" kissing ass like always. I remember when Stone Cold or The Rock got the people pumped was when they said Give Me A HELL YEAH!!! or If You Smell What The Rock Is COOKING!! but Cena's catchphrase is You Can't SHEEE Me of course we can see a phony who tries to be a nigga from the hood which he was raised in West Newbury NOT BOSTON people because Boston is where the real Niggas are at West Newbury is like Hollywood Hills, Boston is Like Los Angeles Well back to my point what has Cena done entertaining Nothing!!! What Has Cm Punk done entertaining Allot!!! but he's not in the title picture but Cena is Why cuz the stupid people who thinks he's entertaining and buy his colorful faggot ass T-Shirts need to him Unstoppable which ruins it for the real wrestling fans. Whoever said Attitude Era had some stupid moments either your retarded or just plain stupid because everything in the Attitude Era was Entertaining in Wrestling Matches, Mic Promos and had allot of Top Faces or Heels gunning for the championship.
    Braxton you are a lame ass wwe mark just shut the fuck up already you clown
    [QUOTE=Braxton;bt21118]This if a poor article that by someone who is blinded by nostalgia. Go back and really watch entire episodes of Raw from the Attitude Era. A lot of it was really bad. The Hardcore championship was stupid. The European championship had 0 Prestige and seemed to be defended on every episode of Raw. The mid card was boring.

The Attitude Era was a well booked tag division, an intercontinental division headlined by 2 of the best wrestlers of the last 25 years (Benoit and Jericho) and a main event scene where the fans believed that anyone (Taker, HHH, SCSA, Rock, Mankind, etc.)could beat anyone other main eventer. They also had the benefit of not splitting the talent between 2 different shows.

The PG Era had a poorly booked tag division. A poorly booked US title division. A poorly booked Intercontinental Division, and a Main Event scene where if you aren't Randy Orton or John Cena you will not win a match clean.

This has NOTHING to do with PG or Cena, or anything else. This is the WWE getting a new generation of fans behind Super Cena and Orton. Kids love continuity! Times are changing though if you havent noticed.

PS- The WWE has always been about the money. Don't fool yourself into thinking that they weren't about the money back then.[/QUOTE]
    Cena is not killing the WWE. No I'm not kissin ass. Yes I am a fan. I'm also a realist. So let's be real. Cena is good for business in the same way The Rock was for the WWE. CM Punk is good for business in the same vein of SCSA. While I have no beef with Punk, if we callin out the Cena ass kissers then some mention neds to be made for the Punk dick riders. To say one man is bring down the WWE is ridiculous. Not for nothin, the WWEs problem has been creative and them not being able to do anything with the other wrestlers on their roster but that's another story and blog. And to say Cena has no mic skills what have y'all been watchin? While it ahs been dumbed down by the pg era he has always held the audience captive. Th fact that y'all listenin and critiquing is proof of that. I get that Cenas 5 moves of doom which even he has joked about
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsckilla23
    I read everyone's comments in this blog and there's a couple of Cena Ass KISSER in here but hey you guys learn from the best and that's Cena himself because he does it in all of his promos. Let me tell you people who are the one's to blame Vince Mcmahon because John Cena brings him money and the creative writers who keep making John Cena unstoppable and last but not least John Cena himself because he is the top guy in the WWE which means he has some saying backstage which means he cares about entertaining a crowd who buy his merchandise. You people are blind or deaf about saying Cena has good mic skills that just makes me laugh Cena mic skills is like the written test in a Dmv everything is the same but put in a different meaning which he does every fucken Monday Night about how the fans are great, how he loves the wwe, how he will never quit for them (which he means the fans again), actual quote from Cena "Listen to this crowd" kissing ass like always. I remember when Stone Cold or The Rock got the people pumped was when they said Give Me A HELL YEAH!!! or If You Smell What The Rock Is COOKING!! but Cena's catchphrase is You Can't SHEEE Me of course we can see a phony who tries to be a nigga from the hood which he was raised in West Newbury NOT BOSTON people because Boston is where the real Niggas are at West Newbury is like Hollywood Hills, Boston is Like Los Angeles Well back to my point what has Cena done entertaining Nothing!!! What Has Cm Punk done entertaining Allot!!! but he's not in the title picture but Cena is Why cuz the stupid people who thinks he's entertaining and buy his colorful faggot ass T-Shirts need to him Unstoppable which ruins it for the real wrestling fans. Whoever said Attitude Era had some stupid moments either your retarded or just plain stupid because everything in the Attitude Era was Entertaining in Wrestling Matches, Mic Promos and had allot of Top Faces or Heels gunning for the championship.
    Can anyone tell me what the hell hes going on about?
    to all the people defending cena, lets just face it, cena IS going stale as the top baby face and he does the same "noble/champion" talk on the mic every single time he gets on it, i'm sorry but he's not that great on the mic, mostly because he does the same routine every damn time, and he's as boring in the ring as could possibly be and the only one he seems to ever bring out the best in him in the ring is Punk, i mean, how many fisherman suplex's and diving shoulder attacks in a single match does this man have to do in order for you people to be absolutely sick of him already?...people have been glued to their tv sets over the past few months, but it isn't because of cena anymore, it's because of Punk...Punk is exciting to people of all ages, Cena is exciting to 5-12 year olds and woman who wouldn't know real wrestling if it was their job... does he make the company money? yes, but Punk is also starting to make the company alot of money and cena CAN'T stay the top babyface forever...a major heel turn is greatly needed for Cena in order for him maintain or raise his interest value!
    John Cena isn't stale, the booking is stale. Seriously, you guys say Cena is stale as if he really controls his character. Also, its annoying hearing people say he does his same routine in order when NEWSFLASH, Hulk Hogan has done it and Shawn Michaels has done that as well bu yet again, Cena gets bitched about that. Also, I hope you guys do realize that the heel dominating the face until the face makes a comeback has been done for a LONG time now so Cena isn't the first person to do that.

I'm not trying to make people like Cena because everyone has their own opinions but to give Cena a lot of slack for stuff that creative has control over is ridiculous.
    [QUOTE=DUBS;bt22372]John Cena isn't stale, the booking is stale. Seriously, you guys say Cena is stale as if he really controls his character. Also, its annoying hearing people say he does his same routine in order when NEWSFLASH, Hulk Hogan has done it and Shawn Michaels has done that as well bu yet again, Cena gets bitched about that. Also, I hope you guys do realize that the heel dominating the face until the face makes a comeback has been done for a LONG time now so Cena isn't the first person to do that.

I'm not trying to make people like Cena because everyone has their own opinions but to give Cena a lot of slack for stuff that creative has control over is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

there's an interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin and he talks about how the creative writers only do the storylines of WWE not create the character, he also said that in the Attitude Era everyone on the mic was saying what was on there minds and no one told them what to say so for you to say Cena has Mic skills but creative controls what Cena says on the mic that's bullshit!. Austin also said he was the one who created Stone Cold Steve Austin not Mcmahon, The Rock created himself not Mcmahon, so mostly the top wrestlers create there character themselves and had to make in impact in wrestling entertainment. The only one who was controlled by Mcmahon is Hogan and Cena cuz there the only 2 characters kids loved so that's why they say the same shit all the time while there doing there promos. So don't blame creative blame Hogan himself for all the money he was making from lil kids and the same goes for Cena cuz all they cared about is entertaining the people who bought there merchandise. Cena is stale, he is predictable and he is just plain boring. I hate when people say Austin was the same and The Rock was the same which is another bullshit lie because when they stepped foot in the ring there minds was to entertain the crowd and leave them unpredictable on what was gonna happen, plus The Rock and Austin didn't win 95% of there matches like Hogan and Cena did, The Rock and Austin didn't bury the good talent they had and last but not least The Rock and Austin had lost clean in there matches all the time not like Cena cuz the only time he loses is by interference, distracted, or the other wrestler cheating. Cm punk in these 3 months has given us wrestling fans entertainment which Cena has given us wrestling fans Nothing since 2006
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.