View RSS Feed

Watson1124

John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive

Rate this Entry
I've been a fan of the WWE my whole life. So I've seen it go from one of the most exciting pieces of entertainment to the sell-out PG-rated crap it has become today. However, in the past month or so it has been picking back up, but I'll come back to that in a minute.
Now I don't know exactly who's fault it is. Maybe it's Vince McMahon's for selling out, WWE creative for their lack of CREATIVEness, or if it actually is all John Cena's fault for being the always-loving, fan favorite, sell-out that he's always been. But the biggest problem of all are the little boys and girls who cheer for the man responsible for the downfall of the WWE. These little kids worship this phony and they tell their friends about him, and then they tell their friends, and so on until Cena has a following of nothing but pre-pubescents and their mothers. But it's all fine with McMahon and the people in charge because they're selling posters, shirts, hats, novelty cups and all sorts of merchandise that make millions of dollars. Is it just a coincidence that he always has the title? I mean, maybe it's just me but think back for a second. When was the last time you really remember yourself glued to the T.V. because you never knew what was going to happen next? It sure as hell wasn't with the always predictable John Cena in the main event am I right?
There was an era when the WWE was cool...the "Attitude Era". When everyone spoke their mind and didn't have to keep their rants on a P.G. level. Which brings me to my next point...

Attachment 976

Next time you tune into RAW and hear two chants simultaneously ("Let's go Cena!"/"Cena Sucks!"), pay attention to whose chanting which. If you look closely you'll notice the little kids chanting Cena's name while all of the adults, who let me remind you are the original audience that the WWE intended to attract, are rooting for CM Punk. Why? because he SPEAKS HIS MIND. He doesnt care about P.G. ratings, or what mommy doesn't want her little kiddies to hear. After CM Punk is done talking, look at the expressions on the face of the person he's insulting. Those are real faces of disbelief mixed with anger mixed with shock. The adults (the real audience) love him because you never know what he's going to say/do next. Unlike the predictable Cena who wins the title, holds onto it for a couple of months, loses it, goes back out demands another shot, and wins it back. So just imagine if everyone was like CM Punk, Stone Cold, or The Rock like the old days how much better it would be.
Yeah I know the WWE, as much as I hate to say it, has become all about the money and public image, but at least if there were more CM Punks and less John Cenas it wouldn't be unoriginal.

Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Digg Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena Ruining the WWE/Punk Keeps it Alive" to Google

Updated 09-04-2011 at 10:46 AM by Frank

Tags: cena, cm punk
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    John Cena maybe the Face of the WWE and his fans are kids but I'm no kid and I'm a fan, I enjoy watching Cena wrestle, his mic skills are great, he plays the crowd, he entertains us in everyway possible. If John Cena was as bad as people make out you wouldn't even pay attention to him but you do!

I personally believe John Cena wouldn't mind a change of scene (being a heel) and I think it would be amazing for him to change BUT like Rey Mysterio they promote such good moral values for the young kids watching that it would be hard for them to turn their back, Rey and Johns fan base are so specific and sales from and earnings from that make it hard for a current change, so until they bridge (fill the hole left by Cena sales) the gap where it could be possible for a change from John it's not going to happen. If and when Punk is on a John Cena scale maybe then you'll see a change and more of a difference??

Punks on a roll at the moment, everyone can see that! Let him beat HHH at NoC. The 'E need to push hard a few other talents too, Miz, Truth, Ziggler and Morrison on Raw and Henry, Sheamus, Barrett and Rhodes on Smackdown! The potential for change is coming ...Or maybe I'm talking crap.

And yes Attitude Era was amazing, I was 9 in 1997 watching Raw, I saw the Era as a young child but I don't want to see it done again because it will fail.

Believe in Punk, In Punk we Trust.

LOL =]
    Cena isn't ruining the WWE, that's an exaggaration. He could do a lot better, but I still think more people come to see Cena (which is odd, because every match there seems to be a moment in which we can't see him, sorry, couldn't let the pun go..) than people come to see Punk (though judging by shirt and loudness, there also are a lot).

I agree with you on the creative control freaking point though. But it's too easy to take that out on Cena. As soon as he takes a funny shot at the ring announcer or calls Rock a fruity dude, even on this forum he catches flak for it: the guy is walking a tightrope and probably can never do the right thing in anyone's perspective.
    Oh look, another Cena hating blog.
    When was the last time you really remember yourself glued to the T.V. because you never knew what was going to happen next? It sure as hell wasn't with the always predictable John Cena in the main event am I right?

MITB.

disagree with everything you say. oh, and btw. if everyone spoke their mind, where would the shockvalue be? it's like a chairshot to the head. ten years ago, nobody would care, but now if it happend it would be a OMFG moment for shure!
    This if a poor article that by someone who is blinded by nostalgia. Go back and really watch entire episodes of Raw from the Attitude Era. A lot of it was really bad. The Hardcore championship was stupid. The European championship had 0 Prestige and seemed to be defended on every episode of Raw. The mid card was boring.

The Attitude Era was a well booked tag division, an intercontinental division headlined by 2 of the best wrestlers of the last 25 years (Benoit and Jericho) and a main event scene where the fans believed that anyone (Taker, HHH, SCSA, Rock, Mankind, etc.)could beat anyone other main eventer. They also had the benefit of not splitting the talent between 2 different shows.

The PG Era had a poorly booked tag division. A poorly booked US title division. A poorly booked Intercontinental Division, and a Main Event scene where if you aren't Randy Orton or John Cena you will not win a match clean.

This has NOTHING to do with PG or Cena, or anything else. This is the WWE getting a new generation of fans behind Super Cena and Orton. Kids love continuity! Times are changing though if you havent noticed.

PS- The WWE has always been about the money. Don't fool yourself into thinking that they weren't about the money back then.
    Please. John Cena is not ruining WWE. No one is ruining WWE. Everything is getting better. Divas division, tag team division, Zack Ryder has been on television, the right people are being pushed. WWE is pretty damn good right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjell
    When was the last time you really remember yourself glued to the T.V. because you never knew what was going to happen next? It sure as hell wasn't with the always predictable John Cena in the main event am I right?

MITB.

disagree with everything you say. oh, and btw. if everyone spoke their mind, where would the shockvalue be? it's like a chairshot to the head. ten years ago, nobody would care, but now if it happend it would be a OMFG moment for shure!
    The only reason you were glued to the T.V. at MiTB was because of CM Punk, and don't say it wasn't.

Go back and look at the last WWE championship match between mysterio and cena. Cena doesn't even bother pretending to act pumped to win the title again because he has shot, after shot, after shot, after shot. Where's the shock value in that?

Here are the last WWE champions and their contenders as of June 2009:

- Orton/Cena
    - Cena/Orton
    - orton/cena
    - cena/sheamus
    - sheamus/cena
    - cena/batista
    - batista/cena
    - cena/sheamus
    - sheamus/orton
    - orton/miz
    - miz/cena
    - cena/cm punk
    - mysterio/cena
    - cena/punk
    - punk/del rio

Now tell me, what exactly was it that you disagreed with again?
    Updated 09-04-2011 at 06:42 PM by Watson1124
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.